Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Weird signing, he isn't better than what they currently have in attack and it's in defensive positions that they need sorting far more than their attack.
He is Dutch, the coach is Dutch. Sometimes that is all it takes. I mean he is a good player, but is he expected to start at Barca? That would be a bit underwhelming. And it is a bit too expensive for broke Barca to spend this amount on a sub.

RyRoc

Surely Depay is being brought in as either a back up to Suarez (if he ends up staying) or back up to the striker they replace Suarez with? I can't believe Barca would bring Depay in to start as their first choice number 9 season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why doesn't he just say more likely to join Liverpool than coming back,surely he doesn't still give us a chance
He's not going to make assumptions or jump to conclusions. At this time, both Liverpool and United are in the same position; both teams reached out to Thiago's agents but have yet to reach out to Bayern Munchen. That's all he knows.

Only the German journalists have reported Thiago's apparent willingness to go to Liverpool.

SinNombre

Keep seeing this a lot but if there are no other takers for Smalling surely he’s only worth that? It’s better to just get rid at this stage. We don’t want him. Just move on and stop haggling over a couple of million.
United might think he is worth more for them as a 4th choice CB than €13m

croadyman

He's not going to make assumptions or jump to conclusions. At this time, both Liverpool and United are in the same position; both teams reached out to Thiago's agents but have yet to reach out to Bayern Munchen. That's all he knows.

Only the German journalists have reported Thiago's apparent willingness to go to Liverpool.
Bouhafsi also said that but not tweeted very much on this at all

roseguy64

Our lack of ambition this summer has been stunning.

We signed what looks like a promising player in VDB, because his Real Madrid deal fell through and he was available relatively cheaply.

We have spent the summer trying to get Dortmund to sell a player they don't want to sell for 30% than the price they would be willing to let him go for. United will probably claim to be surprised when the deal doesn't get done and they end up with someone like Douglas Costa.

Now we are trying to get Real to give us a good deal on their backup left back.

I really hoped we would build on last season.
It's Real Madrid who are offering us their backup LB to be our backup LB who started in the Europe League final a few weeks ago. We have the leverage and should make use of it. Why not try to bully Real in this deal?

roseguy64

Keep seeing this a lot but if there are no other takers for Smalling surely he’s only worth that? It’s better to just get rid at this stage. We don’t want him. Just move on and stop haggling over a couple of million.
Other clubs want him but his preference is Roma. He'll still have a chance to play lots of games for United if he stays so I doubt he wants to move to a club like Newcastle or similar.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How many of you think that there will be a 'Utd resume search for a DOF' briefing after this abomination of a window?

Blood Mage

Only E30m for a younger, better, more permanent backup for Martial than Ighalo? Why aren't we interested in matching Barcelona's Memphis bid?
He had his chance at United and blew it. He has unquestionably improved at Lyon but I still wouldn't take him back, there is a big question mark over his attitude.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

If Roma won’t pay up they can do one.
I agree. We should keep him instead. I prefer him over Lindelof in the PL but vice versa in CL games.
According to most of the caf, we should be as he’s better than Maguire.. at least that was the belief when he wasn’t at the club last year...
I don’t think he’s better than Maguire but he’ll compliment him better than Lindelof does in the PL.
Let the transfer dominoes fall (potentially).
I wonder if he’d be a good replacement for Ighalo at just €25m total. I think he’s a decent striker and would do even better with better players around him.

dove

Only E30m for a younger, better, more permanent backup for Martial than Ighalo? Why aren't we interested in matching Barcelona's Memphis bid?
Because he is an idiot, would rather sign nobody than him.

DarkDog

How many of you think that there will be a 'Utd resume search for a DOF' briefing after this abomination of a window?
I think this will be our narrative right after the start of October. Plus the narrative that we will go after Mbappe.

Crimson King

Isn't he supposed to be good? I remember Arsenal fans saying he was when Emery bought him
They raved about him for a few games, same with Guendouzi. So did most of the London based media, as they often do with Arsenal signings.

Now they're both considered surplus.

Pep's Suit

Isn't he supposed to be good? I remember Arsenal fans saying he was when Emery bought him
Arsenal fans think all their transfers are great. Two months back AFTV were shouting something about Torreira being worth £40m. Now he's likely to join Fiorentina for something like loan + £18m option or so..

Ekeke

Big nope. Saw him on loan for a match last season to see if he has what it takes to push on at Valencia and become a starter. Maybe. Its a maybe. A maybe for the team that finished 9th in la liga last season. Loads to prove at Valencia let alone a bigger club

Ekeke

He was pretty good for a young player in his first season in the premier league, but he wanted to leave after 1 season and didnt seem to be in the plans after that last season.

croadyman

If this is true, then I think our interest in Thiago is genuine.
Looks like one of the current midfielder will get sold
I wish our interest in him was genuine but think the scousers are just biding their time until the last week of window

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Big nope. Saw him on loan for a match last season to see if he has what it takes to push on at Valencia and become a starter. Maybe. Its a maybe. A maybe for the team that finished 9th in la liga last season. Loads to prove at Valencia let alone a bigger club
A match? As in one match?

Status
Not open for further replies.