Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Spending £20 million on Abraham when Haaland would be available for £60-80 million more would be a terrible piece of business.
Haaland won’t be available for that. His release clause is €75m for summer 2022. Anyone wants him this year it’ll be €100m+ and a tonne of brexit paperwork

AgentSmith

Haaland won’t be available for that. His release clause is €75m for summer 2022. Anyone wants him this year it’ll be €100m+ and a tonne of brexit paperwork
I agree. Just following the parameters of his thought experiment.

Haaland seems to have City written all over him next summer.

Scholsey2004

Spending £20 million on Abraham when Haaland would be available for £60-80 million more would be a terrible piece of business.
Im not convinced that A) we can afford to spend that much on a single player given that we need to recruit in other areas and, rather importantly, B) im not at all convinced we'll win the transfer tussle for Haaland. We arent likely to be the only interested party there and certainly not the wealthiest. Going all in on Haaland would be terrible business of the Cesc Fabregas variety.

Scholsey2004

Go on, what does that mean? Are we not entitled to have differing opinions on a forum now then or is everyone who disagrees with you automatically thick then?

AgentSmith

Go on, what does that mean? Are we not entitled to have differing opinions on a forum now then or is everyone who disagrees with you automatically thick then?
What? Of course we’re entitled to different opinions, that’s the purpose of the Caf, and I would never call anyone thick on here - it’s just needlessly disrespectful.

You expressed a thought that we could get Abraham from Chelsea because they might be interested in Haaland. I responded that I thought that was a bad idea as we’d be, in part, helping to strengthen a rival while (imo) weakening ourselves. You named a price that Abraham would be available at, which you thought would be fair, in comparison to the price Haaland would cost. I replied, using those hypothetical prices you suggested, that it would be a poor choice to go for Abraham and instead we’d be better off going directly for Haaland.

A different poster then replied directly to me saying Haaland wouldn’t be available at that price range. So I responded explaining they were the prices you had suggested in the scenario we had been discussing e.g. the parameters of the thought experiment.

Nothing more, nothing less.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Why? He's the polar opposite to the type of central attacker Guardiola likes to play with and Guardiola hates his agent

Other than the fact City have the money (as do a number of other sides) and the fact his dad used to play for them I don't see why so many feel he's nailed on to join them

stu_1992

True. But sometimes these deals seem to appear out of nowhere so let's see - where there's a will, there's a way. Personally, I'd be gutted if Henderson left and would really worry about the direction of the club and its supposed values. On the other hand, I really admire that Dean isn't prepared to be a bit-part player. Love a hard-working footballer with ambition (*nod to Bruno*). Plenty of players would be happy just to collect a cheque at United.
Yeah but once again here you're suggesting that there is a will, but like is there? I don't get that feeling from either De Gea or PSG, and possibly not United either. You're previously reply to me was speculative at best as to why they'd want De Gea. It's a fact that PSG have already cut back spending a bit and I don't see them changing that for De Gea. As I said, they are working hard for Neymar and Mbappe renewals.

As for PSG possibly wanting De Gea so he can model in Paris as you suggested in your reply to me, that's laughable. If PSG were looking at a keeper, I think Donnarumma is a far more likely option considering his age and contract situation.

ShinjiNinja26

Ah getting the message out nice and early, least we can prepare ourselves for a shite window and be pleasantly surprised if we do some serious business. Not that I’m expecting us to go mad like the sugar daddy clubs times are obviously tough but I am expecting us to make 2 or 3 first team signings, and if the club really want to make the next step to really challenge that’s the minimum that’s required.

manuchamp88

As for PSG possibly wanting De Gea so he can model in Paris as you suggested in your reply to me, that's laughable. If PSG were looking at a keeper, I think Donnarumma is a far more likely option considering his age and contract situation.
So, are you suggesting that Donnarumma is better looking than De Gea? Who's the best looking goalie in the world? Bet he earns more than the others...from ads. Probably has a nice girlfriend or wife too. But she's probably not interested in football. Loves fashion, though. Once he retires and the money stops flowing in quite as much, that's when the arguments start. "Why does she look at the gardener that way? Why does she always complain about how long I spend playing COD?" "Why doesn't he show me more attention? I wish we lived in Paris. I wish I were David De Gea's wife living in Paris".

Scholsey2004

What? Of course we’re entitled to different opinions, that’s the purpose of the Caf, and I would never call anyone thick on here - it’s just needlessly disrespectful.

You expressed a thought that we could get Abraham from Chelsea because they might be interested in Haaland. I responded that I thought that was a bad idea as we’d be, in part, helping to strengthen a rival while (imo) weakening ourselves. You named a price that Abraham would be available at, which you thought would be fair, in comparison to the price Haaland would cost. I replied, using those hypothetical prices you suggested, that it would be a poor choice to go for Abraham and instead we’d be better off going directly for Haaland.

A different poster then replied directly to me saying Haaland wouldn’t be available at that price range. So I responded explaining they were the prices you had suggested in the scenario we had been discussing e.g. the parameters of the thought experiment.

Nothing more, nothing less.
There are two or three comments where you were quite derisory actually. Ive no problem with posters disagreeing with my opinion but insulting my intelligence to reinforce the strength of your opinion over mine just isnt on.

AgentSmith

There are two or three comments where you were quite derisory actually. Ive no problem with posters disagreeing with my opinion but insulting my intelligence to reinforce the strength of your opinion over mine just isnt on.
I didn’t ever insult you or your intelligence.

