Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedChisel

How many was loads? Sancho, Reguilon which we gave up because of the clause and now allegedly Telles? All of only three?
Ok slight exaggeration but still seems mental to be agreeing terms with players that we have no attention of paying any money for. Do we think that clubs are just gonna give us their players for free?

Sea-Cow

Inbetween?
I dont think we need pace, all we need is someone good on the ball since we will be facing low blocks every other week.
I couldn't tell you if TAA was especially quick but he doesnt have to be
Really? I would think it takes about five minutes of watching him to see that TAA is a goddammed gazelle.

peridigm

Is this usually how its done? Surely the clubs talk amongst each other first to at least get an idea of the money involved?
Buying club has to request permission to speak with player before speaking with player, otherwise that's considered "tapping up". If current club is interested in selling, buying club can then speak with player to see if they can even agree on wages, etc... if they do, then the buying club goes back to selling club to work out a deal.

This is all my own speculation but it sounds reasonable and logical in my head. I don't play FM. Just a guy sitting in front of a computer wasting more hours per day hitting f5 than I care to admit.

RedChisel

The club are clearly taking the piss out of the fans at this point. RW is the priority but we are refusing to actually buy one. Monitoring this monitoring that while everyone else actually sign players.

Alemar

Monitoring players shall be a sackable offence as per clubs charter. Maybe then they will actually start buying them

Tiber

Love to hear we are talking to players without agree a fee, always ends well :drool:

AaronRedDevil

If right wing was a priority then why the feck did they get VDB instead of Sancho. They put themselves in a worse position by buying him first. We have midfielders and we have no solid right winger.

K Stand Knut

All this whining.

stop acting like petulant children.

life would be simpler if people didn’t take for granted everything that is put out in the media.

it’s pathetic

Posh Red

If right wing was a priority then why the feck did they get VDB instead of Sancho. They put themselves in a worse position by buying him first. We have midfielders and we have no solid right winger.
Weirdly this is the thing that makes me think we will sign Sancho. Surely we would have passed on VDB and used the funds for Sancho instead if that was the only option?

Crimson King

Really? I would think it takes about five minutes of watching him to see that TAA is a goddammed gazelle.
He's really not. He's not slow by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't have the raw pace of someone like Walker. I'm not sure he could even reach the top speed of AWB or Shaw either.

He got exposed a bit by the pace on the Leeds wing last week. Had a pretty terrible game that day to be honest, just underlined how he still has to work on the defensive side of his game.

Can't really fault him going the other way though, obviously.

MrSingh2002

Boufahsi is normally on the money with deals in France. Hoping the feckers as accurate with Brazilians playing in Portugal linked with English clubs....

Probably the only thing that could help me get over not signing Reguilon would be another left back.

Had seen Alex Telles name for a couple of years on Redcafe but never seen him play. At the start of the window Reguilon was my first choice with Telles the 2nd.

Looks like United had it the same way.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is VDB, Telles & Sancho at all likely?
Would represent a bigger net spend than last summer. And last summer covid19 wasn't even a thing and we hadn't lost over 100m.

I don't think Sancho is looking likely now. Seems like he will be playing in Bundesliga this weekend so certainly isn't close to any move. Dortmund aren't being linked to anyone to replace him either. Think it's dead in the water.

Pavl3n

Weirdly this is the thing that makes me think we will sign Sancho. Surely we would have passed on VDB and used the funds for Sancho instead if that was the only option?
Exactly.
It looks as if we want to strenghten three positions - #10, LB and RW. We might have a certain budget and valuation of each position, rather than one big kitty for all. Donny's transfer was sensible and had it not been for that buy-back clause, Regullion would've made a lot of sense. It looks as if we are still looking at LB, but we don't fancy Telles as much.
I haven't heard any other rumours with regards attacking reinforcements, so I believe work is being done behind the scenes to secure Sancho. We could be delaying even to save some from the salary - look at the recent deals we've made: Bruno in the last days of the window, Harry. May be it's not the most accurate translation of the situation, but that's my general view of our window.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Think I'm going to develop mental health problems this season...seriously not prepared to pay 20 fecking million euros?

Sick to death of this bastards in charge of the club....
This transfer podcast lot seem to just be making shit up, though. Full of shit or reliable?

RU Devil

WOW. Despite all the financial analysis that Liverpool can't dip into the transfer market without selling, they then go with another astute bid after Thiago is brought in. This is almost a kick in the nuts for Utd fans, watching Liverpool go from strength to strength, with what seems like a well-developed recruitment plan. Granted, Thiago was basically poured into their laps, but with all the deals that our rivals are making, it sure makes it look like Woody & Co are just sucking on their thumbs, expecting players to beg to sign for United and teams to just give us their best players at our bargain basement bids. I know there is still a lot of time in this window, but it sure looks to be more than a bit underwhelming. It's like they never learn. Woody's trade brinkmanship really doesn't work. Most of the time, we wind up paying the price quoted, and lose some training time & gametime that didn't have to be wasted. TBH, I'll be very pissed if Sancho winds up coming late in this window, as I am sure we'll either pay the initial quoted price or even more. I'll be happy to get the man, but annoyed that all the huff & puff was all just useless embroidery. Currently don't think we get Sancho, let alone Telles or other impactfull (read as 'pricey') reinforcements. Seems the current plan is to throw money at youth potential and hope they get another Greenwood/Rashford in the making.

I sure hope our players aren't as bothered as our fanbase. It's got to be a concern for Pogba et al, that we are not strengthening our talent enough for them to challenge for serious honors.

Status
Not open for further replies.