Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

This needs the Michael Jackson popcorn gif.
Have they finished that Spurs documentary or they still filming through the summer? It definitely needs to have this transfer window in it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
One of the weirdest links I’ve seen in a while. Why the feck would Joachim Andersen go from Lyon to Torino? Very highly-rated young talent that just recently joined a top 3 side in France, about to go to a side that just about survived relegation in Italy? Torino are kidding themselves if they really are targeting him.
I think they're just keeping tabs on him in case he does desire a move back to Italy, though I doubt that Torino would be one of his main choices. Same with Schick.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Howedes retires, surprisingly. I was thinking that he'd return to Schalke for a couple more years and offer them some much-needed leadership.

Riz

Howedes retires, surprisingly. I was thinking that he'd return to Schalke for a couple more years and offer them some much-needed leadership.
I would have thought Lahm was captain of Bayern for longer than 6 years.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

6 years as captain is the league record? That can't be right, surely. Terry was Chelsea captain for 13 consecutive seasons and I bet that's nowhere near the league record.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Most surprising thing here is that no player has captained a German side for longer than six years!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Yilmaz is going to be the first forward signed for Lille as part of moving on from Osimhen. I wonder if they'll still pursue David after this.

Translation:
Burak Yilmaz arrives at Lille this evening. He will undergo his medical tomorrow morning before signing for 2 years. He arrives [for] free (i.e. signs as a free agent).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In his interview with L'Equipe, Giroud reveals that he wants to stay and fight for his spot at Chelsea.

Key quote:
I still have a year on my contract, then if there are the conditions I will stay, otherwise I'll look for another experience. I believe I can play for another two seasons, I don't put limits on myself.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

AC Milan decided to stick with Pioli instead of bringing him in, so I wonder what Rangnick's options will be. I also wonder what this means for the Red Bull clubs and how they'll be set up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Watford are taking a tough stance on Luis Suarez (Colombian, 22 years old) loaned out to Real Zaragoza by not lengthening the current loan. Zaragoza will now be without their top scorer in the playoffs. The president is, obviously, not happy about the situation.

The original Tweet is in the article.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I would have thought Lahm was captain of Bayern for longer than 6 years.
Nope, 6 years it was. He took over from van Bommel in 2011 and retired in 2017. Probably just a few days between them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Duncan Castles recently had an article published on The Sunday Times where he mentioned that BVB were looking at Jonathan Ikone as Sancho's replacement. Bild ran with that story and also added Jeremie Boga into the list of potential Sancho replacements that BVB are apparently monitoring. In response to all of this, Ruhr Nachrichten investigated the rumours in order to get closer to the truth.

Tweet with the link to their article:

Translation:
Strong player, proud price: Jonathan #Ikone (22) is traded (i.e. mentioned) as a possible replacement for Jadon #Sancho at the #BVB. What speaks for it - and what against it. Our rumour check
Unfortunately, the article is behind a paywall, but here's a Tweet that reveals something important from the article about Ikone's links with Dortmund:

Basically, Ikone hasn't even been contacted by Dortmund at this time. I doubt that they've even started negotiating with Boga, too.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Brilliant signing for Napoli and Serie A.
Another good reminder for people not to write off players oh so early. He was considered a total flop at Wolfsburg, and subsequently sold to Lille for 3m €...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Alfredo Pedulla reports that Lazio have agreed on a price with Real Madrid to purchase Borja Mayoral.

Summary:
Lazio & Real Madrid have agreed on a price of 15 million Euros for Borja Mayoral. There is also a "private agreement" (I'm guessing gentleman's agreement?) that Real Madrid can match any offer made by any other club for Mayoral in case he will be sold. [I don't know what " Ingaggio da 2,5-2,7 più bonus a stagione" refers to; maybe that's a bonus that Lazio will pay to Real Madrid per season or something about Borja Mayoral's salary?]

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Simon Rolfes (side note: I feel old now) confirms (via an interview with Bild on Thursday) that the club have received no offers for Havertz and that he will not leave the club for as long as they're in the Europa League.

Translated quotes:
We know about the interest of [other] clubs, but so far we have no official offer.
Speculation has not only existed for three weeks but for a year and a half. Kai is relaxed about it; he is in a good mood and focused.
We always said that we would end the season with the squad - this includes Kai and all other players.
Looks like Chelsea are going to wait until Leverkusen's season ends before submitting any offers for Havertz.

