Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: SportBILD

Marcel Sabitzer:
[On moving to Spurs with Nagelsmann in the summer] I don’t know what Julian is up to. And I have to say: I have a contract until 2022, and not just until summer. It has become fashionable to ask the question on the future as soon as a player is in the last 18 months of their contract. But that doesn’t mean that everything has to be decided at that moment.

My closest circle knows what thoughts I have within me. But I don’t have any stress: I feel good in Leipzig and in the club, and we’re successful too. Yes, but RB is not an unspectacular club. There are realistic chances of winning a title here, and there are people at work who really want to win something.

That’s why Leipzig are already one of the great clubs. But RB doesn’t have to be the only great club in my life. I’m only 26. When a contract [is about to] expire and is to be extended, the question always arises: Will the two parties come together? But the salary is not my main focus right now. I’m well enough already, I don’t have to worry my head every day. I don’t play football to build a money store after my career, I play for success. I’ve always been a winner and I want to hold trophies.

James35

If you've got that little hope or faith in us I'd just not bother investing any time in watching this club? Seriously how do people survive being this miserable.
How is it miserable exactly, miserable because you don't like my post?

Thanks I will do what I want with my time, I will support this club for as long as I live and I'll survive just fine.

Just put me on ignore, it's as easy as that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bayern Munich president Herbert Hainer is interviewed by SPORT1:
  • Bayern cannot say for sure if they can pay big money for transfers
    • More focus on getting young players with high skill levels (Davies, Coman, Kimmich, Musiala)
  • Bayern want to extend Goretzka's contract
    • Several details still need to be sorted out
    • Salihamidzic currently working on this
  • Süle: Bayern will sit down for extension talks in spring (isn't it already spring?)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That they are being released. Surely you know it might be the club who decided not to offer one
The reports on Puigmal is that he is refusing an extension, unsure about the others. Regardless, we are quite good in our management of youth players so it is not something I would worry about.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The reports on Puigmal is that he is refusing an extension, unsure about the others. Regardless, we are quite good in our management of youth players so it is not something I would worry about.
Except its happened plenty of times before that they have not been told, likely the cause of the comment from the user you responded to

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I thought Puigmal was highly rated?
He was, but as good as he's been for the U23s and U18s before that, he still hasn't been able to break into the first team. He's 20 years old now, so he'd be looking for first-team football. If he doesn't feel that he's going to get it with us, I would understand if he wouldn't want to renew with us.

SAFMUTD

He was, but as good as he's been for the U23s and U18s before that, he still hasn't been able to break into the first team. He's 20 years old now, so he'd be looking for first-team football. If he doesn't feel that he's going to get it with us, I would understand if he wouldn't want to renew with us.
A shame, we could have loaned him. But we also have Garner and Galbraith from the same age group and Mejbri who's even younger.

So hopefully its a case about us having better quality than him quiting on us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A shame, we could have loaned him. But we also have Garner and Galbraith from the same age group and Mejbri who's even younger.

So hopefully its a case about us having better quality than him quiting on us.
With Puigmal, the reason he hasn't really stood out is that he hasn't exclusively played as a central midfielder. He's played on the right flank as a wide midfielder/wing back on several occasions due to his energy levels, off-the-ball intelligence, and skill on the ball. He hasn't necessarily displayed the passing range and vision of the three midfielders that you mentioned.

It sucks because I like him and think that he can grow into a good system player, but he's going to have a good career wherever he goes due as he's a smart player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Pochettino on Mbappé: "We are counting on him a lot. Prolonging is a decision that has to come from both sides, the club and the player. He is a very important player for the team and for the club. I hope that he will stay in Paris."

TrustInOle

Is there any other club that allow their players to constantly comment on transfers including their own player? I can remember Hazard and Ronaldo had similar situations, but I always thought of that as an exception due to the calibre of player.

pascell

Surely, in recent times he has shown he can play his part for our squad? Other than Bruno, he has been our best attacker the last month or so.
If we want to be challenging next season as Ole expects, we need a better calibre of player. One month of good form in a full season isn't good enough either, we need a player who's able to win a game for us when 'Plan A' hasn't worked out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Guaranteed departures:
  • David Alaba
  • Angelo Stiller (Hoffenheim)
  • Douglas Costa (no loan extension)
  • Javi Martínez (contract end)
  • Tiago Dantas (no purchase after loan)
Situations on other players whose contracts are close to expiring:
  • Jérôme Boateng (2021)
    • Talks to be held in this/next month
    • No guarantees from Bayern to extend the contract
    • Rummenigge: "It is customary for us to ask players over 30 for patience. Even when the contract expires. Jérôme knows about this. He has this patience."
  • Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (2021)
    • Talks have not started yet
    • The player accepts his backup role
    • Bayern are happy with his contributions
  • Leon Goretzka (2022)
    • Bayern want to keep him
    • The player wants to stay
      • Sees himself playing abroad in the long run
    • Salary may not increase as much the player may want
  • Niklas Süle (2022)
    • Chelsea interested
    • Can give Bayern funds needed to strengthen even further
    • Situation: 50/50 on staying at Bayern

TrustInOle

If we want to be challenging next season as Ole expects, we need a better calibre of player. One month of good form in a full season isn't good enough either, we need a player who's able to win a game for us when 'Plan A' hasn't worked out.
I agree, I just feel he has shown enough, especially recently, to prove he has ability enough to help us in certain situations. I also feel their are other areas of the team that need the investment more than our back up RW, like centre half, midfield, an actual starting Rw and possibly a striker if Martial doesn't find form quick. James can still have his uses in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.