Last edited:

SecondFig

Why? He's the polar opposite to the type of central attacker Guardiola likes to play with and Guardiola hates his agent

Other than the fact City have the money (as do a number of other sides) and the fact his dad used to play for them I don't see why so many feel he's nailed on to join them
Agreed - he doesn't seem like a Pep player to me. I'd think Chelsea and Real Madrid would be the main suitors.

stu_1992

So, are you suggesting that Donnarumma is better looking than De Gea? Who's the best looking goalie in the world? Bet he earns more than the others...from ads. Probably has a nice girlfriend or wife too. But she's probably not interested in football. Loves fashion, though. Once he retires and the money stops flowing in quite as much, that's when the arguments start. "Why does she look at the gardener that way? Why does she always complain about how long I spend playing COD?" "Why doesn't he show me more attention? I wish we lived in Paris. I wish I were David De Gea's wife living in Paris".
I'm not sure what this discussion has devolved to. :lol:

Zlatans Knee

Might want to rephrase that to most clubs Ole lets not forget about the ahem oil funded ones
The only positive is that their domination is only likely to last another 20 years or so until the World moves away from oil to electric vehicles

manuchamp88

"Inter, shadows loom over Lukaku (debt). United asks for Lautaro or Skriniar (to pay it off)."

This one has been doing the rounds this morning but a Repubblica journalist has already dismissed it, unfortunately:

"About Lukaku: Inter owed 1.9 million in bonuses to United at the end of last season. Post pandemic, the club have already renegotiated the payment date: July 21. Inter already paid that bonus in January 21. Relations between the clubs are good."

Last edited:

Jaxa

People complain that we get stuffed by clubs when trying to sign there players , re: Sancho and Dortmund's ridiculous demands , so this is a very smart move by Ole , what's he supposed to say ? Ahh we need a CB, RW, Striker this summer ? Clubs then know this and try and squeeze every penny out of "Rich United" for their players.

Zlatans Knee

People complain that we get stuffed by clubs when trying to sign there players , re: Sancho and Dortmund's ridiculous demands , so this is a very smart move by Ole , what's he supposed to say ? Ahh we need a CB, RW, Striker this summer ? Clubs then know this and try and squeeze every penny out of "Rich United" for their players.
"Very smart move"...it is almost as if other clubs would not be able to see behind this mastermind move in the transfer world :D He would be better off just saying nothing.

red_de_pologne

Clubs know very well what our financial status is, what are revenue is. We are "Rich United" just the owners prefer to pocket the money for themselves.

Jaxa

"Very smart move"...it is almost as if other clubs would not be able to see behind this mastermind move in the transfer world :D He would be better off just saying nothing.
He was asked a question, he can just never seem to win with fans such as yourself, you all want him to come out and scream to the world we want to buy all these players but forget, as much as we all hate the Glazers, United is a business and have to be smart and have some cards to play when it comes to negotiations, also again whether you hate the Glazers or not if you don't think this pandemic has seriously affected our club you genuinely don't understand how a business is run,

Thank feck you lot are not in charge of our negotiations, we'd be bankrupt within a few seasons :lol:

red_de_pologne

He was asked a question, he can just never seem to win with fans such as yourself, you all want him to come out and scream to the world we want to buy all these players but forget, as much as we all hate the Glazers, United is a business and have to be smart and have some cards to play when it comes to negotiations, also again whether you hate the Glazers or not if you don't think this pandemic has seriously affected our club you genuinely don't understand how a business is run,

Thank feck you lot are not in charge of our negotiations, we'd be bankrupt within a few seasons :lol:
Yes the board can never win with fans such as myself, and Ole's just repeating what he's been told to, because NO other club in Premier League is paying massive dividends to major shareholders/owners, whilst remaining in huge debt. There's literally nothing smart about it. It's mind boggling how some fans are falling for it and even start making excuses for the owners.

Zlatans Knee

Fans such as myself? The only thing I said is that he should say "no comment". I have not expressed an opinion one way or the other about who we should buy/sell or how we should go about it. Untwist your knickers.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yes the board can never win with fans such as myself, and Ole's just repeating what he's been told to, because NO other club in Premier League is paying massive dividends to major shareholders/owners, whilst remaining in huge debt. There's literally nothing smart about it. It's mind boggling how some fans are falling for it and even start making excuses for the owners.

Officially yeah, but we all know City are at the tippy top of that list.

James35

I'm guessing package is monetary, without reading the article. If it's about our progression into being a top club again and winning major honours, he should go somewhere else. I'd wager Haaland has retired before we win the league again.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm guessing package is monetary, without reading the article. If it's about our progression into being a top club again and winning major honours, he should go somewhere else. I'd wager Haaland has retired before we win the league again.
That’s the spirit.

Judas

Open to offers
If you've got that little hope or faith in us I'd just not bother investing any time in watching this club? Seriously how do people survive being this miserable.

Amarsdd

yeah, we should also give our best players to the "top clubs" for free cause I wouldn't want to waste their time here.

Scholsey2004

If you've got that little hope or faith in us I'd just not bother investing any time in watching this club? Seriously how do people survive being this miserable.
In fairness this is the reality for supporters of the majority of clubs who win little or nothing. They still manage to maintain a support base so a success based transactional relationship isnt a prerequisite to supporting a club.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Inspirational.

Judas

Open to offers
The Alaba situation is clear. "Please please please will someone pay his stupid wages, all the best clubs are willing to do it, so you better hurry! Honest!"

Status
Not open for further replies.