Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
60m or feck them off.
86m and they'd of had a deal last summer, now that feels too high

In another 12 months he'll only have a further 12 months left on his contract, feels like unless they drop their valuation that'll be the year to try and get him

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

In another 12 months he'll only have a further 12 months left on his contract, feels like unless they drop their valuation that'll be the year to try and get him
Yep they can feck off. Sancho will leave on a much bigger discount the following summer if they can't guarantee a decent deal now. We won't be entertaining 86m :lol:

hubbuh

Maybe they're willing to risk waiting until next year when teams will have potentially financially recovered to ignite a bidding war of sorts? If the £86m price tag is remotely accurate then we're fecked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Yep they can feck off. Sancho will leave on a much bigger discount the following summer if they can't guarantee a decent deal now. We won't be entertaining 86m :lol:
Surely that would be their whole point of selling him for £86m now. Why should they sell him cheaper this year because he will be cheaper next year?! Next year is next year. If you want him cheap, buy him next year!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely that would be their whole point of selling him for £86m now. Why should they sell him cheaper this year because he will be cheaper next year?! Next year is next year. If you want him cheap, buy him next year!
because they need to the money now and haven't been shy telling the world they need the money now

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Now this is a tweet that interests me. There have been so much talk about Roy Keane err.... sorry Declan Rice, not wanting to leave London.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Maybe they're willing to risk waiting until next year when teams will have potentially financially recovered to ignite a bidding war of sorts? If the £86m price tag is remotely accurate then we're fecked.
Thing is they cant risk it, they will lose UCL football and combined with covid theyre facing a loss of around 80M. If they don’t sell Haaland they’ll have to sell Sancho. Or sell around 3 other players to get that amount which seems unlikely.

The only thing that worries me is that I dont think Haaland will be ok staying at Dortmund without UCL, so that will push his sale which will give them leverage to keep Sancho.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Simon Stone interviews Hans-Joachim Watzke:

Key Quotes:
When Covid-19 struck, we had no debt. Not one euro. Because of that, it is a comfortable situation. We do not have to sell a player. That is important.

The rich clubs in the world, they must know when they want a player from Borussia Dortmund there are two possibilities. The first is that I tell them they have no chance. Other times, I will tell them 'this is the price'. Then they must know this is the price. It is not another price. We are very clear. We are very honest.

[On rumours that surrounded Sancho and now surround Haaland]
I do get tired of it. Last summer, everybody in England, everybody in Europe, every journalist told the public 'Jadon Sancho will play for Manchester United or wherever'. But he is still playing for Borussia Dortmund. Now everybody writes 'Erling Haaland will next season play for Real Madrid or for Barcelona, or for this or this'. The only way is to look after 1 September at where he is playing. I think I know where he will be playing but that is all I have to say.

[On Raiola]
Mino is a special guy. He wants to make the best deal for his player. That is his work. I know Mino very well. Mino knows me very well. We have no problems. Everybody knows what the other wants to do.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sport Witness completely dismiss United's links to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and slam Gazzetta dello Sport, Calciomercato, and Antonio Cassano for reviving this and keeping it alive.

Jaxa

Before anyone shits the bed Ole said the same thing about Sanchez, it puts United in a stronger bargaining position if they don't publicly say they want rid of a player, everyone in the club knows Lingard isn't a starter for us and we will be open to selling him, but it's better to have on record we value Jesse rather than say "yeah he's useless for us now, how much will you offer" .

We'd bite West Hams hand off if they offer 25 million for him with being 29 this year and also having a year left on his contract.

Jericholyte2

Before anyone shits the bed Ole said the same thing about Sanchez, it puts United in a stronger bargaining position if they don't publicly say they want rid of a player, everyone in the club knows Lingard isn't a starter for us and we will be open to selling him, but it's better to have on record we value Jesse rather than say "yeah he's useless for us now, how much will you offer" .

We'd bite West Hams hand off if they offer 25 million for him with being 29 this year and also having a year left on his contract.
He also said the same about Smalling, that he had a great future and they're happy to have him back...

Infra-red

Yes, agreed. Lingard's value has gone up and we have pressing needs elsewhere that could be partially funded by his sale. Talking up his return is a sensible strategy for securing a decent transfer fee for him this summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Granada player Yangel Herrera's uncertain about which team he'll play for next season.

Source: Ideal

I focus on the day to day. It’s what has led me to where I am and that teams like that take me into account. Now I don’t think about whether I’m going there or not. I try to do well in Granada and in the future we will see if I can be there.

jesperjaap

That’s only because we don’t have a good one. If we get a good DM, then we may start playing this system. Whether it should be Rice is another question
Matic quickly forgotten then. Had a piss poor period, but did well in his first year or so here.....as a defensive midfielder and still a godo squad member I feel even if he is ageing for another season. Personally think Rice would be a very good signing....but we are talking 70m and with priorities for a striker and centre back as well as a right winger probably, that would be a huge chunk whatever our budget is. Right player at the wrong time possibly I feel unless we have some surprise gems up our sleeves on the transfer list.....doubtful

Alemar

Matic quickly forgotten then. Had a piss poor period, but did well in his first year or so here.....as a defensive midfielder and still a godo squad member I feel even if he is ageing for another season. Personally think Rice would be a very good signing....but we are talking 70m and with priorities for a striker and centre back as well as a right winger probably, that would be a huge chunk whatever our budget is. Right player at the wrong time possibly I feel unless we have some surprise gems up our sleeves on the transfer list.....doubtful
Midfield is more important, because we get overrun in the middle often, and as a result our talented attackers have not enough service.

Matic is not our level now - maybe a good lad, but not an EPL champions calibre player (whereas that’s what need to aim for)

Status
Not open for further replies.