Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold_Giles

I don't understand how Liverpool make so much money from sales . 13.5 million for a guy who hardly played for them
This Hoever kid has been touted as as "wonderkid" since his Ajax days. Still only 18 so his ceiling might be quite high.
Would our fanbase be happy to let Mengi go for 10m?
Personally I have no idea how good this guy is, I just remeber alot of hype around him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
All the Liverpool fans I know think that he is not good at all . If we sold Tuanzebe I would be surprised if anyone paid close to that
He's not ready for the first team, that's for sure. However, at the age of 18, he's shown a decent amount of potential. He's good on the ball and has a solid passing range for a defender. Getting better as a defender, overall, will come from experience, but he's shown good man-marking ability already.

I'm not sure if he's more promising than Tuanzebe, but he's not that bad a player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Thought Pool had no money?
"We can buy everyone! We are loaded with money."
Selling club: "Ok, then pay 80 mil for 40mil defender."

"We don't have money. We will not buy players this year. "
Selling club: "We will sell you a player. How much can you spend"

What is better approach?

UncleBob

"We can buy everyone! We are loaded with money."
Selling club: "Ok, then pay 80 mil for 40mil defender."

"We don't have money. We will not buy players this year. "
Selling club: "We will sell you a player. How much can you spend"

What is better approach?
Aye, exactly how it works :lol:

UncleBob

He's young and a very promising player. In his few appearances for the first team, he showed a good amount of potential. Despite that, I still think 9 + 4.5 is a little pricey, but I can understand the relatively higher fees.
You can say that about most young players at the top clubs. It's pretty fecking absurd that they manage to get that much for someone like him.

I have a hard time believing this.
It's not far fetched in terms of wages, Spurs would prefer to fork out a loan fee along with a set % of his wages, rather than paying the full wage, looks better on paper

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
You can say that about most young players at the top clubs. It's pretty fecking absurd that they manage to get that much for someone like him.
I agree; the price is too high at this stage. The only way I can see him being priced that high is if other clubs were also competing for him.

UncleBob

The Athletic claim that Liverpool are only paying £5mill up front for Thiago.

Bizarre

Rooney1987

I could be going way off on a limb here but it seems to me that as a whole - Pool is still considered somewhat of a lateral transfer for many clubs whereas with us we're still suffering somehow from being the big club pawning off their rejects idea - which obviously leads to a huge disadvantage at the bargaining table. At least thats the way I assume many agents, clubs and players would probably see it still.
I think this is part of the issue but I think it's mainly due to the fact these average squad players have big contracts. Outside of Dalot every player we want rid at some point got given stupid money. I bet likes of Brewster isn't on anything really so he will get a decent fee.

RyRoc

All the Liverpool fans I know think that he is not good at all . If we sold Tuanzebe I would be surprised if anyone paid close to that
Tuanzebe probably on around 40k a week whereas this lad probably half that - over the course of time it probably adds up to a few million or so.

RyRoc

I have a hard time believing this.
they probably thought it’s either that or he won’t go anywhere at all and just sit on the money for another year. Probably came to the conclusion that it’s better Spurs paying something towards it than having him just sit and cause friction in and around the place and realistically not playing more than a handful of appearances.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What the feck is it with Liverpool getting big bucks even for their fringe players? This Hoover fella has made 4 appearances for Klopp FFS. Yet they've potentially recouped over a third of the Thiago fee from a player that had a cat's chance in hell of making the Liverpool first team.
I think it's wages. United have been guilty of massively over paying players, which then leads to difficulty finding clubs who can come close to matching those wages when trying to buy United's unwanted leftovers. How much is Phil Jones on at United vs someone like Lovren who we sold for 11 million?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If they get Kabak and Ousmane Dembele (a spanish newspaper have linked them with a loan move) they could win more than the PL this season.
If they get both then they'll be a very powerful outfit both domestically and in Europe.

Woodzy

Yep, if they get that lad from Shalke and that winger from Barca they will be all set to compete for the top division in England and the European Cup competition.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
David Alaba would be an amazing signing. He could mainly play as our holding midfielder alongside Pogba but could cover Shaw if injured. Considering we've been linked to DM and LB targets it seems to make too much sense.
This. ☝ Jota, Reguilón, Telles are not what we need. Just buy Sancho and Alaba. That would be a great transfer window.

Maybe in January add a rising Center Back star.

roseguy64

This. ☝ Jota, Reguilón, Telles are not what we need. Just buy Sancho and Alaba. That would be a great transfer window.

Maybe in January add a rising Center Back star.
We can't afford Alaba and Sancho. Maybe in a non-Covid year but not now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Surely his value now would be better then to wait a year and possibly him leaving for less? I'd love to take a chance on him and with Valencia's problems they probably consider a 30-40 million bid.

I do believe they announced the whole team was for sale except him but that could change with an offer they couldn't refuse
Gaya himself wants to stay at Valencia. It wouldn't matter if Valencia want to sell him if Gaya himself wants to continue on with the club (unless this becomes a Dimitri Payet situation).

Slysi17

Wait and watch how quickly we panic buy Grealish after Oct 6th for a hefty sum.
Not happening as Jack Grealish signed a new contract. It's dead now. My guess is Sarr if we don't get Sancho

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Sorloth will be sold to Leipzig.
You can really tell that Palace as a club, as well as the individuals in power there like Parrish, Bright and Hodgson are popular because they have made a gigantic fcuk up here and it is getting zero coverage. Not seen a pants down transfer scenario like this in a while.

This transfer podcast lot seem to just be making shit up, though. Full of shit or reliable?
Anybody listening to a transfer podcast deserves to be wound up to the max.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
We can't afford Alaba and Sancho. Maybe in a non-Covid year but not now.
Maybe we can if we can offload Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Pereira, Dalot, Lingard and Romero. I know there are no buyers for them but one can always wish!

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Who’s listening to transfer podcast? They’re cited as the source right there in the tweet?
No idea, just saying they are likely to be full of hot air 99% of the time, same as SSN or any other scheduled transfer programs as they by definition have time to fill regardless of how much genuine or actual content available to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.