Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

You would think some of the fringe players not getting a sniff at United, would be demanding their agents find them a club willing to let them kick a football.

After last season you can’t tell me Rojo, Jones & Pereira are happy. Even Mata must prefer playing in the sunshine back in Spain for the final year or 2 of his career.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You would think some of the fringe players not getting a sniff at United, would be demanding their agents find them a club willing to let them kick a football.

After last season you can’t tell me Rojo, Jones & Pereira are happy. Even Mata must prefer playing in the sunshine back in Spain for the final year or 2 of his career.
You would think that but then someone within the club gave the majority of our squad players fat contracts.

ti vu

If you’re Leipzig do you take say €60m now or the release clause next year?

Take it and run you little scamps.
Next year. The release clause all paid up front is better in term of accounting. Then, in this age, replacing a quality player can costly, and risky. The loss in transfer fee, can be covered with the player helping the team achieving season objectives. There is winter window to sell. So buy replacement, see how they do for half season. Sell in winter if replacement doing well. Some clubs would be more desperate to seal the deal then to avoid competition next summer.

Last but not least, in some cases, a better than expected season may change the player mind thus extending his contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't know much about Andreas and Jones's situatinos, but Rojo has wanted out of United for the past year and a half. We've been looking to sell him for that time, and other than the Everton link and Estudiantes loan deal, there haven't been many transfer stories on Rojo.

Last edited:

binary bot

Reality is that the agent comes back and says we've found you a club but they'll pay you 50% of what you're getting now. Lingard, pereira and Mata aren't in bad situations. Lingard can sit for a year and get a decent signing on fee, pereira has time on his side and Mata has done it all. Rojo and Jones are the ones in awkward positions, deciding between money or actually playing football.

Withnail

Next year. The release clause all paid up front is better in term of accounting. Then, in this age, replacing a quality player can costly, and risky. The loss in transfer fee, can be covered with the player helping the team achieving season objectives. There is winter window to sell. So buy replacement, see how they do for half season. Sell in winter if replacement doing well. Some clubs would be more desperate to seal the deal then to avoid competition next summer.

Last but not least, in some cases, a better than expected season may change the player mind thus extending his contract.
It does make the books look better but that's why they add the full figure to the books immediately regardless of whether they are to receive it in installments, isn't it?

ti vu

Money.

These players wouldn't get into any mid table teams with ambition to get into European competition, especially with their wage demand.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Pereira started about 40 games last season, why should he have been unhappy with last year?

ti vu

It does make the books look better but that's why they add the full figure to the books immediately regardless of whether they are to receive it in installments, isn't it?
The point goes hand with next point I made. They need to sign replacement which when selling clubs notice, the any advantage would be negated. Holding on to a player, they can sign the replacement first at best price possible.

Leipzig had experience dealing with 2 other similar notable deals in Werner and Naby Keita cases. In the end they were able to extract a little higher than release clause transfer fee while keeping the players for a certain period to prepare for the departures.

This is all in context of 60m euro compared to the rumored release clause. A crazier fee would change the dynamic of course.

Last edited:

Jam

I think centre backs have to leave our club first for this to happen. I think this has legs though and could happen.
This is absolutely the situation - we’ll heavily go for him but that is dependent on us shifting two of Smalling/Jones/Rojo first or having solid leads of them leaving.

ti vu

Why would Bartomeu name-drop Lautaro if they never even officially met up with Inter? That seems a little weird to me.
I think Bartomeu tried to play a tactic out of Florentino Perez book: publicly show interest, and let the player do the dance to push for the move (burning bridges with the club in the process). The other club has no option other than talking with Madrid come transfer window.

Florentino Perez is master in going behind the other clubs back with the players. Question is whether Bartomeu is comparably competent and had struck any firm agreement with Lautaro?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think Bartomeu tried to play a tactic out of Florentino Perez book: publicly show interest, and let the player do the dance to push for the move (burning bridges with the club in the process). The other club has no option other than talking with Madrid come transfer window.

Florentino Perez is master in going behind the other clubs back with the players. Question is whether Bartomeu is comparably competent and had struck any firm agreement with Lautaro?
Lautaro never mentioned anything about any supposed contacts at any point nor did he ever look flustered. The coaching staff also talked about how Lautaro has been professional and focused throughout the time.

Looks like Barto tried and failed with that approach.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Pereira started about 40 games last season, why should he have been unhappy with last year?
Started 25 games, but then played less than 90 minutes in total in the 14 matches following lockdown, should be pretty clear to him he's not going to play much at all next season.

Infra-red

They know that no other club will pay them anything like the wage they are getting at United.

Faced with the prospect of taking a massive paycut, they have decided that they'd rather just warm a bench (or sit at home watching it on the telly).

Robertd0803

Oh those days bidding for Perisic.
Goodluck,Bayern.
Surprised they havent requested Lewandowski in exchange.

