Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

Well that wont happen if hes playing for Leeds
So he wont even be regular for newly promoted side it's strange though if you go by some of the posts in this thread we should have no problem selling him but only suitor he seem to have is Stingy Italian club who are refusing to buy him even for €15 m. I hope Arsenal come for him again and we can atleast get some decent fee for him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So he wont even be regular for newly promoted side it's strange though if you go by some of the posts in this thread we should have no problem selling him but only suitor he seem to have is Stingy Italian club who are refusing to buy him even for €15 m. I hope Arsenal come for him again and we can atleast get some decent fee for him.
We dont know who the suitors are for one. Because he is still on loan at Roma until next week. Same with Sanchez and Inter

Also who said he wouldnt start for Leeds? I was saying playing for Leeds wont get him into England

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Makes sense for Garner & Levitt. Not sure about Kovar, feel for a GK he's a little young to be getting first team minutes for anyone. I'd want to keep Laird around though as number 2 to AWB

Utdstar01

Makes sense for Garner & Levitt. Not sure about Kovar, feel for a GK he's a little young to be getting first team minutes for anyone. I'd want to keep Laird around though as number 2 to AWB
Kovar is 20. Not too young an age at all, even if its some lower league experience. Laird won't be going anywhere.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why not? Mings got into NT playing for, was it Bournemouth or Villa?
Because Southgate already has it in for him. He’ll need to be playing at a higher level like Roma to force his way back in

Fracture90

Because Southgate already has it in for him. He’ll need to be playing at a higher level like Roma to force his way back in
Who knows, maybe he got it in for Smalling as well. He already played under Southgate for NT. Can't quite recall was he a regular starter for us back then.

prateik

They are offering 3+12m
We want 3+15m

Difference of 3m euros.

Far apart in valuations.. Italian clubs are hilarious.
Doesn't matter.. We can get 15m for Smalling from anywhere.. there is no need to accept a low bid by 3rd aug.. if they cant afford it.. tough.

led_scholes

Gotta love Italian clubs. Their dedication to cheapness is admirable. This is for the player who's supposedly been one of their best players this season.

And then you have madness like Napoli spending 60 million on a striker with one decent season in Ligue 1.
I may be wrong but Napoli seems to be the only non freeloading italian club the last few years.

GJNJ

I can't imagine he would be getting the same money at Lille to go on loan then he would have here. All very strange.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
That would be odd. Why leave for a lesser team so you could be loaned out to an even lesser club afterwards?

jesperjaap

Last part is pushing it. There’s a reason we had one the best defences in the league and Lindelof played a role in that.

Smalling deserves to play and I think this’ll end up being another example of United letting a player go for seemingly peanuts to facilitate that.
Well we have improved this season defensively yes. The defending in the premiership this season overall has been atrocious though so its not really a stat that has great meaning to me.

I am not a fan of either defender but personal opinion, purely in terms of defending I think Smalling is a much better defender than Lindelof, its the rest of his game I dont like. For me Lindelof does nothing exceptional, all his strengths are average to me and he also has some really big weaknesses, I honestly think he is the weakest defender defensively we have signed for a while

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That would be odd. Why leave for a lesser team so you could be loaned out to an even lesser club afterwards?
Path to a starting spot, a league more suited to him. He had no real long term starting hopes at United ahead of Bruno, and it would be loan after loan if he wanted regular football, and he wasn't suited to the prem at all. This way he goes on loan first to get necessary experience before possibly starting in the French league at a developmental club. It makes sense for his career.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

E-mal

If thats true he is really bad advised.
I think he is trying to save face as we gave him a contract and he didn't take it initially and then the offer was no longer on the table and he didn't want to be seen going back on it.
We called his bluff me think.

SAFMUTD

I think he is trying to save face as we gave him a contract and he didn't take it initially and then the offer was no longer on the table and he didn't want to be seen going back on it.
We called his bluff me think.
I guess it makes sense, accepting a shitty offer because you havent got any good ones?

Deery

Dreary
A doubt Lille will be paying him 25k a week to go out on loan.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he’d do well in France. Also, I’ve said for years but I‘ve always had the feeling he will play senior football for Portugal instead of England.

CM10

I think there were some murmurs Gomes wasn't happy with Solskjaer for blocking a loan move only to restrict him to a couple of games in Europa.

Even so, you wouldn't think it makes sense to seek a move away only to go out on loan. He can't have had a realistic chance of breaking through here anytime soon if Lille don't think he's ready for their first team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If this is true, and Lille think he needs to be loaned into a lowly Portuguese league club, thats quite a rude damnation for his actual abilities and level right now.

What an idiotic decision from him to leave his home since aged 6, to become a nomad in European football wastelands. Truly baffling.

Alemar

What an idiotic decision from him to leave his home since aged 6, to become a nomad in European football wastelands. Truly baffling.
Could be a physiological issue. He used to being in the centre of the hype, so to speak. And didn’t cope with the fact, that His peers Greenwood and also Williams made it, whereas he himself didn’t manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.