Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

He's only replacing Sane though so they not really added anything in that department. I think the reason they've been quiet in recent weeks is the've let themselves get sidetracked chasing up the Messi pipe dream that the targets they were planning on negotiating with were put on hold, and now they're starting to make contact again. As much as I'm glad Messi didn't end up at City, I just wished he could've dragged it out a little longer to stall their transfer business and they end up with no one else.
Everyone has been hit hard by COVID decimating the finances. Plus it doesnt hurt to keep some money aside as the initial pot for next summer when mbappe will alledgly be leaving PSG (The Transfer Window podcast from last night). PL or La Liga no preference for him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They've spent the past week negotiating for Reguilon only to lose out to Tottenham. There will be no movement this week, they need to return to the office and identify the next target.

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They've spent the past week negotiating for Reguilon onltly to lose out to Tottenham. There will be no movement this week, they need to return to the office and identify the next target.
Wrong, they need to consider possibly planning a new target. You're two steps ahead there.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What does "pre-emption" mean?
First Refusal. If any club offers X amount for the player that Spurs are willing to accept, then Spurs must inform Real and if Real match that amount, Spurs must accept their bid.

kkengvib

What does "pre-emption" mean?
As Fabrizio explained in his tweet

if any club will made a bid for Reguilon on next years, Tottenham must call Real Madrid and they can match the bid
To me it's nothing... it's just a courtesy notice. Doesn't mean we have to accept the bid, right? They can offer 80 million and we can still reject. We just need to inform Madrid.
It's the buy back clause that's the one we should not accept.

Reactions: Sultan

Idxomer

Tottenham may solve Madrid's financial problems singlehandedly, they should also go for Jovic as the back-up the striker Mourinho so desperately need.

MrSingh2002

Preemption is not an issue. The buy back is the one in question and I'd be interested to know what the buyback transfer fee Tottenham have accepted.

If its under £45m they're stupid. If its over that I'd say it was still a good move and one we should've made.

They're signing him for approx £25m.If it was a potential double your investment in 2 seasons it's not bad at all.

Santos J

Preemption is not an issue. The buy back is the one in question and I'd be interested to know what the buyback transfer fee Tottenham have accepted.

If its under £45m they're stupid. If its over that I'd say it was still a good move and one we should've made.

They're signing him for approx £25m.If it was a potential double your investment in 2 seasons it's not bad at all.
It's apparently only €5/10m more than they're paying for him. Terrible deal and I'm glad it's one we're avoiding.

MrSingh2002

It's apparently only €5/10m more than they're paying for him. Terrible deal and I'm glad it's one we're avoiding.
If that was true then yeah. Jose doesn't care about what happens in 3 years time so it probably matches Reals agenda.

Pep's Suit

I never said he wasn't. They've still been quiet, have they really closed that gapped to Liverpool?
No. But City were always targeting 'only' Sane-replacement and two centra-backs this summer. Unless they move Jesus/Mahrez/Bernardo/Gundogan there's simply no space left for another players. And yes, City didn't close the gap and after that terrible pre-season they had + Pep being ridiculously stubborn + no improvement to XI I think this will be another season full of inconsistency.

Pep's Suit

Everyone has been hit hard by COVID decimating the finances. Plus it doesnt hurt to keep some money aside as the initial pot for next summer when mbappe will alledgly be leaving PSG (The Transfer Window podcast from last night). PL or La Liga no preference for him.
True. Possibly another reason why City sanctioned only loan deals for Angelino, Harrison or Herrera instead of trying to cash in this summer. Next summer there could be Messi, Mbappe, Neymar and Haaland on the move and no doubt City will try to sign one of them.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What kind of shit deal is that?
You've answered your own question!!

A deal whereby Spurs get a player who doesn't want to be there, and will lose him for cheap if Madrid want him back.
Glad we stayed clear.

Judas

Open to offers
You can see why we had no interest in that kind of deal. The club will rightfully get a lot of stick for this window, but we've done the right thing taking a step back from that.

MonkeysMagic

What kind of shit deal is that?
Let's be honest, despite their allusions to grandeur, spuds always will be a selling club. Given the number cruncher that Levy is, this deal makes sense for him but not for any other 'top' club because it pretty much allows Madrid to dictate the terms. Good luck to the player if he thinks playing under Mourinho is going to elevate his career!

Pep's Suit

Awful deal for Spurs. Also 30+5M? Really. It's basically just a loan. Surely shouldn't been more than 18-20M in this market.

Status
Not open for further replies.