Rolfes also denied rumours originating from the Netherlands (via Voetbal International) that Leverkusen submitted an offer for Andre Onana.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Amidst all of the rumours linking Getafe's Cucurella to Chelsea, the club president Angel Torres shuts them down.

Translations:
Bordelas [Getafe head coach] will continue at Getafe next season. He is preparing with me the 3-4 transfers that we are going to make.
If we do not get [the] players [into the club], we will sign very little (i.e. barely any inclusions). [Regarding] Brahim, I don't know. The boy does not want to leave Madrid.

The Cucurella thing (i.e. transfer rumours) is a lie. There is no offer, neither from Chelsea nor anyone else. The boy does not want to leave, and Getafe do not want to sell.
The idea is not to sell any of the important players. Molina will not go to China, [and] Machin has fallen [What does this mean? Is this about Pablo Machin?].

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We know that Napoli have signed Victor Osimhen, but a couple of things are still up in the air: the transfer fee, and if any players are going the other way (i.e. from Napoli to Lille). Gianluca di Marzio provides more info:

Key points:
  • Transfer fee: 70 million Euros gross
    • Lille will pay 5% of the fee to Victor's previous clubs, so Lille get 66.5 million Euros net.
    • Additional 10 million Euros in bonuses
    • Fee + bonuses payable in 5 years
  • Osimhen will earn around 4 million Euros net per season
    • Will increase to 4.5 million Euros net over 2 years
  • Remember Fabrizio Romano mentioning that Napoli were going to pay 50 million Euros + bonuses instead of 70+10? Here's how:
    • Napoli will be sending 4 players to Lille as a separate deal (but related to Osimhen's transfer):
      • Orestis Karnezis (Goalkeeper)
      • Claudio Manzi (central defender)
      • Ciro Palmeri (forward) (note: Chelsea were also interested in him)
      • Luigi Liguori (forward)
    • Lille will pay 20 million Euros net for the 4 players.
      • Lille will pay the solidarity payments to the players' previous clubs in Napoli's place.
    • 70 - 20 = 50 million Euros gross (or 45 million net to Lille) as confirmed by Fabrizio Romano.
EDIT: Bouhafsi also states something similar

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

A tale of unrelinquished talent. He was just as talented as Boateng and Hummels, with whom he shared the pitch for the 2009 U21 Euro championships (was actually preferred to Hummels, who played DM in the final).

Didn't move out of Schalke when given the opportunity, like Boateng, Neuer, Ozil and Khedira did with their BL clubs, and stagnated within that poorly run club (injuries didn't help as well). Still glad he played a major role in the 2014 WC win, playing completely out of position at LB no less. Could've been world class but ended being a level below.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is today in the cover of AS, because Zidane likes him, but they say that the price could be 35/40.
Apparently Wolves already made a 34 m€ offer last year and was rejected

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A tale of unrelinquished talent. He was just as talented as Boateng and Hummels, with whom he shared the pitch for the 2009 U21 Euro championships (was actually preferred to Hummels, who played DM in the final).

Didn't move out of Schalke when given the opportunity, like Boateng, Neuer, Ozil and Khedira did with their BL clubs, and stagnated within that poorly run club (injuries didn't help as well). Still glad he played a major role in the 2014 WC win, playing completely out of position at LB no less. Could've been world class but ended being a level below.
Howedes' loyalty may have played a part in his stagnation, but weren't injuries also a problem for him? If I remember correctly, he was injured for more than a year and struggled to get going after that.

sparx99

He would be a very Ole-esque target. Ole has to be the most blatant ageist among today's managers - an inverted Mourinho, if you will.
How so? Maguire and Bruno aren’t kids. AWB and James are younger but not teenagers either,

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Napoli president Aurelio di Laurentiis talks about Milik & Koulibaly's transfer situations:

On Milik:
Milik? He is on the market as always. He has not responded for as long as we've offered a contract extension. So this action will lead to his departure. Whoever has the best offer will take him, there will not be discounts handed out to anyone. Otherwise he risks staying at Napoli and probably remaining out of the coach's selections.
That may explain his loss of form.

On Koulibaly:
Kalidou is a great person; I would be terribly sad to lose him. But there is a time for everything, even to move apart. But the €90m is not on the table and so it takes two to make a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.