Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Good luck trying to get money of an Italian club doing this kind of deal though, they always manage to find a way of backtracking on a deal of what was originally agreed.
True, but both Milan clubs have been going crazy spending money on mediocre players these last couple of windows. Plus, from what I've read he's actually been pretty decent for them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Manchester City have submitted an offer for Koulibaly. United have yet to submit an offer.

City's offer: 63 million Euros + bonuses
Napoli want 70 million Euros as the base offer.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So City may go from poverty at CB to absolutely loaded. If they can settle that problem I think they are the clear favorites for the title.

I wish Chelsea were after Koulibaly. :(

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So City may go from poverty at CB to absolutely loaded. If they can settle that problem I think they are the clear favorites for the title.

I wish Chelsea were after Koulibaly. :(
You're not getting with the program here, the Caf decided a couple of days ago that he is shit. You should be wanting Lindelof.

Jericholyte2

Manchester City have submitted an offer for Koulibaly. United have yet to submit an offer.

Super-coach Guardiola strikes again! How much has he spent on defenders at City!?!

ti vu

Goalscoring midfielder
Prem experience
Play as a 10 and 8
Should be relatively quite cheap
Good player
Juventus is paying him silly wage for his worth (not cheap). 30 years old. Injury prone. He does well for Wales at least when I saw him, but with his club record, he's anything but goalscoring midfielder.

SAFMUTD

Hopefuly City pays for him, I predict he will be a flop here in the EPL.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Is Mourinho going to buy any attacking players, I wonder? Surely they can't go into another season hoping and praying that Kane doesn't get injured (which he always does). They're still totally reliant on him.

As for Hojbjerg, meh. Decent player but nothing more.
Sturridge on a free to backup Kane and play the Europa league early stages?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thanks to @carvajal for this bit of news:

Summary:
  • Villareal are currently negotiating with Valencia for Gabriel Paulista.
  • Dani Parejo will sign a 4-year contract with Villareal.
Parejo is quality player for La Liga.

Villarreal is going for Gabriel could be a positive news for us trying to sign Pau Torres.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Gonna say i'd quite happily pay the £30m-40m more for Walker, Koulibaly, Laporte and Mendy than have AWB, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw.
He also spend a considerable amount more: Stones was £50m, Danilo was £27m, Cancelo was £60m. Nice try though.

SAFMUTD

Really? He's built for the premier league.
I've only seen him around 5-6 times, but he has never impressed me. He's like Bailly without the injuries, energetic, strong, fast, but not smart. He makes errors that go unpunished in Serie A that will surely be punished here. I know its not the rule but I think there's a reason why he's 29 and never got a "big team" move. With Barca desperately needing a CB and he was never wanted, nor Madrid or Bayern.

Somehow its always rumors for the EPL teams, pretty much as Milinković-Savić, you get a lot of noise from the press that they're highly rated but somehow they stay on the same Italian team without Juve snaping them nor other big clubs interested. Thats why I dont buy it, I think he'll flop and I dont mean flop as a disaster Mangala type of flop I mean flop as proving paying 70M for him was way too much.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
250m I think.
297.54 million and that's without including another 20 million on Porro and Angelino

Laporte -61.02
Cancelo -58.5
Mendy – 51.75
Stones – 50.04
Walker 47.43
Danilo – 27
Zinchenko – 1.8

That's one hell of a spend!

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
He also spend a considerable amount more: Stones was £50m, Danilo was £27m, Cancelo was £60m. Nice try though.
Not trying anything. Lump them all in, and do likewise with Bailly, Jones, Rojo , Dalot. City have and will dump some duds and can be accused of a lot but overspending on individual players is not something they do very often, rarely in fact.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine having a very limited budget and signing Højbjerg first... just wow. Spurs are in for a terrible season once again - and who knows when Kane will be injured like he always is? Højbjerg will barely play, he is an honest, hard-working but most importantly a mediocre PL-player at best. According to some, that’s not how Spurs regard themselves so it makes little sense. If guessing his next club one month ago... I’d say Villa, Burnley or Sheffield United - not Spurs.
Mourinho will play Hojbjerg into the ground! He is his Matic signing.

ti vu

I've only seen him around 5-6 times, but he has never impressed me. He's like Bailly without the injuries, energetic, strong, fast, but not smart. He makes errors that go unpunished in Serie A that will surely be punished here. I know its not the rule but I think there's a reason why he's 29 and never got a "big team" move. With Barca desperately needing a CB and he was never wanted, nor Madrid or Bayern.

Somehow its always rumors for the EPL teams, pretty much as Milinković-Savić, you get a lot of noise from the press that they're highly rated but somehow they stay on the same Italian team without Juve snaping them nor other big clubs interested. Thats why I dont buy it, I think he'll flop and I dont mean flop as a disaster Mangala type of flop I mean flop as proving paying 70M for him was way too much.
None of those team would pay such fee for CB. In case of Bayern, when they signed Hummers from Dortmund years ago for 30mil, it's their club record for a CB. They can get quality CBs for decent price they're not paying over the top.

Madrid has settled starters. They get decent back up option, so don't see the point paying that kind of fee when they don't need to, especially that side is Ramos', the captain.

Barcelona has the case, but who knows what their directors think. Could have bought De Ligt, but never attempted to sign another CB, so it's not the case Koulibaly is not wanted.

