Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The asking price from United is thought to be around £20 million to £25 million, which is out of Roma’s reach currently – with the Italian club pointing out that Smalling was considered surplus to requirements last summer. The 30-year-old is one of eight centre-halves currently considered nominally part of the first team group at United. After the signing of Harry Maguire last summer Smalling was told he could leave to clear space in the first-team squad, and the wage budget. He did so willingly on loan despite having signed a new contract until 2022 just 18 months previously.

Rolaholic

Buy back clause would be 37m with first refusal. We’d only be paying 12m more for him back if he does well there.
His biggest highlight is wearing a winners medal at the barbershop yet Liverpool are getting £25m for him...

How do they do it? We're lucky to get even half of our player valuations when we sell

dev1l

No PL takers by the looks of it, maybe try in the championship?
According to the Sun we will give him a 1 year extension in order to "preserve his value".
If that's the case, I think it's more about appeasing his agent Raiola.

dev1l

£20m to £25m is a big ask, though if we could get £15m or above that would be a good deal. Having him train on his own doesn't help our position at all though.
Roma s offer is 12m euros

Tarrou

Why can't we conclude a deal for Smalling? He wants to leave, we're happy to sell and Roma want him.

I can only conclude that we're waiting to see if we sign another centre back.

Matriac

Why can't we conclude a deal for Smalling? He wants to leave, we're happy to sell and Roma want him.

They want to offer us £11m when we want £20m.
If we can meet around £15-16m a deal can be made.

Tiber

Roma are being extremely cheap

dinostar77

Roma s offer is 12m euros
Just sell him. Take the 12 and let him leave. Take whatever is offered for romero, lingaard, rojo etc and just get their wages off the books. All thats gonna happen is that these players will run down their contracts and leave for free anyway. Great business that is.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole should just hold on to Smalling and stick him in there. He's an amazing defender and he's fast. 'Ball playing centerbacks' are overrated.
It would be nice to have a defender who can, hear me out here, defend!

NJM78

So much joy in this thread, can't wait for this season to end already never mind the window!

Fracture90

Our tendency to overpay players both fee and wages is catching up with us. Now every club wants extra money once we come knocking at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.