Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
A clear out is all well and good, but we could sell half the damn squad, but Woodward wants top ££ for them. Rojo and Darmian over the last few years is a great example. He'd rather us pay their wages to do feck all then sell them and get them off the wage bill.

Romero, Dalot, Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Lingard, Pereira, Mata. I'd even have thrown Bailly and Matic on this list.
Problem is, they'd need replacing as well.

We need a LB, CB, CDM, RW, ST in this team at a minimum really

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There were reports that United were finally getting their act together with ins and outs when we signed Beek a few weeks back. Since then nothing has materialized with either.

Reds fever

Does anyone think Ed might block the sale of Lingard to Totenham beacuse he thinks it is strengthing of Top 6 rival?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

Good for Shaw.
Why wouldn't that be well received? More likely Ole told him to say it than it be poorly received IMO. Put some much needed pressure on Woodward and the Glazers.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ed and Ole are going to go into their nearest fancy dress store and pull along all the current deadwood at United and get them dressed up and announced as new signings.
Ole "Look, we've signed Marco Robo and Mike Smalling"

Adamsk7

The irony of Shaw’s comments are that if we do bring players in to strengthen, it looks like one of them is in his position!

Infra-red

Good for Shaw.
His full comments:

On transfers:
As I said, we have a very good group, but personally I think we need more players to strengthen the squad - it can give us a boost. When you look around at how other teams are strengthening their teams, then we must also do it to keep up with the others.

On the Palace game:
Possibly everything went wrong. Personally, from my point of view, the pre-season that we've had altogether is not the correct way it should have been. We've had a week all together.

My first day back training I could have probably counted on one hand the number of people who were training. We have only been back a week all together. Look at teams who have been together a while, training, playing games. I think Palace have played quite a few more games than us and it showed tonight. We lacked that fitness and confidence.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...e-shaw-18964940.amp?__twitter_impression=true

prateik

I cant wait for the caf to start pretending like Semedo is a good RB..
Did the same with Aurier.

Nero

He's average as feck. Like when people lost their shit over Aurier signing for Spurs.

Good timing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Like Doherty he is good going forward and Wolves dont play with a RB but a RWB so it will suit him

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He's average as feck. Like when people lost their shit over Aurier signing for Spurs.
Good timing.
What is wrong with two of you? Don't you know that every player signed by other club is world class?
Seriously guys...

Hope7

Selling James already while you keep Mata, Lingard, Pereira, Rojo or Jones would be a bit ridiculous. Thought you'd be more aggressive in moving deadwood and just let them go for free like so many other clubs did this summer.
I think Ed likes to keep them on as intangible assets so the club looks more valuable. Obviously this is offset by continuing to pay them mega wages and makes no sense...i struggle to see it really. Perhaps it makes sense from an accountant's mindset, whilst being completely stupid from a club mindset. That's where we are though isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.