Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's the Smalling money gone then I reckon...
They still lack central defenders in their team. They've started to play a back 3, so they'll need more defenders in their team. So far, this is who they have:
  • Gianluca Mancini
  • Roger Ibanez
  • Marash Kumbulla (subject to completion)
Mert Cetin's out on loan. Kolarov left for Inter. Fazio's leaving Roma. Juan Jesus will also leave them. They will definitely continue to negotiate for Smalling unless they get two more central defenders in before him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not sure why a buy back clause is such a bad thing especially in current times. He helps us for two years and fecks off for a decent fee.
Because he obviously doesn't want to be here if he wants to play in Madrid.
I'd rather get a player for the long term who wants to be here.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Real Madrid's demands on the Bale loan:

Translation:
I see that someone has not understood the Tweet. [British media?]

Tottenham offer:
- Real Madrid pay 50% of Bale's salary
- Spurs loan Dele Alli to Real Madrid, who pay 100% of the salary

Real Madrid's response:
- No
- Real Madrid will only loan out Bale if they pay 100% of the salary; no exchanges

prateik

600k/week.. 30m for a 1 year loan of a washed up crock. Yeah.. good luck.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I never said he wasn't. They've still been quiet, have they really closed that gapped to Liverpool?
He's only replacing Sane though so they not really added anything in that department. I think the reason they've been quiet in recent weeks is the've let themselves get sidetracked chasing up the Messi pipe dream that the targets they were planning on negotiating with were put on hold, and now they're starting to make contact again. As much as I'm glad Messi didn't end up at City, I just wished he could've dragged it out a little longer to stall their transfer business and they end up with no one else.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Its also the reports of him wanting to go back to Madrid...
He is hardly the finished player.. Take a young player.. develop him and he goes back.. why bother? We dont desperately need a LB.. we can look elsewhere.
Also a player "whos dream is to play for Real Madrid". I don't want anymore a player who thinks about next club even before signing for us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Juve are still pursuing Giroud and Suarez due to no recent development on Dzeko.
    • (Keep in mind that Giroud already expressed his desire to stay at Chelsea.)
  • Suarez had passed his Italian citizenship exam, but getting the citizenship itself can take a while.
    • Suarez might miss out on being registered into the Champions League group stage.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Happy to see we've seemingly abandoned the Reguilon race due to the buy-back clause nonsense. No point getting invested in a player who can practically leave for a fixed fee at any time. Like others have said, Spurs would be guaranteed to lose him if he becomes a success at their club.

That said, Reguilon obviously wants to keep the Madrid door open, so a move to Spurs is a win-win scenario for him - gets first-team football in the Premier League, continues playing in Europe and has that extra motivation that he can return to his dream club if he proves himself even further.

Would be a much better idea to get someone like Alex Telles instead and avoid dealing with Real Madrid's nonsense clauses.

As for Gareth Bale - couldn't be bothered if he goes back to Spurs or not. However, the remaining "reported" back ups to Sancho are even more underwhelming that Bale - Perisic (who's a left winger, so makes 0 sense here) and Douglas Costa (meh).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
AC Milan are still pursuing Chelsea's Bakayoko.
  • Progressing well
  • Milan want to take their time
    • Assess their Europa League process first
    • Sell someone before buying Bakayoko

croadyman

Well safe to say we have massively reached the end of our tether again these last couple of days, only hope is the club react and do something out of the blue like we saw with the VDB deal but certainly not holding my breath it could possibly happen again

roseguy64

Haha no as in he has constantly said we’re close to things all summer and has just been wrong constantly. I don’t think there’s been any moment he’s called anything right for us. More and more he’s looking like someone who just picks up the rumblings of rumours and goes with it. On r/soccer fans of other clubs are saying the same thing and confidence in him is waning. He’s going the same way as Di Marzio.
He's not actually said anything definitive about us signing anyone though. So it's just your muppet dreams being dashed. It's been him and other sources corroborating our interest in a few players and he's not said any here we go for any of our reported incomings. I don't hang onto his every word but what's he actually said that's been wrong?

roseguy64

Preach mate. Been saying it all summer and getting abuse from his gang of worshipers. He's a BS merchant just like his boss Di Marzio. They get some info on deals (usually involving Italian clubs). The rest is educated guess work and like you say they go with the strongest rumours.
You're right as per usual.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
No idea why Spurs are wasting any time on Bale. They're never going to pay even half his Madrid wages.
Would love to see them money on a Bale loan after wasting the 100M he earned them all those years ago :D

macheda14

You're right as per usual.
Are they right or just corroborating what I’ve said? No my issue is he’s no just exactly the same as most other journalists. Last season you felt everything he said was gospel now he just picks things up and when it seems to turn he always has a story about how it turned. He’s not broken any stories this season. Therefore he’s just yet another probably slightly well connected journo.

croadyman

I doubt Sancho is dependent on outgoings. It might have depended on who else we brought in though.
I initially belived that as well but if that's the case why are we dithering around til the last week of the window

chicha14

Sancho or not, I really wouldn't mind seeing Depay in a United shirt again. Don't we have some clause that gives us first option on him or something like that?

roseguy64

Are they right or just corroborating what I’ve said? No my issue is he’s no just exactly the same as most other journalists. Last season you felt everything he said was gospel now he just picks things up and when it seems to turn he always has a story about how it turned. He’s not broken any stories this season. Therefore he’s just yet another probably slightly well connected journo.
Well then that's your fault for believing him to be superhuman. He's dependent on stories being fed to him. From what I gather there are less transfers this summer. So be it.

macheda14

Well then that's your fault for believing him to be superhuman. He's dependent on stories being fed to him. From what I gather there are less transfers this summer. So be it.
Did I ever say I believed him to be superman. I just said he’s done as a super reliable source, which he was previously. He’s just another in a long line of journos who all report what each other are reporting.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I don’t think Romano is as reliable this year as previous years. Unless there’s been massive U-Turns in transfers, which are possible, he’s stuck his neck on the line a few times and it’s turned out to be wrong.

SAFMUTD

Not sure why a buy back clause is such a bad thing especially in current times. He helps us for two years and fecks off for a decent fee.
Its a loose-loose situation, scenario 1: Reguilon turns out to be shit, Madrid wont activate the buy back clause and we are stuck with a shitty player. Scenario 2: Reguilon turns out to be great, Madrid buys him back we make a shitty proffit of about 5-10M and we lose our left back.

We should never agree to buy a player which has a buy back clause, thats for clubs who's aim is to make profit by selling players instead of building competitive squads to win titles.

Cantonagotmehere

Burnley are in turmoil as two different American consortiums battle it out to buy the club. This has disrupted their summer transfer activity.

Summary:
  • Manager-chairman relationship broken down
  • Burnley hope for two new signings, but the players are worried about a lack of recruitment.
  • Six first-team players will be out of contract next summer.
    • Cork
    • Brady
    • Westwood
    • Lowton
    • Long
    • Bardsley
Please relegate and kick people down there.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Sancho or not, I really wouldn't mind seeing Depay in a United shirt again. Don't we have some clause that gives us first option on him or something like that?
He's an absolute asshole, squad harmony is super important in my opinion. We can match any agreed bid, but I really doubt that Ole would go near him.

Bondi77

Honestly think Hudson Odoi has all the talent to be a top player. He just needs to get out of Chelsea.
I’d have him at Utd in a heartbeat.
Totally agree,
We should be all over this and get him at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.