Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

If they don’t get Sancho this summer, he’ll be 150m the next summer and they’ll proabably have more offers then just united.
If Covid continues until this time next summer there is no way clubs not bank rolled by oil money will be spending anything like 100m on Sancho....! They aint even doing that this summer......

AaronRedDevil

If Covid continues until this time next summer there is no way clubs not bank rolled by oil money will be spending anything like 100m on Sancho....! They aint even doing that this summer......
That’s right. And even then they’ll still won’t get Sancho so he’ll probably remain at Dortmund like Reus.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If they don’t get Sancho this summer, he’ll be 150m the next summer and they’ll proabably have more offers then just united.
How long will he have on his contract? If he doesn't extend they will get less money surely. I agree that there will be a lot more suitors and maybe ones that will be more attractive than us. If we don't get him then it puts even more pressure on the team and Ole to produce the goods next season. Also if we do not get him we then have to make sure we buy the right players and not just buy players for the sake of it. He looks a great fit for us, so any alternatives also have to be the right fit. We have been notorious for buying players who are the wrong fit in the past. Hopefully we have actually scouted properly this time.

RedDevilRoshi

How long will he have on his contract? If he doesn't extend they will get less money surely. I agree that there will be a lot more suitors and maybe ones that will be more attractive than us. If we don't get him then it puts even more pressure on the team and Ole to produce the goods next season. Also if we do not get him we then have to make sure we buy the right players and not just buy players for the sake of it. He looks a great fit for us, so any alternatives also have to be the right fit. We have been notorious for buying players who are the wrong fit in the past. Hopefully we have actually scouted properly this time.
His contract expires in 2023

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Interesting choice for Sarr :lol:. Palace would have a very good African front 3, lucky the AFCON doesn't seem to mess with the league any more.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
His contract expires in 2023
That's still a while then. If we cannot get him now, we should walk away otherwise we will be in the bidding war that Dortmund are after. Could still not get him and not have a great season if Mason picked up and injury with no great replacement. At this point, Sancho would be the starter and Mason the backup. It is just what alternatives are out there. Do we do that and fill more voids in the squad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Interesting choice for Sarr :lol:. Palace would have a very good African front 3, lucky the AFCON doesn't seem to mess with the league any more.
It will...it's going to be Jan to Feb in 2022. I don't think Zaha is staying at Palace either.

Jam

I hope this is just a negotiation tactic. Would rather save the money for next window than stump for second choice.
I mean regardless of Dembele which is a conversation within itself we simply need to buy a RW this window - can’t go another season without that position covered properly.

But yeah generally I’d rather lean towards a 20-30m-ish punt to cover for a season and then be back up or sold and then get Sancho next season, than get a 2-4th choice for 80-100m and not get Sancho at all.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It will...it's going to be Jan to Feb in 2022. I don't think Zaha is staying at Palace either.
Oh they moved it back! I missed that. I think he'll try and move, not sure anyone will pay what Palace want for him.
Sarr as the headline but he's not on any of the pictures there?
Yeah, did think that was odd.

sparx99

I mean regardless of Dembele which is a conversation within itself we simply need to buy a RW this window - can’t go another season without that position covered properly.

But yeah generally I’d rather lean towards a 20-30m-ish punt to cover for a season and then be back up or sold and then get Sancho next season, than get a 2-4th choice for 80-100m and not get Sancho at all.
Chiesa from Fiorentina could come and play right wing. Then if Sancho signs Chiesa can be cover for RW, CAM or ST. He has played all of those roles.

If Zaha hadn't previously had a spell at Utd he'd probably be a decent fall back option for a few years. Probably too much baggage now.

Zoo

Braga have signed Nico Gaitan on a free transfer.

Mihai

On top of that, it's quite disgraceful we didnt offer him a testimonial. No loyalty in sports whatsoever.
Not true. We offered a testimonial but he refused. We offered to play 60 minutes this year with 20 next year and the remaining 10 based on performance bonuses.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is an absolute circus now - they're trotting out all their players to be part of this poker game?

What does the man himself think? Surely he's not desperate enough to join us, or he'd have said something.

romufc

This is an absolute circus now - they're trotting out all their players to be part of this poker game?

What does the man himself think? Surely he's not desperate enough to join us, or he'd have said something.
Or the opposite, if he really wanted to stay, he would come out saying I am happy and staying. That will end all speculation.

I fear that most United fans have invested so much into him joining, the outrage brewing is not good news for the club.

They have done so well to get the feel good factor back, a poor window now, will be for nothing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently Jonathan David's moving to Lille for an initial fee of 27.5 million Euros. That's a great price if true.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
After FC Cincinnati's interest, Inter Miami have formally reached out to Gotze. However, Gotze has rejected them.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I can see why Immobile wants to stay at Lazio forever. After struggling outside of Italy, he's never been better.

Relevant quote:
I'm waiting for the club to call me: I want to be part of Lazio forever.

Last edited:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That is a good price to be honest. 27m pounds for Thiago is not a lot.
I don't see him going that price, unless we'll get eliminated on Friday. If we make it far, or win the thing, the evaluation of what a fair price for him is will go up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
AC Milan have signed promising 17-year-old forward Emil Roback from Hammarby (the club that Ibrahimovic partially owns). Arsenal were heavily linked with him after scouting him for some time and inviting him to tour Arsenal's facilities.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This may not matter as much anymore, but whilst the Saudis were trying to take over Newcastle, the club got in touch with Immobile's agent and were after big-name Italian managers (Allegri, Spaletti).

Quotes:
During the period when Newcastle’s takeover was being talked about, they rang my agent, Alessandro Moggi. Then the Premier League didn’t let the takeover go through, or the consortium pulled out. I can’t remember exactly. I know they were looking for an Italian manager, [Maximiliano] Allegri or [Luciano] Spalletti.

Dr. StrangeHate

Manchester United didn't pay Mino Raiola jack. We paid what Juventus agreed to, and Juventus had a contract with Mino about a cut of the transfer. Juventus were the only losers there as they are the ones who had to pay his fees. This guy is supposed to be a journalist and he is peddling fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.