Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogga

Why does this feel like this every other summer... we're chasing a big name that feels like the only one we're after. Besides that it's only some random names where it feels like we're only used by the selling club/agent. And it drags on forever while our rivals just get their targets...

Gabriel - Yeah maybe, but doesn't feel genuine
Badiashile - Makes sense just as Gabriel, but no genuine feeling us being actually interested
Grealish - Don't get the feeling we're really interested
Rice - Same as Grealish
Telles - Quality player, but Shaw have been good and Williams just signed a new contract
Meret - Makes zero sense

Sancho - The main name that keeps dragging on and feels like it's taking forever

Pavl3n

Juventus 'approach Mauricio Pochettino' to replace sacked Maurizio Sarri
That's what we all firstly thought. Haven't read the article, but I'm nearly convinced it's lazy journalism

Fracture90

19-year-old midfielder Aliou Traoré puts Manchester United on notice: "I would like to start a professional career. I think I have the background to do so. I hope that happens in Manchester, if not then why not go and get playing time elsewhere."
Is this lad any good?

GwilDor

Obvious candidate is Poch, what other high profile managers are available? Who is Atalanta manager?

dev1l

Obvious candidate is Poch, what other high profile managers are available? Who is Atalanta manager?
Gasperini is Atalanta manager. But I think Pochettino is a possibility. I think Juventus and Pochettino had a meeting last year in Turin

Mark Pawelek

Why does this feel like this every other summer... we're chasing a big name that feels like the only one we're after. Besides that it's only some random names where it feels like we're only used by the selling club/agent. And it drags on forever while our rivals just get their targets...

Gabriel - Yeah maybe, but doesn't feel genuine
Badiashile - Makes sense just as Gabriel, but no genuine feeling us being actually interested
Grealish - Don't get the feeling we're really interested
Rice - Same as Grealish
Telles - Quality player, but Shaw have been good and Williams just signed a new contract
Meret - Makes zero sense

Sancho - The main name that keeps dragging on and feels like it's taking forever
Because:
  • we show mistaken loyalty to players who should've left by now. Club management are not ruthless enough or
  • penny-pinching management want too much for our surplus players. Can't get more in till others leave.

Bogga

Because:
  • we show mistaken loyalty to players who should've left by now. Club management are not ruthless enough or
  • penny-pinching management want too much for our surplus players. Can't get more in till others leave.
Yeah that's the next annoying thing... we never seem to get rid of those players. Last years the only times we actually did something good in that area was Schneiderlin and Welbeck. Well, Sanchez was nice...
But Rafael, Hernandez and most other names was sold for peanuts... At the same time Chelsea, Liverpool and the other teams get like 25-30 million for players that was crap for them

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Crystal Palace 'unwilling to meet QPR's demands for star winger Eberechi Eze'
I wouldn‘t even mind if I thought it was a negotiating tactic, but in our case we’re just not willing to pay decent money for anyone.

Refused to pay £10m for Watkins last summer and now they’re asking £25m. Be exactly the same with Eze.

Just wish this board of ours would f*** off.

caid

Juventus 'approach Mauricio Pochettino' to replace sacked Maurizio Sarri
That'd be a good move for Pochettino. Be hard to avoid winning something at Juventus. Probably do Juventus a lot of good too tbf, they need a refresh and rethink about how they set up.

I wouldn‘t even mind if I thought it was a negotiating tactic, but in our case we’re just not willing to pay decent money for anyone.

Refused to pay £10m for Watkins last summer and now they’re asking £25m. Be exactly the same with Eze.

Just wish this board of ours would f*** off.
Its shameful, I refuse to believe you can’t afford 18mill when you’ve been in the PL for over 5 seasons now. Parrish and the rest of the board need taking out back.

GwilDor

Gasperini is Atalanta manager. But I think Pochettino is a possibility. I think Juventus and Pochettino had a meeting last year in Turin
I knew little of Gasperini. A quick search shows he was Juventus youth product for his playing career, and also coached at youth level at Juventus. He had a chance at a «top» italian club before with Inter, but failed and was sacked after a couple of months. Guess he’s an option, but not their first option.
Last time Juventus had a non-italian manager was Deschamps (previous Juve player), and before that it was in the early 70’s. That does not increase Poch’s odd imo. No history with Juve and not Italian.
Best Italian manager prospects? Maybe Pirlo wasn’t such a bad shout after all.

United58

That's cause we're following it and hoping for confirmation. Look how long Arsenal are taking with Willian, who doesn't even have a club to negotiate with; City are making comparatively small signings and they're still taking a while. Liverpool can't even get a deal with a relegated club for a left back done quickly. Transfers take time. People don't seem to grasp that. We're talking over one hundred million pounds here

Bogga

That's cause we're following it and hoping for confirmation. Look how long Arsenal are taking with Willian, who doesn't even have a club to negotiate with; City are making comparatively small signings and they're still taking a while. Liverpool can't even get a deal with a relegated club for a left back done quickly. Transfers take time. People don't seem to grasp that. We're talking over one hundred million pounds here
Fully aware that we focus a lot more on the transfers incoming and that especially this one is a tough one with the price mentioned. Willian isn't as old as Sancho though, Havertz seems more comparable... but Chelsea have added both Werner and Ziyech, Shitty Torres and Ake, Liverpool isn't in direct need as us others... we've added nada so far and if the contract with Sancho isn't true then what have we accomplished?
I know I'm in semi muppet mode, but it's starting to get annoying :(

Last edited:

windycityfan

This one is a little puzzling to me: (1) at that asking £27 price, (2) which is clearly not prohibiting to this club, (3) for a player his stature, (4) who plays a position of need, (5) allegedly looking to move to the club we’re chasing after, (6) our rival, why in the ever loving feck aren’t we hijacking this move and going hard for Thiago?

Cheaper than VDB and Grealish, provides depth, technical ability and insurance policy to our midfield, what am I missing?

This one is a little puzzling to me: (1) at that asking £27 price, (2) which is clearly not prohibiting to this club, (3) for a player his stature, (4) who plays a position of need, (5) allegedly looking to move to the club we’re chasing after, (6) our rival, why in the ever loving feck aren’t we hijacking this move and going hard for Thiago?

Cheaper than VDB and Grealish, provides depth, technical ability and insurance policy to our midfield, what am I missing?
Maybe he wants to go to Liverpool?

Mihai

Fully aware that we focus a lot more on the transfers incoming and that especially this one is a tough one with the price mentioned. Willian isn't as old as Sancho though, Havertz seems more comparable... but Chelsea have added both Werner and Ziyech, Shitty Torres and Ake, Liverpool isn't in direct need as us others... we've added nada so far and if the contract with Sancho isn't true then what have we accomplished?
I know I'm in semi muppet mode, but it's starting to get annoying :(
Amazing comparison right there. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.