Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
thats an absurdly detailed specification. Is that from a journo or been briefed from the club? Who fits that bill?
Players who fit that profile play for very good high pressing teams. Van Dyke at Liverpool and Konate and Upamecano at RBL under Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl before him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Players who fit that profile play for very good high pressing teams. Van Dyke at Liverpool and Konate and Upamecano at RBL under Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl before him.
Not hearing either of those names on the transfer gossip grapevine. So not Badashile?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not hearing either of those names on the transfer gossip grapevine. So not Badashile?
Badiashile is a work in progress but does fit the profile. He's still raw and would require patience in the immediate future.

sparx99

thats an absurdly detailed specification. Is that from a journo or been briefed from the club? Who fits that bill?
Also, presumably City; who actually push their full-backs high; would want those attributes too?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
who do you think we will end up getting?
I'm gonna be wrong but if we go for a left footed CB I hope it's Badiashile. Still a work in progress but I don't mind because he has huge developmental potential.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Crystal Palace have already been linked with Ollie Watkins, but they've also offered a contract to free-agent Ryan Fraser.

Other key points:
  • West Ham, Sheffield United, and Leeds are monitoring Watkins.
  • West Ham are also interested in Said Benrahma.
  • Eberechi Eze's attracting interest from Palace, West Brom, Villa, and Leeds.
Feels like Zaha is def off this summer.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don't believe he's ever played a game at the requisite level. Would be a cheap punt.
That’s what we’re going to have to do is try and find a gem on the cheap. If we’re after Sancho for £100m+ there’s no way we’re going to spend near that on a CB which is what the going rate would be for a top class established CB.

croadyman

That’s what we’re going to have to do is try and find a gem on the cheap. If we’re after Sancho for £100m+ there’s no way we’re going to spend near that on a CB which is what the going rate would be for a top class established CB.
Sancho, Grealish & cheap CB is progress as far as I'm concerned, we still need to bring in a DM next summer because personally don't see the McTominay experiment working but I am happy to be proved totally wrong

Adnan

Talent Spotter
In that case I would hope we sign no one and give Mengi game time.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Do you think Kabak could play the high pressing game well?

I haven’t watched enough of him to be able to gauge if he can or not.
Badiashile is a work in progress but does fit the profile. He's still raw and would require patience in the immediate future.
I think we can afford some patience with him considering we do have Lindelof who also needs some more time to really prove if he can play for us long term.
Feels like Zaha is def off this summer.
As an Everton fan, would you want your club to sign him?

I think he would be a good addition to your squad. Definitely miles better then Walcott & Bernard.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do you think Kabak could play the high pressing game well?

I haven’t watched enough of him to be able to gauge if he can or not.

I think we can afford some patience with him considering we do have Lindelof who also needs some more time to really prove if he can play for us long term.

As an Everton fan, would you want your club to sign him?

I think he would be a good addition to your squad. Definitely miles better then Walcott & Bernard.
I think Kabak could play a high pressing game very well. Would be a very good signing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Napoli & Torino might be involved in a potential partial swap deal between two out-of-favour goalkeepers:

Sirigu comes to Napoli permanently whilst Meret goes to Torino on loan.

jesperjaap

Seems a strange one to me. RObertson is young and Im sure the last few gamesthey had another massively rated full back who was primarily a right back but could also play left like Brandom Williams, play a couple of times and nto look out of place, think he was Welsh?

Think Lewis looks promising and they are obviously trying to add depth to there squad, think its there midfield needs upgrading if anything though

jesperjaap

Ole's asked about the recent transfer activity:

Ole summing up Sanchez perfectly there. Was so abysmal for us it seems many forget, he is a top player and has been everywhere but here for some reason

TrebleFan99

We should look at Ndidi instead of Gueye. Not that we're looking at Gueye either, but still... Ndidi is way younger and very underrated. Would be an excellent defensive option to allow Bruno og Pogba more freedom.
Well said. If we can’t bring in a top CB I would love to see Ndidi brought in. Best DM in the league along with Kante. Exactly the kind of player to let Pogba and Bruno flourish.

manuchamp88

Well said. If we can’t bring in a top CB I would love to see Ndidi brought in. Best DM in the league along with Kante. Exactly the kind of player to let Pogba and Bruno flourish.
Really can't see. Matic just signed a new deal and McTominay and Fred can also play there. I think we do want a CB (rather than a CDM), but again, would be pretty surprised if we do.

RRCE

This actually strikes me as being true. Sir Alex always wanted defenders who could defend very effectively in one on one situations, so as not to stifle the team’s attacking intent. I can definitely see Ole taking that same approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.