Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
From the stats that have been thrown in the player's thread it doesn't seem he's anything more that a workhorse. He has a lower pass completion than McTominay and Fred and basically inferior in all aspects defensive and offensive besides pressing.

I mean Torreira is ahead of him in the national team and we all saw how poor he was at arsenal.

I disagree with the Leicester statement, those teams can afford to take punts and end up with average players, we can not. So if we have to pay prime fees to get the tested players then so be it. Taking this punts results in having deadwood more often than unearthed gems.

Also I don't trust our scouting system at all, we bought Darmian, Blind, Depay, Dalot, VVD, Rojo, Fred, Bailly, etc I mean we don't have the sharpest scouting team to say the least. This signing would scream average.
If only:D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Tuttosport

I would like to stay in France, where I feel great on and off the pitch, or try a new experience abroad. Maybe in the Premier League which has always fascinated me and where I have a soft spot for Chelsea. Now, however, I only have Lyon and finishing the league in mind.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso on Dusan Vlahovic's future:
There were those who said he should leave to gain experience. I saw him in New York and Chicago and he made a great impression on me. Our desire is to keep him, make him happy and have him stay happily. There have been no meetings recently, because first we wanted to finish season. Then we'll find a solution, our intention is to keep him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: DH

Vincent Kompany on Nmecha's transfer situation:
We will see after the playoffs. I don’t want to discuss this now and add pressure on him. The matter is no longer in my hands because we are talking about transfer compensation and the management deal with that.

Everyone here is a fan of him. We made him better this season and he made us better. Don’t expect a gift from Manchester City. The people at that club are smart.

Mark Pawelek

I agree that there are exceptions, but they are very rare.

Also most of those names came from lower leagues that are not as scouted as top leagues, and they were fairly young. Liverpool signed Robertson when he was 23, Kante was 24. Also the key thing here is they were cheap punts.

I mean for Arambarri to be a hidden gem he is hidden at plain sight. Playing in a mid table team at a top league, he's almost 26, not in his national team and not one of the top teams of the leagues are interested. I mean sure there's a chance somehow he has slipped under the radar, but damn that's a slim slim chance that I don't think it's worth 35M.
Worth closer to £20m (if that!); but it doesn't matter 'cos Arambarri is not good enough for United.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We seem to be fingering a lot of pies.....if every fecker is to be believe that is.
As expected from the media, especially after we conceded 6 goals in two matches. From what I've gathered, and currently off the top of my head, the players who we're actively monitoring and inquiring about include but are not limited to Pau Torres and Raphael Varane. After those two, we have Jules Koundé, Nikola Milenkovic, and Ibrahima Konaté who we've been monitoring but not necessarily making moves for (again, not limited to). I'll make a special mention of Declan Rice as a left-field CB option before he got linked as a DM option as part of a potential Lingard deal. Anyone else would either be someone who we've monitored in the past or another name thrown by the media.

Of course, I may have missed out on a few names, but that's what I remember off the top of my head.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Isn't her very similar to Maguire?
I wouldn't say so. Botman's way quicker than Maguire is, and that extra quickness sees him defend way more aggressively. He pushes up way higher to engage with attacking players and try to win the ball quickly. That often leaves him out of position, but he does have enough pace to recover if needed. Still, he gets sucked in way too easily quite often and tends to be easily bypassed, and that's where José Fonte comes into play (I'd say that Fonte carries the Lille back line). Aerially, Botman's not bad, but more often than not, he lacks awareness of what's around him and can go out of position. Overall, he mainly relies on his speed, quickness, and tackling in order to win the ball quickly.

On the ball, he's really good. His passing and dribbling is at a relatively high level, and alongside Koundé, he's one of the most promising ball-playing centre backs to come up.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
He’s a superhero whose superpower is bumming.
no amount of money would be too much. at least with woodward out of the picture we seem to be targeting players with the right kind of profile.

Martialfc

I don't think you'll get promoted soon.
I speak sense. Haaland is an unbelievable footballer and would take us to the next level. Rashford on the other hand is a overhyped mediocre player he will never be the striker you want him to be. Haaland has scored 100 goals in 146 games. He is the type of player we need and I would swap him for Rashford in a heart beat.

boxykronikle

I speak sense. Haaland is an unbelievable footballer and would take us to the next level. Rashford on the other hand is a overhyped mediocre player he will never be the striker you want him to be. Haaland has scored 100 goals in 146 games. He is the type of player we need and I would swap him for Rashford in a heart beat.
I would swap Martial with Haaland rather than Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.