Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghagua

Bale is the perfect player for a manager like Jose.

When Spurs struggle it will be the players fault, but when a player like Bale then hits a purple patch it will be all down to the manager and Jose will lord it up.
Exactly!

Can't wait for his next sacking.

Matt851

Meh I would've been ok with it. I'd be ok with a few loan deals as it's better than nothing. Gotta get off your high horse sometimes if the market is difficult like it allegedly is right now. Loan deals are perfectly fine as a stop gap, certainly better than signing nobody and overplaying the talent you do have into getting injured. We need able bodies, 1 at left back and 1 to rotate with the attack. If not Reguilon, then get Tagliafico or Telles. Just anyone who can play left wing back, is left footed and actually rotate with Shaw (not Williams, not good enough for that), otherwise Shaw will break down really quickly and the season will go to shit. Same with the attack.
Agree with this.

Bayern, juve etc have all used short term deals effectively over the few years so dont think we should be too good for it as long it fits into an overall strategy

Also until we get back to winning things it will remain harder to get good quality players in so there has to be some compromise

Tiber

How the heck did we miss both Sancho and Grealish. Cheap yank ****

romufc

I want to win on Saturday but hope it doesn't lead to Ole thinking he doesn't need to make signings now
Ole has already said, he needs a bigger squad for the CL.

In Ed Woodward's view the club they have delivered. Henderson like a new signing, Smalling like a new signing, Rojo (left footed defender), Mengi coming through.

croadyman

So Falk basically said on Stretford Paddock podcast that we only have a chance at Thiago if Liverpool don't come in for him and Sancho is getting further away by the day, so in other words he is just reiterating what he has said in previous tweets and nothing has changed. He also confirmed that Utd left it too late to approach Leipzig for Upamecano which is a joke

Last edited:

Robertd0803

I'm still checking this feed once every couple of hours and I'm really not sure why I'm bothering at this point.
Same, its like an addiction at this point. I keep telling myself that a) nothing is likely to happen anyway and deals like VdB happening that quick are a rarity and b) only check once in morning and once at night. That as you can see by my activity today hasnt been the case :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So Spurs are basically keeping Marcelo’s replacement warm and cozy for Madrid. Small timers. Mourinho isn't even hiding his short-termism anymore.

You guys ever had a Traore? Seems like every football club has had at least one Traore.
We have one in our U21s :D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Rough translation: Sergio Reguilon will be announced as a Spurs player in the next few hours. There is a full agreement between all parties (Spurs, Real Madrid, Reguilon's camp).

sparx99

You’d think Reguilon would want CL football rather than another year of Europa league.
No chance. You think Daniel Levy’s going to fork out 600 grand a week on one player? Even if Madrid covered half his wages he’d still easily be their highest earner.
It's £30m a year in wages! Even if Real Madrid granted a free transfer its hard to see Spurs agreeing to pay those wages.

That being said a forward line of Son Kane Bale is pretty tasty even if the rest of their team is a bit rubbish.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently, Barcelona were interested in signing Angelino from Man. City, but the player himself was always keen on returning to RB Leipzig. He's also hoping to stay in Leipzig for many more years.

It’s great that one of the biggest clubs in the world wanted me. But in my mind it was always clear: I want to go to RB Leipzig and not to another club, no matter which club that was. Leipzig suits me, the club’s high goals fascinate me, I am just as hungry as the club.
When I played at PSV Eindhoven for a year in a row in the 2018/19 season, that was the decisive push for my career. After six months in Leipzig, I am now hoping [to stay] for many years at RB Leipzig.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Leipzig might take further action on Leeds for not spending the transfer fee to purchase Jean-Kevin Augustin.

Background: Leeds had an obligation to purchase Augustin if the club was promoted to the Premier League.

Despite doing so, Leeds, however, aren't willing to pay the fee. They argue that the clause was "expired" by the time they achieved promotion (after the lengthy COVID-19 hiatus). Florian Scholz, Leipzig's commercial director of sport, had this to say:
The legal situation is clear. Leeds is currently in the process of spending a lot of money on the transfer market but does not stand by its contractual obligations. We are ready to take further steps.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Leicester are hoping to have Under ready to play against Burnley on Sunday.

Purchase obligation fee: 27 million Euros (24.6 million Pounds)

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

That’s the big gotcha with the deal. His dream is to play for Real. If the loan works out, he’s gone. If he’s not good enough, were stuck with him. Classic lose-lose.
I think you are failing to consider a massive part of this equation. If the loan works out, that means you have a brilliant, Spains number 1, LB for two seasons. That means more wins and possibly finishing above the team that has to rely on Brandon Williams and Diego Dalot when Shaw picks up his regularly scheduled two to three month knock.

ShinjiNinja26

You’d think Reguilon would want CL football rather than another year of Europa league.

It's £30m a year in wages! Even if Real Madrid granted a free transfer its hard to see Spurs agreeing to pay those wages.

That being said a forward line of Son Kane Bale is pretty tasty even if the rest of their team is a bit rubbish.
That one was all down to us refusing a buy back clause and rightly so imo. Had it not been for that I think he’d be signing for Utd.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think you are failing to consider a massive part of this equation. If the loan works out, that means you have a brilliant, Spains number 1, LB for two seasons. That means more wins and possibly finishing above the team that has to rely on Brandon Williams and Diego Dalot when Shaw picks up his regularly scheduled two to three month knock.
The difference between us and Spurs won't come down to who has the stronger LB. I can tell you that much.

You're also assuming we get no left back this or next season. And that Shaw gets injured.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Looks like Sorloth might be on his way to RB Leipzig.

Translation:
Alexander Sørloth will sign for RB Leipzig. Only small details remain before the transition is in place. The personal terms have been agreed upon for a long time. Trabzonspor's coach has confirmed that Sørloth has finished in Turkey.
According to VG, Sørloth is currently on a flight to Germany.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In the meantime, Leeds confirm another signing.

Keep an eye out for him. He might turn out to be a pretty good player.

Sea-Cow

The difference between us and Spurs won't come down to who has the stronger LB. I can tell you that much.

You're also assuming we get no left back this or next season. And that Shaw gets injured.
True but the thing with injury-prone players is, they tend to get injured. So is it possible that Luke stays fit and healthy and slim the entire campaign, and Ole uses him brilliantly? Sure. I guess it is in the realm of possibility. But I wouldn't fecking bet the house on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.