Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Insanely high wages imo. This means that Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood will be demanding similar wages in the future.
that's pre-tax. About 160 after tax. Rashford and Martial aren't on much less.

Onerealunited

that's pre-tax. About 160 after tax. Rashford and Martial aren't on much less.
its a High wage. Pogba, the second highest earner in the club (excl Sanchez) earns £290 a week (before tax). That sound mean sancho would be earning more than all of our players except De Gea. In comparison he earns around €120 a week in Dortmund

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
its a High wage. Pogba, the second highest earner in the club (excl Sanchez) earns £290 a week (before tax). That sound mean sancho would be earning more than all of our players except De Gea. In comparison he earns around €120 a week in Dortmund
That shouldn't be a problem, Pogba signed contract 4 years ago, wages won't be same from that long back.

Skåre Willoch

Now I feel stupid.

Why does it matter what he makes after tax? When comparing salaries, it's the gross salary that counts, surely?

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
He is on 190k a week at Dortmund.

gajender

When club is ready to spend over €100 m for Sancho then it's obvious his wages would also reflect the same, he is coming here as Bonafide superstar not some inexperienced youngster he would have commanded similar wages even if was moving to a different club this summer.

Prodigal7

The muppet in me is worried about GNevs comment just now that we might not be his preferred club and Real will be in for him next year.

Nick7

so? if we sign him we're spending as much as we did on Pogba, if not more. He's coming as one of the top players in Europe.

Lemansky

https://extra.ie/2020/07/17/sport/soccernews/gary-neville-jadon-sancho-manchester

Looking at it it's a few weeks old my mistake. Still makes me nervous is he's clearly someone who will likely know what's going on with the saga.
He know nothing. And.. this ain’t a worry at all. Madrid won’t have money for him next year or the year after. He will stay for plenty of years if he comes. If Madrid/Barca by some miracle gets money rich soon Mbappe will be their main target.

Onerealunited

so? if we sign him we're spending as much as we did on Pogba, if not more. He's coming as one of the top players in Europe.
nothing. It was just a comment to someone that said the wage is not high and that rashdord and martial earn the same. The point was just it is a relatively high wage compred to what other team members earn

Withnail

https://extra.ie/2020/07/17/sport/soccernews/gary-neville-jadon-sancho-manchester

Looking at it it's a few weeks old my mistake. Still makes me nervous is he's clearly someone who will likely know what's going on with the saga.

Does Neville ever have any info on signings?

Think he's talking out of his hole tbh

EDIT: He doesn't actually say anything about Sancho's preferred destination just that other clubs might be in for him next year if we didn't do the deal

Prodigal7

Neville is just talking, he knows nothing. He mentions City when Pep has already ruled it out, Chelsea are buying Havertz, Bayern have just bought Sane and Madrid has showed no interest in him.
The transfer world is one of constant bluffs and double bluffs. You don't know who's signing who and until it's all signed off anything can happen.
Clubs in particular love to go after our targets so they can say they got one over on Man United at the last minute. FFP being relaxed does not help us at all.

Withnail

The transfer world is one of constant bluffs and double bluffs. You don't know who's signing who and until it's all signed off anything can happen.
Clubs in particular love to go after our targets so they can say they got one over on Man United at the last minute. FFP being relaxed does not help us at all.
Think you're getting a bit paranoid mate.

Is this what an anti-muppet looks like?

GJNJ

Classical Mechanic

Clubs in particular love to go after our targets so they can say they got one over on Man United at the last minute.
No one is going to spend £100m just to get one over on United.

We've been after Sancho for 18 months now. He'd be mad to sign for a club as capricious as Madrid at the last minute.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Pretty sure Pogba isn’t the highest earner after Sanchez. It’s DDG.

Nick7

nothing. It was just a comment to someone that said the wage is not high and that rashdord and martial earn the same. The point was just it is a relatively high wage compred to what other team members earn
oh yeah that was me, I got confused when I posted initially. sorry.

Infra-red

Pretty sure Pogba isn’t the highest earner after Sanchez. It’s DDG.
I think that's right. Pogba is reportedly earning £290k per week. De Gea's new deal was widely reported to be worth £350k-375k per week. With Sanchez now gone, I would assume that he is our top earner.

Rolaholic

He know nothing. And.. this ain’t a worry at all. Madrid won’t have money for him next year or the year after. He will stay for plenty of years if he comes. If Madrid/Barca by some miracle gets money rich soon Mbappe will be their main target.
Exactly, Barca are in shambles financially after years of horrendous big money signings and Madrid just spent huge money on Hazard last year, who they now have to pay the full 100m fee for after winning the league.

They won't be making a huge splash signing like that again soon and if they do, it'd surely be for the object of Florentino Perez's affection in Mbappe before anyone else.

They've also already got talented young wingers in the squad too in Vinicius and Rodrygo. I genuinely believe Sancho would play out at least his whole contract with us over the next 5 years

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well, he turned down City for United who clearly offered more money so don't understand why so many people have problems to believe 560k a week.
You're making a strange leap between us offering more and 560k being the figure.

How do you know they didn't offer 250k (through the books) and 50k (off them) or suchlike?

Status
Not open for further replies.