Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodrake

Maybe we enquired and were completely out priced?

Wolves are a strange one... you'd have thought the so-called bigger teams would cherry pick their talents. Perhaps the Mendez links are muddying the waters...
I think even without European competition Wolves are in a strong enough position that they can slap ludicrous fees on their top talents and won't need to let them go without a massive fight, probably puts most potential suitors off

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Maybe we enquired and were completely out priced?

Wolves are a strange one... you'd have thought the so-called bigger teams would cherry pick their talents. Perhaps the Mendez links are muddying the waters...
It’s like Leicester with Maguire last year, given the money flowing to all Prem teams, no one needs to sell cheap anymore and the days of the top clubs cherry picking are gone. Covid-19 May change that but I doubt it. The only way to get those players now is to pay.

Alemar

Cannot see Barca selling Fati even if they need money this summer.
Why not? He is not (yet) their key player, so if they need money they might. There is only 1 player they will never sell, and his name is Lionel - all the others have their price

peridigm

It’s like Leicester with Maguire last year, given the money flowing to all Prem teams, no one needs to sell cheap anymore and the days of the top clubs cherry picking are gone. Covid-19 May change that but I doubt it. The only way to get those players now is to pay.
I think it depends on when fans are allowed back into the stadiums. TV money is great but lower table teams that don’t have huge sponsors or money coming in from European qualifications won’t be able to sustain that lack of match day income for too long. They may be desperate to sell at some point.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thiago to City
This would be beyond sick if he moved there.
KDB - Rodri - Thiago, doesn't get much better than this. They have Gündogan for Thiagos place, but with City you never know.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I don't care if Chambers stays or go but 12M is a joke. He was their best player when we loaned him and he will be again if they buy him.

Mihai

Notice how, now that these idiots think Sancho is off the cards, they have no idea what to talk about in relation to United. Just goes to show the whole thing was made up.
Slightly off-topic, but i saw you yesterday in New Cavendish street.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wing-back Timothy Castagne might be on the move after Atalanta's CL campaign. His opponents today, PSG, enquired about him earlier in the season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Werder Bremen are having a tough time securing the loan deal. There are still several agreements that need to be made before this is completed.

Source: Bild

Quotes:
There is still a lot to be clarified. I’ve been in business long enough to know that a transfer like this can fail because of many things.
It has not yet been decided and there is still no final agreement between the various parties. But we’re working on winning Tahith over so that he can play in the Werder jersey this season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Torino are still negotiating for Ricardo Rodriguez. To avoid making a loss, Milan don't want to sell him for less than 3.5 million Euros.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
TuttoMercatoWeb reached out to Bakayoko over some comments on his future.

His quotes (plus David Amoyal's views):

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What do people think about enquiring on Adama Traore?

No CL/Europa league next season, 24, Right Winger, fecking mustard. Only sticking point is the long contract. Decent alternative to Sancho?
Very inconsistent for a 24 year old.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Huh, Joe Bryan actually got linked to Leceister City somehow! :lol:

The first point and the featured quote are the only things that matter regarding some sort of transfer news.

peridigm

What do people think about enquiring on Adama Traore?

No CL/Europa league next season, 24, Right Winger, fecking mustard. Only sticking point is the long contract. Decent alternative to Sancho?
Would be a better option than James off the bench.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Rangers are looking to get Andreas Skov Olsen of Bologna on loan, but Bologna would rather sell him for a good deal than give him away on loan.

Quote from Walter Sabatini, Bologna director of football:
If one of Baldursson, Skov Olsen or Svanberg are to leave, it won’t happen on loan, and above all with an offer you can’t refuse.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
You and fridge chutney

The difference is that I post European football news from teams that various football fans would typically follow/watch. That Juan Jesus news, in particular, is a way for Roma to free up their wages. That might allow them to be back in the chase for Chris Smalling.

Let me know what you're interested in. Maybe I've posted some stuff that you'd like to check out. If it's just United-related transfer news, then there isn't anything else available other than the Sancho transfer updates.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
(As expected, they're putting their focus on Havertz and may conduct the rest of their business later; so much for conducting transfers in parallel.)

(@Solius)

Walters_19_MuFc

Juventus is paying him silly wage for his worth (not cheap). 30 years old. Injury prone. He does well for Wales at least when I saw him, but with his club record, he's anything but goalscoring midfielder.
I believe he was paid 'silly' wages because he was a free transfer. Whatever he's getting now is certainly not the same wage he'd be picking up at another club.

I think it'd be worth a punt.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The difference is that I post European football news from teams that various football fans would typically follow/watch. That Juan Jesus news, in particular, is a way for Roma to free up their wages. That might allow them to be back in the chase for Chris Smalling.

Let me know what you're interested in. Maybe I've posted some stuff that you'd like to check out. If it's just United-related transfer news, then there isn't anything else available other than the Sancho transfer updates.
More the bulk updates that don't really say much. More confirmed things would be nice I guess.

Mihai

Scholes pictures, obviously.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More the bulk updates that don't really say much. More confirmed things would be nice I guess.
You have no idea of how much news I filter through to display only the key updates and confirmed news. :lol:

Today, for example, I showed a key update on Chong's loan, Castagne's future being up in the air, Waldschmidt's transfer to Benfica, and a confirmation that Spurs are going after right backs this transfer window (to name a few).

If the updates appear a bit too frequent, then I'm actually happy about that; people complain about United's apparently slower transfer activity without realising that other clubs take as long if not longer.

Brophs

The One and Only

I remember in his early days at Arsenal people on here absolutely losing their shit about how Arsenal had managed to get him and we hadn't been in for him. A strong Roberto Martinez vibe from that time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You have no idea of how much news I filter through to display only the key updates and confirmed news. :lol:

Today, for example, I showed a key update on Chong's loan, Castagne's future being up in the air, Waldschmidt's transfer to Benfica, and a confirmation that Spurs are going after right backs this transfer window (to name a few).
Do half of the Caf even know who these people are?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Do half of the Caf even know who these people are?
For people who follow the Serie A and Bundesliga, yeah. Castagne has regularly featured at wing back for Atalanta (off the bench and some starts) and had several good performances. Waldschmidt was one of the stars of the 2019 U21 European Championship but has since stagnated somewhat.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't care if Chambers stays or go but 12M is a joke. He was their best player when we loaned him and he will be again if they buy him.
Hang on, you're saying 12m is too little?!

Status
Not open for further replies.