Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Stones simply didnt improve since he joined City, even Mangala improved a bit under Pep. Plus his personal life is a mess. Obviously there are worse players but his level is some club finishing between 8th-14th.
What’s the personal life mess point all about?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Wasn't Stones actually pretty good early in his City career? I remember being impressed with him and then he got that big injury and was never able to get back into the team.

Assuming he's 100% fit now I think he'd be a good gamble for a cheap price.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wasn't Stones actually pretty good early in his City career? I remember being impressed with him and then he got that big injury and was never able to get back into the team.

Assuming he's 100% fit now I think he'd be a good gamble for a cheap price.
This, injuries have really fecked him at City. He's still a really good player for ~£20 Million.

HJ12

This, injuries have really fecked him at City. He's still a really good player for ~£20 Million.
Agree that at that price he is a decent gamble for a team that can accommodate a potentially injury-prone player, but with good upside potential should he stay fit. A team such as ourselves should stay well clear though - the profile of our current injury-prone lot means we cannot risk being stuck with another to join Jones, et al in the sick room.

Coops73

Stones simply didnt improve since he joined City, even Mangala improved a bit under Pep. Plus his personal life is a mess. Obviously there are worse players but his level is some club finishing between 8th-14th.
But...but Pep improves everyone, I just don’t understand how this could of happened:confused:

vodrake

Stones has always been a defender who's had moments of class balanced out by utterly calamitous defensive errors. He was given a lot of leeway for it at the start because he was young and everyone assumed Pep would iron the mistakes out of him, but for one reason or another he's never really kicked on from there and doesn't have the youth excuse to get away with it anymore.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Stones performed great at Everton because he had Jagielka beside him. Say what you want about Jagielka's ability but what you can't take away from him is his reliability and consistency. He would rarely have a bad game and was able to organise the backline to a decent standard and help someone like Stones mature and excel as a player. I don't think that Stones has had that much at City - He's either in and out of the side or his partner is changing much more than it ever was at Everton so it's difficult sometimes to get into a routine. He's also quite arrogant which can be great but it can also be terrible. I don't quite know if Rudiger is the man to be his 'Jagielka' so to speak as he is also quite rash. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Robbie Boy

I think Benrahma is one of the best "value-for-money" players available in the ongoing window. He should be a good transfer for Spurs, if this deal happens.
If I am not mistaken, Chelsea were also interested in him sometime back. He would be a good "squad" player at Chelsea and a good "starting" player for Spurs.
Don't think Chelsea were ever actually interested it was more so some media invented story with zero substance.

I don't think Spurs would be a good move for him under Mourinho. He's a good player but he's still quite erratic at times and even though his stats were great this season, he can be wasteful with the ball. Not sure Mourinho would put up with that.

In Rainbows

Wilson probably earns a fraction of what our cast offs do
People don't realize just how absurd our wage bill is. We give players who are not in demand by other clubs, wages that are close to much better players at other top clubs. This despite the fact that we're a more prestigious club that can offer those same players visibility other top clubs can't give. Matt Judge is terrible.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
People don't realize just how absurd our wage bill is. We give players who are not in demand by other clubs, wages that are close to much better players at other top clubs. This despite the fact that we're a more prestigious club that can offer those same players visibility other top clubs can't give. Matt Judge is terrible.
Was

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Liverpool don’t seem to be having a great window so far. Are they really strapped for cash, or just holding back due to Covid?
Where exactly do you think they need someone ? Yes, they need elite backups but you cant expect high profile players to come and sit on bench . Klopp hardly rotates and not to mention the wages they would be paid.

Posh Red

Where exactly do you think they need someone ? Yes, they need elite backups but you cant expect high profile players to come and sit on bench . Klopp hardly rotates and not to mention the wages they would be paid.
Never said they did or didn’t. It might just be media but I’ve only seen stories about them missing out on players so far. Just going off what I’ve read.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool don’t seem to be having a great window so far. Are they really strapped for cash, or just holding back due to Covid?
We don’t have a tonne of money (Van Dijk & Alisson were expensive deals with huge agent fees). That combined with COVID and apparently still not receiving all the money from Barcelona for Coutinho is why we weren’t able to buy Werner, and would never be able to afford Sancho (despite the media linking us).

Tsimikas is a squad signing to be back up to Robertson. I do think we should be going all out for Thiago though.

Our fans will jump on FSG’s back but I think they’re playing the long game and asking Klopp to get as much as he can from the squad he has, so that we’re in a good position to launch a rebuild 2/3 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.