Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavl3n

Have I missed something, what has he done?
Didn't he refuse to play or something in the lines? It just happened recently, can't remember if it was against City in the Champions League or in the league.

Pavl3n

Sancho

He was discussed briefly in the Transfer Window podcast yesterday. Said Spurs are interested but cant afford him (fee and wages). If Madrid let him go on a free i guess he'd have to take a paycut to go to spurs. I cant see that happening at 31. Take the money, enjoy the sunshine and play golf.
I think it was Bale, that was suggested to be taken on loan to us for a stop gap until we bring Sancho.

Anyhow, back on Bale - I don't think he would leave Madrid on a free as they have to pay off his contract. If there's a club genuinely interested in him, it won't be much of a pay cut, since he'll be joining as a free agent. But then I'm curious which club would be ready to put up with his antics.
How does Levy, for example, confidently offer Bale 300k a week, without worrying for a moment that Gareth could at any moment say "I don't like working with Mourinho - Wales, Golf, working with Jose - in that order."

It's a really curious case as there is a good player and athlete in him, but his mentality is questionable. I'm interested to see how does this saga unfold. My best guess is he runs down his contract, whilst enjoying the sun and improving his approach play, and then struggling to get a contract at a top club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More Bayern stories from Falk:

Alaba might be on the move after all.

EDIT: Hansi, however, will still plan with him and Thiago in mind if they do stay.

MichaelRed

More Bayern stories from Falk:

Alaba might be on the move after all.
A player that can play CB, LB & CDM. 3 positions we need a signing in for depth. This would just be such an intelligent transfer for us to do but I don't feel like we will.

Pavl3n

Perisic to Bayern is off

I must say I wasn't really rating Perisic, especially during the transfer saga we had with him. But after his world cup performances and watching some Bayern games I think he's a very good player. He could be very useful here, but we're crying out for a right winger, not left.

Varun1

Didn't he refuse to play or something in the lines? It just happened recently, can't remember if it was against City in the Champions League or in the league.
You mean when he was told he wouldn't feature therefore decided he wouldn't travel with the team?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Saul talks about him getting linked to big clubs like United.

Original source: the Marca newspaper

Quotes:
[On how he took to the rumours] Very well indeed. I am very flattered that a club like Manchester United or other teams ask about me, take me into consideration, for me it is very positive, and that strong people in those clubs speak well of you means I am doing things well at Atletico.

[On Atletico being concerned by these links] I don’t think so, they have never transmitted that to me from the club.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Flick wants to reinforce his squad as he finds it to be too small. Obviously, this would be the case now that the loanees have returned to their parent clubs.

Translation:
Squad to small! Our story: Flick calls for reinforcements.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Roma were initially in the lead to get Nehuen Perez on loan from Atletico Madrid, but they also wanted an option to buy. Atletico don't want to lose such a promising talent yet. As a result, Parma have taken the lead given that they're with not having any option to buy Perez.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Minor news: United will pay 1 million Pounds more when Dan James has his next appearance with 20 or more minutes.

Pavl3n

Minor news: United will pay 1 million Pounds more when Dan James has his next appearance with 20 or more minutes.
Are there people who have subscribed for theathletic?
Do you feel happy with the subscription?

I didn't want to open a whole thread, nor I want to derail this one.
Curious. I forgot to cancel just before the trial ran out, don't see anything fancy or worthy in there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently, we submitted an offer for Victor Osimhen, but the player rejected the offer out of respect for Odion Ighalo. Seems legit... :wenger:

Original source

Note: Victor's agent previously claimed that Liverpool and Tottenham both tried to sign him as well.

Quotes:
It is very true that Manchester United wanted Victor but he told me something like he had too much respect for Odion Ighalo to be competing for shirts with his senior colleague. My brother holds Ighalo in high esteem and he just didn’t see himself going to Old Trafford to battle for a striking role with the highest goalscorer at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
maybe that's why we cant afford to pay Sancho his £1.5m Dortmund bonus fee. Have the balance to books.
#JadONSanchON

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Memphis has reached an agreement with Barcelona, but there's no club agreement yet. Barcelona are also talking to Wijnaldum's agents.

Dan_F

Curious. I forgot to cancel just before the trial ran out, don't see anything fancy or worthy in there.
There’s already a thread somewhere, but you’d have to search for it, as I haven’t seen it bumped for a while.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Leeds apparently have gotten another signing over the line: 18-year-old Crysencio Summerville from Feyenoord.

EDIT: Price is 1 million Euros.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This would be a massive signing for Fulham. Apparently, they could get Alphonse Areola on loan from PSG.

Translation:
Alphonse Areola is in the process of joining Fulham on loan. The keeper, already in London for several weeks, conducted part of his medical examination.

Tarrou

Ivanovic is too slow for PL football surely

he was three years ago when he left tbf

Dearg hÉireann

I got the trial but I found it very underwhelming to be honest.
I follow a lot of the football writers on twitter and many of them moved from various newspapers to the Athletic once it entered the UK market so I was a little bit curious to see what the standard was like. Twitter headlines make it look like the dog's Bo**ox but yeah, it's not great.

Reactions: Sultan

Amerifan

I think it was Bale, that was suggested to be taken on loan to us for a stop gap until we bring Sancho.

Anyhow, back on Bale - I don't think he would leave Madrid on a free as they have to pay off his contract. If there's a club genuinely interested in him, it won't be much of a pay cut, since he'll be joining as a free agent. But then I'm curious which club would be ready to put up with his antics.
How does Levy, for example, confidently offer Bale 300k a week, without worrying for a moment that Gareth could at any moment say "I don't like working with Mourinho - Wales, Golf, working with Jose - in that order."

It's a really curious case as there is a good player and athlete in him, but his mentality is questionable. I'm interested to see how does this saga unfold. My best guess is he runs down his contract, whilst enjoying the sun and improving his approach play, and then struggling to get a contract at a top club.
Someone will take him on and he may be brilliant, but I wouldn’t let him anywhere near our side. That last thing our young players need is someone with a crap attitude. That’s why dumping Lukaku and Sanchez was such a priority, even though one of them contributed a lot of goals.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Burke joins Sheffield United from West Brom; Callum Robinson joins West Brom from Sheffield United

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That’s still 300k which is too much. No club will do it.
Double that actually. But if he's out of contract he'll settle for less yearly over a longer deal i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.