Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

No chance. What top club will be interested at the price Palace will want (especially factoring in the 25% clause we have)?

He’s 28 soon and whilst that’s by no means old, for his price tag clubs will want a longer term investment.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
No chance. What top club will be interested at the price Palace will want (especially factoring in the 25% clause we have)?

He’s 28 soon and whilst that’s by no means old, for his price tag clubs will want a longer term investment.
Wonder if there's a way for us to waive our 25% if they sell to Dortmund

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I thought FFP was lifted for this period? Or there is some fine print?
I don't think it has been lifted, they just relaxed some criterias and some will be adjusted and slide through next season.

GwilDor

Trabzonspor have received a formal offer for Alexander Sorloth from RB Leipzig.

I don't know why they're announcing this or why they're receiving the offer when he's Crystal Palace's player.
Two reasons:
1: He was loaned to Trabzonspor for two years. A transfer this summer would mean an early termination of that contract.
2. Trabzonspor has an option to buy for about £7mill included in the loan deal. Confirmed by the agent. (Norwegian source)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Two reasons:
1: He was loaned to Trabzonspor for two years. A transfer this summer would mean an early termination of that contract.
2. Trabzonspor has an option to buy for about £7mill included in the loan deal. Confirmed by the agent. (Norwegian source)
So if Trabzonspor's receiving the offer, then we should be expecting an announcement from either them or Crystal Palace of a Sorloth permanent transfer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
No big club will buy Zaha. His level is CP. I feel for him but he needs to lower his ambitions. If he was good enough, he'd be gone by now.
I think you quoted the wrong post, but I agree, I don't think he's good enough for a top club unless he wants to be a backup player.

GwilDor

I’m guessing they’re just holding off on that until its done and duated. Crystal Palace probably staying quiet since they fecked up with a bad deal in the first place :lol:
surprised like you though, would kind of expect this to stay quiet until the announcement of a completed deal.

M Utd

It’s partly increased scrutiny and partly an era of ultra professionalism. The most enigmatic players of the past were flawed individuals. From George Best to Eric Cantona to Zidane their all had issues which don’t really fly anymore.

Players like Lewandowski, Kane, Kante, Mane, Salah, VVD etc are all players who’s are at their peak and amazing players but they all lack ‘personality’.

As soon as a player behaves differently like Pogba does we talk about their hairstyle or social media activities and moan about it and blame that activity on a poor performance.
Great Post. Fully agree.
I think you are right about social media playing a huge role in how players are treating. It seems everyone is continually analysing players and all putting their two pennies worth in online. Back in say Eric's day you'd discuss him with your mates down the pub but wouldn't dedicate hours to reading forums and comments in different threads.

I wonder if the need to be an top top professional player their is a need to ensure they are constantly at their physical peak meaning you get less "characters"?

M Utd

Exactly this. Characters like Zlatan and Pogba get criticised whenever they show personality and people praise the bland characters as being more professional despite that not being true.
I think that is very true. I know the money is ridiculous now but I wonder if player had a little more "fun" back in the day when they would be out on the pass after a game on a regular basis. As prime athletes they can't get away with that these days of course but I've heard some cracking stories about players on nights out.

M Utd

Big fish, small pond. He'll flop at a big club just as he did at United the first time he tried to escape from Selhurst Park.
I think he's a different player now compared to the one that left Utd. As for being a flop I think it was a case of change of manager who didn't see him playing for their team(was brought by Sir Alex).

Id have to agree with you on the fact that he's unlikely to appeal to a big Big club. He may fit at a bigger club than Palace but your right in the fact he's a big fish currently and probably given licence to dictate where and how he plays within the team. He won't get such conditions elsewhere.

M Utd

It's up to us now whether we can land Sancho. Dortmund will come for sure.
I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if dortmund went for Zaha. He's not their usual type of signing as they would have to pay a fair amount of money and won't be expecting much in return from their investment given hes 28 (I think). I could be wrong though if they ask to remove the sell on fee if they agree to sell Sancho.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Sancho smokescreen for this....

Just joking he's going to Madrid or staying at PSG for ridiculous money.
No disrespect to France but he has to leave to test himself at the highest level consistently. Potentially a generational player but had to produce it in a top league over multiple seasons. England or Spain.

AsonUnique

No disrespect to France but he has to leave to test himself at the highest level consistently. Potentially a generational player but had to produce it in a top league over multiple seasons. England or Spain.
100% agree. I see him at Madrid but I could also see PSG giving him Messi wages to keep him.

SinNombre

Next summer will be the epic striker window, with both Mbappe and Haaland looking to move, and City, RM, Bayern, Juventus all in the market for a striker.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Maybe this is the reason for Liverpool's frugality this summer. I'd abandon our pursuit of Sancho too if there was a chance of getting Mbappe.
I wouldn’t. You don’t pause certain progress for “a chance”. You sign Sancho this summer if you can because he’s potentially world class in his own right. If you have a real shot at Mbappe next summer and have to sacrifice someone, then that’s what you do then. But if he goes elsewhere then you already have the pieces in place for a great front three.

Onerealunited

@mazhar13 on why trabzon can negotiate with Leipzig:

Trabzon has loaned him for 2 years and has a reasonable buy option on him. He had a crazy good season in Turkey last year and the interest for his services has therefore been great. If a 3rd club wants him they therefore need to negotiate a deal with Trabzonspor first. The rumors says that Leipzig have offered Trabzon a package about EUR 20m. Trabzonspor might pay EUr 9m to Palace due to the option. In other words the Turkish club can make a profit of about EUR 11m for a player they have just loaned for 1 season. Crazy good business

Blood Mage

Nobody could afford Mbappe. If he wants out of PSG he'll have to let his contract run down.

Blood Mage

Next summer will be the epic striker window, with both Mbappe and Haaland looking to move, and City, RM, Bayern, Juventus all in the market for a striker.
Haaland will 100% move to Bayern within the next couple of years. Nailed on Lewandowski replacement.

Sylar

Sancho as backup to Mason
Mbappe as backup to rashford
Then haaland as back up to martial
Sounds good

SmallCaine

Maybe this is the reason for Liverpool's frugality this summer. I'd abandon our pursuit of Sancho too if there was a chance of getting Mbappe.
Never happening, he will end up at either madrid or stay at psg. Just because liverpool won a title doesn't mean they suddenly get upgraded to the big boys table in the transfer market, they can't afford either the fee or the wages.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

ReddBalls

Haaland will 100% move to Bayern within the next couple of years. Nailed on Lewandowski replacement.
Why would he do that? He's not German. In fact, he has always been saying he wants PL, where his father played. He was also born in England (Leeds).Even though he chose BvB now, it would not be surprising if he reunited with OGS, which he holds in high regard.

Bayern is below clubs like United, Liverpool, Real, Barca as a dream destination for Norwegian players.

Status
Not open for further replies.