He would actually be a good buy.
Yeah thats very true. He would have been a good buy for us as well when Mourinho wanted him but not at the cost that was quoted. I think some people then under rated him because of the insane deal Inter wanted.

RuudTom83

If Pereira is sat at home now thinking...
“I started 40 games last season, not bad! not bad! my future at United is looking very good indeed!”

Then he might be in for a shock when he turns up to see yet another players has been bought to play ahead of him.

My point was, some of them are decent players, he could easily play in Spain, sure he would have to take a pay cut, but come on! they have enough money and the sheer effort it takes to become a professional footballer, to just waste your best year making up the numbers in a squad is crazy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Roma are already progressing towards signings their Castagne replacement.

Karsdorp will sign a contract extension with Roma and then go out on loan with an obligation to buy for 7 million Euros. This sort of feels like an NBA sign-and-trade deal.

Borussia Teeth

To
Whilst I appreciate the playground insult, nobody in their right mind puts Fred in the City, Liverpool or Chelsea midfield so why exactly should he be starting the first game of the season for us?
Well Pep wanted to buy him for City's midfield. He would suit pool's high energy midfield and is better than the likes of Ox/Milner/Kieta. I think he would start in Chelsea's midfield over jorginho and maybe the current (declining) version of Kante. I rate him highly and think he was a star in some of our top performances this season: Spurs (home), (City home and away), Chelsea (away). Many players should be sold before him imo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Pereira is sat at home now thinking...
“I started 40 games last season, not bad! not bad! my future at United is looking very good indeed!”

Then he might be in for a shock when he turns up to see yet another players has been bought to play ahead of him.

My point was, some of them are decent players, he could easily play in Spain, sure he would have to take a pay cut, but come on! they have enough money and the sheer effort it takes to become a professional footballer, to just waste your best year making up the numbers in a squad is crazy.
Somebody has to be a squad player. I agree that he should leave, but from his perspective, I don’t think there’s anything wrong in feeling you have a role to play as part of a 25. That’s the nature of the current game.

ManRed

Quite a nothing comment by Sky. Its been at this stage for past 2 weeks. Manutd are relaxed, there is no bid, Sancho will have to tell BVB that he wants to leave. Guess we more looking at other deals now and selling before finalising this one.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Same story from yesterday same points he was making years ago. I suppose it is promising that it hasn’t been ruled out yet though. Will go down to the wire.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Quite a nothing comment by Sky. Its been at this stage for past 2 weeks. Manutd are relaxed, there is no bid, Sancho will have to tell BVB that he wants to leave. Guess we more looking at other deals now and selling before finalising this one.
Yes however, nice to see they still think he’s our number one target regardless.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This constantly repeated ‘if we don’t buy now, we’d have loads of competition next summer’ thing is massively overstated to me.

Firstly, the two clubs long rumoured to be favourites and of highest interest to Sancho are United and Chelsea. It is pretty fecking evident that Chelsea could afford h THIS summer if they wanted to, or perhaps more importantly, if he actually wanted to go there.

City have also been mentioned. They are trying to spend the world on Messi, same applies.

Real and Barca are reasonably conversations, although there is almost no chance Barcelona could afford him next summer either, so to me - that only leaves Real. Plus Barcelona are shite anyway ao who cares?

PSG could also buy him tomorrow if they wanted to.

I’d say realistically, Real and Liverpool could be feasible new options for him next summer, otherwise any other potential destination could buy this summer, but Sancho clearly knows where he wants to go.

RUCK4444

This constantly repeated ‘if we don’t buy now, we’d have loads of competition next summer’ thing is massively overstated to me.

Firstly, the two clubs long rumoured to be favourites and of highest interest to Sancho are United and Chelsea. It is pretty fecking evident that Chelsea could afford h THIS summer if they wanted to, or perhaps more importantly, if he actually wanted to go there.

City have also been mentioned. They are trying to spend the world on Messi, same applies.

Real and Barca are reasonably conversations, although there is almost no chance Barcelona could afford him next summer either, so to me - that only leaves Real. Plus Barcelona are shite anyway ao who cares?

PSG could also buy him tomorrow if they wanted to.

I’d say realistically, Real and Liverpool could be feasible new options for him next summer, otherwise any other potential destination could buy this summer, but Sancho clearly knows where he wants to go.
Sorry but even if that is the case and only these two other teams were in competition with us for his signing then I disagree it’s understated. That’s more than enough reason imo.

Every chance we don’t have CL football and that he gets his head turned elsewhere as

It’s our priority signing, for a grossly neglected area of the pitch for us, whats the point of waiting to risk having that competition and potentially years more of this club neglecting RW?

I’m in the camp of this being a ‘this year or never’ type signing. And I believe this one would sting more than missing out on the Hazards and Thiago’s of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.