All in all it's the fee, and the unwillingness to sell that kept Koulibaly there. It may take City who spent crazy amount on defenders to price him out of Napoli.

Similarly, in SMS case, Juventus was only bin diving with their midfield investment in recent years. Not like they chose to spend similar amount on other players in same position.

297.54 million and that's without including another 20 million on Porro and Angelino

Laporte -61.02
Cancelo -58.5
Mendy – 51.75
Stones – 50.04
Walker 47.43
Danilo – 27
Zinchenko – 1.8

That's one hell of a spend!
Ake is done deal too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not trying anything. Lump them all in, and do likewise with Bailly, Jones, Rojo , Dalot. City have and will dump some duds and can be accused of a lot but overspending on individual players is not something they do very often, rarely in fact.
The guy brought up Guardiola's spending but sure, bring up Jones and Rojo who were signed before that timeframe.

ti vu

Nice try. You realize when Jones was signed? Talking about lumping together...

How about we add Mangala, Nastasic, Otamendi into the list by your logic? That's not counting the like of Savic, Boateng, Kolo Toure. The former 2 are hardly duds, where they're still having strong career at high level clubs now. In Boateng case, ironically, Pep made him one of the best ball playing CB when he coached Bayern.

SAFMUTD

None of those team would pay such fee for CB. In case of Bayern, when they signed Hummers from Dortmund years ago for 30mil, it's their club record for a CB. They can get quality CBs for decent price they're not paying over the top.

Madrid has settled starters. They get decent back up option, so don't see the point paying that kind of fee when they don't need to, especially that side is Ramos', the captain.

Barcelona has the case, but who knows what their directors think. Could have bought De Ligt, but never attempted to sign another CB, so it's not the case Koulibaly is not wanted.

All in all it's the fee, and the unwillingness to sell that kept Koulibaly there. It may take City who spent crazy amount on defenders to price him out of Napoli.

Similarly, in SMS case, Juventus was only bin diving with their midfield investment in recent years. Not like they chose to spend similar amount on other players in same position.

Ake is done deal too.
I get your point and I agree it would make little sense for Madrid to go for him when they have a world class back 4, regarding Bayern Hummels is not their record transfer, they just signed Lucas Hernandez from Atletico last summer for 80M. But in all seriousness 4-5 years ago nobody knew who Koulibally was it seems all the hype started from journalists in Italy and he went from being unknowned to being a 100M player.

Italians teams are crazy, they price their players way above their value. I dont think its an issue about teams being unable to afford the fees but rather teams just knowing the players dont worth the money. We've seen how this italian clubs value their average players so high and they end up staying there, same case with that Torino striker Bellotti who was supposedly a 60M player, and there he is still at Torino. Some how those traps are always directed to the EPL being the richer league but between italian teams they sell players for peanuts.

Suedesi

I hope I'm wrong, but he's twice the defender Harry Maguire is.

ti vu

I get your point and I agree it would make little sense for Madrid to go for him when they have a world class back 4, regarding Bayern Hummels is not their record transfer, they just signed Lucas Hernandez from Atletico last summer for 80M. But in all seriousness 4-5 years ago nobody knew who Koulibally was it seems all the hype started from journalists in Italy and he went from being unknowned to being a 100M player.

Italians teams are crazy, they price their players way above their value. I dont think its an issue about teams being unable to afford the fees but rather teams just knowing the players dont worth the money. We've seen how this italian clubs value their average players so high and they end up staying there, same case with that Torino striker Bellotti who was supposedly a 60M player, and there he is still at Torino. Some how those traps are always directed to the EPL being the richer league but between italian teams they sell players for peanuts.
I for some reasons forgot about Lucas when talking about CB discussion (perhaps because he has been more of LB since 2018? And Pavard was supposed the CB signing?)

I really disagree with your points. Just wanted to add context into your previous points about Koulibaly didn't move: circumstances and Napoli didn't want to sell.

Juventus paid like 90 mil for Higuain, so in cases, some clubs meant it with their valuation. So again, it's circumstances.

SAFMUTD

I for some reasons forgot about Lucas when talking about CB discussion (perhaps because he has been more of LB since 2018? And Pavard was supposed the CB signing?)

I really disagree with your points. Just wanted to add context into your previous points about Koulibaly didn't move: circumstances and Napoli didn't want to sell.

Juventus paid like 90 mil for Higuain, so in cases, some clubs meant it with their valuation. So again, it's circumstances.
Besides Higuain can you think of any other one? I struggle besides Pogba and Bonucci when he went to Milan, italian teams are not particular big sellers in the last decade at least.

Any way I hope Koulibaly comes to the premier league that will clear the doubts.

ti vu

Besides Higuain can you think of any other one? I struggle besides Pogba and Bonucci when he went to Milan, italian teams are not particular big sellers in the last decade at least.

Any way I hope Koulibaly comes to the premier league that will clear the doubts.
Alisson to Liverpool, Jorginho to Chelsea, Dybala to Juventus, Kovacic to Madrid.

It may not look big deals on the scale of how much PL clubs can pay, but with context of Italian clubs finance. Remember Palermo whom sold Dybala to Juventus? The club had been refounded in Serie D after serial relegation both via result on the pitch and issue with their finance.

Some circumstances they just make up crazy price to keep the players. Other time they meant the valuation for sale when concrete interest shown by potential buying clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.