Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

Romano sticking to his guns here where as most journalists with their reputation on the line would have backed down amidst all the other conflicting speculation over the transfer.

For that reason i'm inclined to believe him.
As we have an agreement with Sancho it would explain we have not made an offer to Sancho until he picks up his bonus payments.

Hal9000

What i find interesting is that Fab is the only guy backing the agent and wages is fine, fee is the issue.

All other journo's however are adamant that the fee is fine, wages and agent is the issue.

Wonder why two very reliable sources of information are totally inverse on this transfer
Because for Woodward is looks better to be seen as standing up against outrageous agent fees, than not stumping up the cash for a player we've been chasing for 2 seasons.

I also i suspect lot of English media is being briefed by United, Fab is probably closer to Dortmund or either the agents involved themselves.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
As we have an agreement with Sancho it would explain we have not made an offer to Sancho until he picks up his bonus payments.
Snacho doesn't seem like the type for such a dick move, though

Zoo

Real Madrid can't stand Bale anymore and is willing to pay him to kick him out of the club

Fletchageddon

The thing about this bonus is Dortmund will just add on the bonus amount to the transfer fee and then we will have waited for absolutely no reason other than for the player not to pay tax.

Pavl3n

Real Madrid can't stand Bale anymore and is willing to pay him to kick him out of the club
Who will pay the money? Will Gareth want to go to wherever they're ready to pay up such salary?
And above all, which top club would want a player causing as much trouble as him?
I don't see a team in Germany, I don't see a team in Spain, I don't see a team in Italy, nor France. Only team I could see is some PL wannabe - Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle

RC89

Who will pay the money? Will Gareth want to go to wherever they're ready to pay up such salary?
And above all, which top club would want a player causing as much trouble as him?
I don't see a team in Germany, I don't see a team in Spain, I don't see a team in Italy, nor France. Only team I could see is some PL wannabe - Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle
Maybe he can get that China move? Gets paid by Real to leave early and then get paid silly money in China. Living the dream.

LonelyFire

A lot of German fans say this - take a look at how he got out of City.

Different circumstances absolutely but idea he isn’t capable of acting up is just plain wrong. He’s been respectful to a club who have given him a platform and that is how he should behave. That said, unless Utd leak that they are ending their interest then I absolutely can see him agitating.

Varun1

Have I missed something, what has he done?

SaboTaj

If true, how is it a dick move? He and his agent are contractually bound to receive a time-bound (and international appearances bound) bonus.
This is pretty normative behaviour in any line of work wherein if you do want to change jobs and are due a bonus soon, you rightfully pick up the bonus (because usually it is reflective of the work you’ve already put in) and then make the move.

SaboTaj

The thing about this bonus is Dortmund will just add on the bonus amount to the transfer fee and then we will have waited for absolutely no reason other than for the player not to pay tax.
If i was the club I’d rather pay that amount as a part of some future instalment to Dortmund than pay it right now as a part of the signing-on fee to Sancho and his agent (assuming they’ll want United to cover for the lost bonuses). 5 million (Hypothetical figure) paid 1-3 years down the line will always be less in value than 5 million paid right now.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
If true, how is it a dick move? He and his agent are contractually bound to receive a time-bound (and international appearances bound) bonus.
This is pretty normative behaviour in any line of work wherein if you do want to change jobs and are due a bonus soon, you rightfully pick up the bonus (because usually it is reflective of the work you’ve already put in) and then make the move.
Delaying a move just for some bonus to trigger that's tied to England caps is opportunism cranked up to 11. That aside, if you really want out while still having 3 years on a contract with no RC, you'll probably take distance from such ideas

SaboTaj

Delaying a move just for some bonus to trigger that's tied to England caps is opportunism cranked up to 11. That aside, if you really want out while still having 3 years on a contract with no RC, you'll probably take distance from such ideas
I for one wouldn’t blame him for not leaving money at the table, especially if he is confident that the transfer will get done.

Withnail

Are we interested again? Thought that was back in Jan and nothing since.
Yeah, in the article Ornstein claims we are.

Apparently King's preference is Old Trafford and Ole is 'keen but United's hierarchy have not given a clear indication of whether they want to make an offer.'

Valuation is £15-20m

NYAS

Wot. I hope we have someone else then, or we only have 3 wingers for 2 positions, again.
1 of which is definitely injury-prone, another who is arguably injury-prone and only one who seems to be completely reliable fitness-wise. Your 4th-choice winger is going to have to be of a better quality than most 4th-choice wingers. Who’s it going to be? Why not go for Rashica?

croadyman

Yeah, in the article Ornstein claims we are.

Apparently King's preference is Old Trafford and Ole is 'keen but United's hierarchy have not given a clear indication of whether they want to make an offer.'

Valuation is £15-20m
Would not be a good idea to prioritise signing him over either a LB or RW because rightly so there would be uproar

Adamsk7

Thing is, I don’t think the club are stupid enough to announce Josh King as our next signing. They know there would be massive uproar.
if we get Sancho and Reguilon then it’s a good time to be like “oh and we signed Josh king for striker back up for £15m” and most of our fan base would accept that. If it’s Van De Beek THEN King......

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
1 of which is definitely injury-prone, another who is arguably injury-prone and only one who seems to be completely reliable fitness-wise. Your 4th-choice winger is going to have to be of a better quality than most 4th-choice wingers. Who’s it going to be? Why not go for Rashica?
Sancho. :wenger: :lol:

Pep's Suit

Barca signing Depay and Wijnaldum. Somehow doubt that's gonna make Messi happier.

dinostar77

Who are we talking about here?
Sancho
He was discussed briefly in the Transfer Window podcast yesterday. Said Spurs are interested but cant afford him (fee and wages). If Madrid let him go on a free i guess he'd have to take a paycut to go to spurs. I cant see that happening at 31. Take the money, enjoy the sunshine and play golf.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thing is, I don’t think the club are stupid enough to announce Josh King as our next signing. They know there would be massive uproar.
if we get Sancho and Reguilon then it’s a good time to be like “oh and we signed Josh king for striker back up for £15m” and most of our fan base would accept that. If it’s Van De Beek THEN King......
VDB, Sancho, Reguilon and then Josh King ???

Jesus you might want to reign in your expectations there mate. That's circa £180-200m right there. I can tell you now for certain that's not happening. No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.