Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

I don’t think you need an investigation to come to the conclusion that paying €80m for Pepe is overpaying.
:lol: :lol: Was going to say the same.

That said, how the hell was what Maiola did worth £40m in the Pogba transfer? Has that sum been verified? Because it’s bonkers.

Pep's Suit

Even in that market before Pepe shouldn't cost more than €50m but Lille know how to sell well (Osimhen :lol: ) and Arsenal is a joke. Also Willian on up to 220K p/w until he's 35 is freaking ridiculous.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No surprise here, investigation probably relates to agents working on the deal ?

Key point is how many big transfers €70m+ have actually been really successful in the last few years, most have been total failures (Barcelona!) or the clubs haven't achieved what they wanted to spending the money yet, see PSG and Juventus.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No surprise here, investigation probably relates to agents working on the deal ?

Key point is how many big transfers €70m+ have actually been really successful in the last few years, most have been total failures (Barcelona!) or the clubs haven't achieved what they wanted to spending the money yet, see PSG and Juventus.
only €80m+

Neymar (PSG)
Coutinho
Dembele
Mbappe
Felix
Griezmann
Ronaldo (Juve)
Hazard
Pogba
Bale
Ronaldo (Real)
Higuain
Neymar (Barca)
Maguire
de Ligt
Lukaku
van Dijk
Suarez
Pepe
Hernandez
Kepa

I would probably call 6 of those a success and class de Ligt as „too early to tell“.

Sigma

Who is reporting the 100-120k?
The last I remember was an Brazil ESPN source. But previous to that there were others saying it would be around that figure too. More likely given apparently his wage at Chelsea was around 120 K. He'd be given a signing on fee but I doubt that would bring his de-facto weakly wage up by 100 K.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We talk as if we need to get rid of 10 players. The worry is we do neither. If we cannot get rid of Lingard, Perreira, Dalot, Rojo, Jones what do we do? not sign anyone? We also have to remember since Ole has come in, we have got rid of Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Young, Sanchez and Darmian and signed 4 players in Maguire, Bruno, James, AWB.

Most of the signings have come straight into the first 11, we need a RW that will come into the first 11 before we do any more business.

I want us to get our first team rectified, then look at squad changes. I know the Sancho deal is not an easy one but at the moment we are looking a mess in that deal wont you agree?

Ole must have been told, get top 4. He got top 4 so he should be going to the board saying, I need a bit more and we know he isnt one to throw his toys out if he doesnt get what he wants, which worries me slightly that the board might say lets ride it out this summer.

I just dont have any faith in our board, that worries me the most.
Sure we only signed 4 players but we also had Williams & Greenwood come in. Axel was supposed to count too but obviously injured. Ighalo on loan, kinda doesn’t count but he technically is another player being available. The point is the aggregate incomings/outgoings have been quite balanced but only due to our academy helping. We didn’t ‘sign’ more players because of the deadwood (Players you mentioned and a few more) we haven’t been able to move out. Some of these players were given sort of a last chance and we kinda couldn’t have moved them on along with all the other outgoings by now. Hence, I think to answer your question (in bold), it’s not like we won’t sign anyone. But there will be some sort of a rule to offset each incoming with at least 1/2 outgoings first and hence all this news of us only working on one transfer at a time. It’s not like we can’t sign any other players apart from Sancho, we’re first trying to sell others before we buy.

It’s also a risk to first solidify first team before fixing the squad. I think both efforts work in tandem whereby signings will be made if and when we make space for one, and when is the timing right.

As untrustworthy as our board may be, us having qualified for CL will go a long way this summer. Likewise, getting Sanchez off our books will as well. I’m confident we’ll have 2/3 players coming in but with some outgoings first. If anything, I’d suggest you to have more faith in the board as compared to previously :) We still have a good 2 months to go and I’m actually impressed we were able to get Sanchez done already.

Sancho movement also got initiated very promptly in my opinion. Sure it’s a mess right now but let’s say we truly are interested in signing him and do end up paying the full amount in terms acceptable to Dortmund, we will surely take our time to test their resolve completely before caving in to their demands. So in hindsight, I actually don’t think it’s a mess. Dortmund has already paid all their cards so now the ball is in our court and we can take our time. Even practically speaking, spending 120m in current situation would have to be the last straw. We need to show that there was literally no other option but to pay and for that we have to exhaust all our efforts first. The window having just opened means we can’t be seen caving into their demands so soon.

Hence I’m actually content with how our transfer ops are going atm. But me and you can touch base again in a months time and see which one of us was more accurate in our predictions:wenger:

pacifictheme

only €80m+

Neymar (PSG)
Coutinho
Dembele
Mbappe
Felix
Griezmann
Ronaldo (Juve)
Hazard
Pogba
Bale
Ronaldo (Real)
Higuain
Neymar (Barca)
Maguire
de Ligt
Lukaku
van Dijk
Suarez
Pepe
Hernandez
Kepa

I would probably call 6 of those a success and class de Ligt as „too early to tell“.

