Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

There is no way he leaves for free.. Barca might accept he wants to go and accept a reasonable bid.. but cant see him walking out on a free.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I have no fecking clue of what the Messis are arguing about there. He has a contract at Barcelona and they have right to a compensation as he is a club asset and one cold argue, the best asset. I know he wants to leave but wanting to leave on a free is incredibly wishful thinking.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I have no fecking clue of what the Messis are arguing about there. He has a contract at Barcelona and they have right to a compensation as he is a club asset and one cold argue, the best asset. I know he wants to leave but wanting to leave on a free is incredibly wishful thinking.
If he has a legitimate unilateral release clause there is nothing Barca could do, and shouldn’t have let it be included in the first place.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why on earth did they agree to that clause anyway regardless on when the date it had to be triggered by was? I was under the impression the clause was to allow him to join a non European club, basically a move back to Argentina or the MLS basically, as was reported in a few places well over a year ago.

The fact it appears it was a clause to allow him to move to any club he chooses makes me think this City move has been in the offing for ages and been planned. Barca are crazy for allowing that clause to start with too. Not that he'd ever have the balls to go through with it but in reality what would have stopped Real Madrid going for him?

Affirmation

" Exclusive preview of: MESSI STAYS IN BARCELONA!

TO BE CONTINUE..."

Fabrizio Romano retweeted this.

RyRoc

Is it just me or do these sentences make little sense?
It's because it's a direct translation from Spanish and from my experience direct translations from Spanish to English especially when the topic of conversation is quite high can make a sentence difficult to understand.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He'll go for about 150-200m. He'll not be anywhere near as good as he should be for that price but because it's Messi and not Cristiano, he'll get lauded by pundits and be heralded as their saviour - Even though KDB will undoubtedly be their best player again.

Talksport were already asking "if he joins, is he the greatest player in PL history?". Let's let him have a fecking game first should we, never mind a season.

sparx99

Seems like a bad translation. I would read it as 'We aren't sure which contract La Liga have analysed in order to come to the conclusion there is a €700m release clause ' applicable in the event that the player decides to urge the unilateral termination of the same '.

It seems to infer the Messi's have a contract with different wording to that of Barcelona or that the interpretation of the contract is very much debatable. If there was a unilateral clause at the 'conclusion of the 2019-20 season' then you can see how this could well be interpreted differently and could end up in court.

sewey89

I've literally just watched a 11min video on this now.
And as water is in fact not wet, I'm gonna be that arse that rejects that comment every time somebody says it
In fairness, if you've spent 11 minutes watching a video about that, then you absolutely have the right to reject it

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I've literally just watched a 11min video on this now.
And as water is in fact not wet, I'm gonna be that arse that rejects that comment every time somebody says it
Exactly! You can't unknow it now and you must spread the word.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely that's just posturing. They can't keep the club legend against his will, at 33, costing them what he does. I suspect they are hoping for a mega money offer from City to fix their horrendous finances.

iHicksy

Maybe do some reading then. Yes he has a contract, that's the entire point.

The barcelona board have agreed to a stipulation within it which allows termination of the contract if messi wishes to leave at the end of any given season. It's been in his contract for years. It was also in Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta's. It's not wishful thinking. He literally has a clause allowing him to leave on a free at the end of the season if he so wishes. The issue at hand, and what the "Messis are arguing about there" is that Barca are saying that the contract stated he could only leave on a free at the end of the season during a specific date / time period stipulated in the contract. Messi was originally saying that this should not be applicable as a date since the season was extended. They are now saying that actually, no such date even exists - It simply specifies at the end of the season.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe do some reading then. Yes he has a contract, that's the entire point.

The barcelona board have agreed to a stipulation within it which allows termination of the contract if messi wishes to leave at the end of any given season. It's been in his contract for years. It was also in Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta's. It's not wishful thinking. He literally has a clause allowing him to leave on a free at the end of the season if he so wishes. The issue at hand, and what the "Messis are arguing about there" is that Barca are saying that the contract stated he could only leave on a free at the end of the season during a specific date / time period stipulated in the contract. Messi was originally saying that this should not be applicable as a date since the season was extended. They are now saying that actually, no such date even exists - It simply specifies at the end of the season.
It says end of season ??? Then barca dont have e leg to stand on.

DavelinaJolie

Should be pretty simple, show the clause in the contract that states there is a situation where he can unilaterally void the contract/leave on a free. If you can't, shut the hell up.

sewey89

Should be pretty simple, show the clause in the contract that states there is a situation where he can unilaterally void the contract/leave on a free. If you can't, shut the hell up.
I think the discrepancy is that Messi believed it to be 'before start of 20/21 season'. Barca believe it to be 'before end of June 2020'.

The wording is what matters. I think messi hoped that they'd let him go despite it saying June and barca aren't up for that at all.

I would imagine that legally, Messi has no leg to stand on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cagliari are making an effort to get back Nainggolan from Inter, but they don't have control of the transfer.

Other bits of info:
  • Close to signing Sottil (Fiorentina) and Zappa (Pescara)
  • Chasing Lennart Czyborra (Atalanta)
EDIT: Speaking of Czyborra...

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Benevento might be the team to watch in Serie A next season. They've now signed Gianluca Caprari from Sampdoria.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A reminder that Doucoure will join Everton:

Translation:
Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure will engage with Everton. The player is already there. 4-year contract. Transfer fee between 22 and 25 million Euros.

peridigm

Can someone explain to me why Barca gave Messi a contract that lets him leave for free before a certain date at the end of the season if the contract runs for multiple seasons? What do they have to gain from that? At the time of the contract, there was never anything to suggest he would leave anyway and they inserted the €700m release clause. If reports are accurate, he could have left for free before June 30th, 2020, but July 1st, the price is €700m until June 30th, 2021. Rinse and repeat.

What am I missing?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
From Di Marzio's Spanish correspondent:

Translation:
Nothing imminent for Sergio Reguilon. There are still many options on the table, mainly Chelsea, Manchester United, returning to Real Madrid, or staying with Sevilla.

macheda14

Can someone explain to me why Barca gave Messi a contract that lets him leave for free before a certain date at the end of the season if the contract runs for multiple seasons? What do they have to gain from that? At the time of the contract, there was never anything to suggest he would leave anyway and they inserted the €700m release clause. If reports are accurate, he could have left for free before June 30th, 2020, but July 1st, the price is €700m until June 30th, 2021. Rinse and repeat.

What am I missing?
He runs the club, I’m pretty sure he has full control over all the contract renewals. They would slide a paper over and ask what his terms are.

peridigm

He runs the club, I’m pretty sure he has full control over all the contract renewals. They would slide a paper over and ask what his terms are.
Oy vey. And everyone thinks United is run by a bunch of wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.