Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Roma don't have that kind of money – anyone who says Dzeko is on €300k a week doesn't know Serie A finances.

I think the ~100k figure that's been quoted above is from reports in Italian print media around the time there were talks of players taking pay cuts to ease the club through the pandemic.
There is also the confusion that applies in Italy as to whether that 96k is gross or net. Although I believe the tax rate is far more favourable over there than has previously been the case.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can only imagine hes not on Juve level wages but hes not on less than 100K. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong as I cant find anything like that
Based off of what I was aware of and found, Juventus were willing to pay him 7.5 million Euros per year on a 2-year contract last summer. Multiple sources, including Gazzetta dello Sport and Sportitalia, stated that he was on those wages when reporting on a potential swap with Alexis Sanchez. On that note, I guess he might be earning up to 145k Euros per week.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

• Florenzi's currently on loan with an option to be purchased for 8 million Euros.
  • The Serge Aurier link is originally from Le Parisien.
  • Both AC Milan and Atlético de Madrid are also in the hunt for Aurier
    • Atlético's possibility depends on Trippier leaving.
EDIT: This Tweet reveals his price - 10 million Euros.
AC Milan wants a backup for 10m Euros. Now that’s what I’m talking about. Not 15m-20m for backup. @mazhar13

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yup. Only been one day and already linking Matic, Mata and DDG to Roma. Lazy journalism.
But let’s be honest, one of their guess will end up reality because Matic is Mourinho‘s favourite. Serie A is just perfect for the old player who still wants to play in top level and play regularly. He’s very likely going to be in Jose’s list of signings this summer. :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
AC Milan wants a backup for 10m Euros. Now that’s what I’m talking about. Not 15m-20m for backup. @mazhar13
There you go. Another player's available in the market, and supposedly for a good fee on top of that. I will say, though, that I'm surprised at Aurier being available for that price given that he's still a pretty good attacking full back. If Atletico and PSG get more involved, we'll see if that ups his price, particularly since Levy's the kind to take advantage of that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But let’s be honest, one of their guess will end up reality because Matic is Mourinho‘s favourite. Serie A is just perfect for the old player who still wants to play in top level and play regularly. He’s very likely going to be in Jose’s list of signings this summer. :lol:
He'd be a good fit for Roma, too. They're in dire need of a midfielder who can defend well. Both Cristante and Diawara have struggled in that department this season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Seems utterly bizarre that Palace and Tigres are the only team willing to make him an offer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A while back, there was a story about Harvey Neville joining Leicester City. However, that does not appear to be the case, now.

Steve Brenner reported the info from the 2nd Tweet in an article for The Sun.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

There are no words from the agent, but Brazilian journalist Jorge Nicola mentioned in this video that he talked to him beforehand and was told that talks are underway.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A while back, there was a story about Harvey Neville joining Leicester City. However, that does not appear to be the case, now.

Steve Brenner reported the info from the 2nd Tweet in an article for The Sun.
Think Iestyn Hughes is joining Leicester, dunno if that might have been the story.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Seems utterly bizarre that Palace and Tigres are the only team willing to make him an offer.
César Luis Merlo, who is fairly reliable in Mexico, also reported the same thing about Tigres being close to signing him.

Honestly, this'll be an amazing signing for Tigres. As much as Thauvin struggled at Newcastle, he has matured into a very good footballer in his second spell with Marseille. I was expecting more European clubs to chase him, but maybe Thauvin himself isn't so interested in moving elsewhere within Europe.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Agreement in principle has been reached between AC Milan and [Mike] Maignan. 5 year contract. Agreement conditional upon departure from Donnarumma. Between Lille and Milan, discussions are advanced on a deal around 15 million Euros going up to 16.5 million Euros with bonuses [included].

As a reminder, to explain the amount Mike Maignan has only one year of [his] contract [remaining].

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
César Luis Merlo, who is fairly reliable in Mexico, also reported the same thing about Tigres being close to signing him.

Honestly, this'll be an amazing signing for Tigres. As much as Thauvin struggled at Newcastle, he has matured into a very good footballer in his second spell with Marseille. I was expecting more European clubs to chase him, but maybe Thauvin himself isn't so interested in moving elsewhere within Europe.
Didn’t Gignac go from Marseille to Tigres too?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Yeah, he certainly a very good signing on a free, I'm extremely surprised no one would fancy taking a chance on him. Seems like he doesn't have a great deal of options or a crap agent.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, he certainly a very good signing on a free, I'm extremely surprised no one would fancy taking a chance on him. Seems like he doesn't have a great deal of options or a crap agent.
Didn’t Gignac go from Marseille to Tigres too?
That's right, he did, and I think the circumstances might be similar here with Thauvin. Maybe he's getting an offer that's too good to refuse, and there's also a chance for him to reunite with André-Pierre Gignac.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Oh absolutely! It's not a bad shout to link all 3! Any of them could happen.

mav_9me

He'd be a good fit for Roma, too. They're in dire need of a midfielder who can defend well. Both Cristante and Diawara have struggled in that department this season.
Agreed. He would be perfect for them. And he would do well with the pace there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Jorginho's agent João Santos is back at it.

Source: Radio Kiss Kiss (via Virgilio)

He is very well in Chelsea and at the moment he is only thinking about winning the Champions League, but in two years ,he would like to return to play in Italy. There had been negotiations in the past and then nothing more was done.
Jorginho's contract expires in 2023.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So it's been two days since Mourinho was announced as Roma's next head coach, and the Italian media have gone crazy with linking players to him (in various forms and platforms). The players:
  • Nemanja Matic
  • Juan Mata
  • David de Gea
  • Eric Dier
  • Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
  • Rui Patricio
  • Nelson Semedo
  • Nathan Aké
  • Anwar el Ghazi
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Lucas Moura
  • Harry Kane
This is pretty much a full XI of players! :lol:

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Atletico, Juventus and Arsenal explored the possibility of signing Jorginho last summer but in the end nothing happened. Now the player is very happy in London and his priority is to renew with Chelsea. He has a contract until 2023.
Looks like this conflicts with what his agent is telling the Italian media. Then again, he has always been consistent with talking about Jorginho's apparent desire to return to Italy.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So it's been two days since Mourinho was announced as Roma's next head coach, and the Italian media have gone crazy with linking players to him (in various forms and platforms). The players:
  • Nemanja Matic
  • Juan Mata
  • David de Gea
  • Eric Dier
  • Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
  • Rui Patricio
  • Nelson Semedo
  • Nathan Aké
  • Anwar el Ghazi
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Lucas Moura
  • Harry Kane