Neymar to barca
Mbappe
Suarez
Vvd
Ronaldo to real
Ronaldo to juve
Bale (just because things have gone sour now and reals fans are twats he's more than paid back the investment with his contributions to 4 champions league wins).
I think time will show Neymar to psg as a success as well tbh, if they win the champions league this season then its sealed.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Neymar to barca
Mbappe
Suarez
Vvd
Ronaldo to real
Ronaldo to juve
Bale (just because things have gone sour now and reals fans are twats he's more than paid back the investment with his contributions to 4 champions league wins).
I think time will show Neymar to psg as a success as well tbh, if they win the champions league this season then its sealed.
PSG need to win the Champions league or no way can Mbappe or Neymar be considered a success, don't need two €200m odd forwards to win Ligue 1 and the Coupe de France every year :lol:, same goes for Ronaldo to Juve, don't need to spend €100m on Ronaldo to wrap up the Serie A title, they already won it 8 years in a row without him.

BlueHaze

Pathetic these Arsenal and Chelsea fans speak about "rivalry" when their players swapping clubs left and right.

saivet

The Daily Mail are the only ones reporting that. Everyone else has been saying he's getting £100-120 k a week.
In the article they're saying that his basic wage is lower than at Chelsea and the 220k takes into account his signing on fee along with additional loyalty fees and bonuses.

Red00012

Remember this place creaming themselves when Pereira scored a pre-season free-kick against Liverpool after coming back from Valencia. How quickly times change. Him and Lingard have to be the first out (after Jones obviously).
Played well v Leicester on the opening day of the season too not so long back.

Sigma

In the article they're saying that his basic wage is lower than at Chelsea and the 220k takes into account his signing on fee along with additional loyalty fees and bonuses.
Yeah I know but it's still a clickbait title. Accounting for bonuses (which may or may not be met) and lumping in the signing on fee into the weekly wages is a bit disingenuous.

pacifictheme

PSG need to win the Champions league or no way can Mbappe or Neymar be considered a success, don't need two €200m odd forwards to win Ligue 1 and the Coupe de France every year :lol:, same goes for Ronaldo to Juve, don't need to spend €100m on Ronaldo to wrap up the Serie A title, they already won it 8 years in a row without him.
I'm not sure it's ronaldo fault that juve have let the rest of the squad rot. Without him they wouldn't have won serie a this season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Remember this place creaming themselves when Pereira scored a pre-season free-kick against Liverpool after coming back from Valencia. How quickly times change. Him and Lingard have to be the first out (after Jones obviously).
No.

RyRoc

The Willian 225k a week nonsense is the same stuff journos do with United wages. That Daily Mail article states that he will earn less than his 120k a week at Chelsea but after a signing on fee (which all players get when they sign on a free ) plus potential bonuses (which would include them making the champions league and therefore will justify it) increases the amount of earnings he can make. Daily Mail will have seen the uproar over the Arsenal redundancies and decided to sex this article up.

Baxter

#Watzke : "There is now no more money for transfer fees. If you get 4 million in every game without a spectator. € loses, then you don't have to be a prophet to work out in which direction this is going. There are definitely no big jumps left. " #BVB

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Daily Mail is a horrible source, but if he's getting anything close to this salary, it's an absolute robbery.
They have included sign on fee and bonuses

macheda14

#Watzke : "There is now no more money for transfer fees. If you get 4 million in every game without a spectator. € loses, then you don't have to be a prophet to work out in which direction this is going. There are definitely no big jumps left. " #BVB
You would say that bodes well for us BUT if they lose sancho they lose their best player. So maybe they can bring in a replacement and someone else to fill another position, but their team decreases in quality.

littlepeasoup

You would say that bodes well for us BUT if they lose sancho they lose their best player. So maybe they can bring in a replacement and someone else to fill another position, but their team decreases in quality.
That's 100% their model though. Use the money to reinvest in youth brought in from other clubs/countries, nurture that talent and then sell on for a shedload more than they originally paid for them. Rinse and repeat. The same will happen with Haaland in a season or two, and if he thrives Bellingham also.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
The Willian 225k a week nonsense is the same stuff journos do with United wages. That Daily Mail article states that he will earn less than his 120k a week at Chelsea but after a signing on fee (which all players get when they sign on a free ) plus potential bonuses (which would include them making the champions league and therefore will justify it) increases the amount of earnings he can make. Daily Mail will have seen the uproar over the Arsenal redundancies and decided to sex this article up.
You don't need to offer a significant signing on fee in this case in the same way most free agents demand them, not when you are literally the only club willing to offer a 32 year old the three year contract he is demanding in a period of financial hesitance for 99% of clubs.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

This could all be bollocks but is fairly logical bollocks.

TLDR - Napoli and Lille have gentlemen's agreement over Gabriel transfer due to the Osimhen deal. Napoli need funds for Gabriel (I.e sell Koulibaly or Allan). We want Allan but don't want to pay as much + gives Napoli money to buy Gabriel when we want both so trying to haggle on Allan deal so even if we miss out on Gabriel we haven't been fleeced and can still work out other CB targets.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pereira is a really poor player with no stand-out attributes so expect a £20m bid from us next week.
:lol:
To be fair to him in the ten minute cameo against LASK last week he looked really good on the left wing.

I think he would be a good signing for you, so you will probably sign Lingard instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.