Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep's Suit

Well, for most of this season fans won't be allowed to stadiums and even then it could be only few thousands at best so if anything it's better to wait. No chance any team offers £100m for Sancho, Mbappe or Neymar next summer.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
All these journalists keep writing these opinion pieces, acting holier than thou, but none of them give any actual information about who are we signing. If they have no concrete information then what's the point of these articles. The whole Utd fanbase knows that Glazers are leeches and Woodward is incompetent when it comes to transfers. Either tell us how far along we are in making a transfer, or shut up!!

For all the sh*t Romano gets on here these days, at least he only talks about transfer updates, not these silly opinion pieces.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
All these journalists keep writing these opinion pieces, acting holier than thou, but none of them give any actual information about who are we signing. If they have no concrete information then what's the point of these articles. The whole Utd fanbase knows that Glazers are leeches and Woodward is incompetent when it comes to transfers. Either tell us how far along we are in making a transfer, or shut up!!

For all the sh*t Romano gets on here these days, at least he only talks about transfer updates, not these silly opinion pieces.
Romano gets unwarranted sh*t from a select few.

The adults here understand that Romano reports and isn’t some sort of oracle that gets everything right.

Red_toad

So stating factual information on how much the owners cost the club, is an opinion? Confusing much.....

I keep hoping for an actual transfer tweet, but bugger all happening, so why not rub United's fans faces in the dirt, it'll get plenty of traffic.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

I think this article is important, lots of fans are just like “buy x, buy y, buy z” But the club is obviously worried financially, I don’t mean they are going broke, but no crowds for the foreseeable future is a huge issue. Add to that reliable reporting on what the Glazer’s debt has cost the club and it brings a bit of much needed persepective on where united stand and why they probably won’t fork out 108 million on one player.

Infra-red

Well we aren't signing anyone, so unless you want him to make stuff up, there's no transfer information to tell us.

If you were told to file copy on something United-related in the middle of a transfer window where we had completely failed to plug any of the holes in the squad, what would you write about? Probably a story on the Glazers and their ruinous effect on the club's finances.

Woodzy

Reckon it's Telles for us and that will be it. Club will probably then panic in January when we are 6pts or more away from 4th like they did last season with Bruno.
And then constantly bring up the fact we did business in January as an excuse for not spending the following summer.

Dr. StrangeHate

We could have bought 14 Sanchos with that money!
With 1500 mil
Mbappe 200
Neymar 200
Sancho 120
Halaand (we buy him with release clause and then pay release clause again to keep him) 100
Alaba 50
Kimmich 100
VVD 80
Laporte 80
Kronos, Thiago, Modric, Kante, De Jong, De Ligt: rest of money.

Easy GG.

mad1max954

It’s got to the stage where I think it’s fair to say the money isn’t there - sure they will blame Covid but whatever - we are aiming to high.

we absolutely have to improve the depth, Especially in attacking areas, if only to get into the top 4. Last night is a prime example of what’s wrong, but there are many.

I’d sign brooks, we should have been in for bale (13mil for the season has to of been worth the punt) and it looks like sarr has gone now too.

telles is good too. I’d Keep smalling and play him over lindelof.

then ideally you want one more that can play in wide areas. Perisic On loan?

Enough to keep the squad competitive without breaking the bank. Unpopular but unfortunately true I feel.

Jack-C20

With 1500 mil
Mbappe 200
Neymar 200
Sancho 120
Halaand (we buy him with release clause and then pay release clause again to keep him) 100
Alaba 50
Kimmich 100
VVD 80
Laporte 80
Kronos, Thiago, Modric, Kante, De Jong, De Ligt: rest of money.

Easy GG.
I think it’s safe to assume we’re just saving up for the greatest transfer splurge the world has ever seen. It’s going to be some team :drool:

King7Eric

So stating factual information on how much the owners cost the club, is an opinion? Confusing much.....

I keep hoping for an actual transfer tweet, but bugger all happening, so why not rub United's fans faces in the dirt, it'll get plenty of traffic.
I think this article is important, lots of fans are just like “buy x, buy y, buy z” But the club is obviously worried financially, I don’t mean they are going broke, but no crowds for the foreseeable future is a huge issue. Add to that reliable reporting on what the Glazer’s debt has cost the club and it brings a bit of much needed persepective on where united stand and why they probably won’t fork out 108 million on one player.
Well we aren't signing anyone, so unless you want him to make stuff up, there's no transfer information to tell us.

If you were told to file copy on something United-related in the middle of a transfer window where we had completely failed to plug any of the holes in the squad, what would you write about? Probably a story on the Glazers and their ruinous effect on the club's finances.
Well that's my point, isn't it? Yes nothing is happening in relation to Utd transfers ( at least that these journalists know about), so then don't say anything.

Any serious Utd follower, I'm not even saying fan, but anyone who even follows the club, knows what kind of owners Glazers are and how Woodward operates. We get these articles every window, and we all know the ownership of the club is a massive issue.

Every business in the world, including football, is affected by Covid, so yes again we all know that nearly every club's spending power is significantly reduced.

I understand the name of Manchester United generates a lot of clicks, but if you are writing a transfer related article, well then at least tell us something new. If you don't have any information, surely there are other clubs to write about.

hubbuh

Well that's my point, isn't it? Yes nothing is happening in relation to Utd transfers ( at least that these journalists know about), so then don't say anything.

Any serious Utd follower, I'm not even saying fan, but anyone who even follows the club, knows what kind of owners Glazers are and how Woodward operates. We get these articles every window, and we all know the ownership of the club is a massive issue.

Every business in the world, including football, is affected by Covid, so yes again we all know that nearly every club's spending power is significantly reduced.

I understand the name of Manchester United generates a lot of clicks, but if you are writing a transfer related article, well then at least tell us something new. If you don't have any information, surely there are other clubs to write about.
Do you really think people that follow United are aware of the extent of the damage the Glazer's have caused? Obviously now it's far more mainstream, but our problems are a symptom of bad ownership that stretches way before our post-Fergie malaise. I wasn't aware that over the 15 years we as a club have spent £1.5bn in interest payments, dividends etc. It's even more stark when directly contrasted with the impact of the cost of Covid to the club. I'd far rather see this get talked about than leaked gossip that only serve to stoke transfer rumours. Horses for courses, basically.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I hope it doesn't sound like I am defending Woody and the yankee C's, but come on mate. How many managers would kill to have signings like Maguire, Bruno, AWB, and VDB? How many more hundreds of millions have to be spent before we look at Ole?
but look at the amount of shit he still has in the squad. Until chinless chucky stops swinging his dick and demanding massive fees for utter dross then Ole has one hand tied behind his back.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I hope it doesn't sound like I am defending Woody and the yankee C's, but come on mate. How many managers would kill to have signings like Maguire, Bruno, AWB, and VDB? How many more hundreds of millions have to be spent before we look at Ole?
It’s not about the players we do have though is it? It’s about kicking on from last season with glaring holes in our team and real deficiencies in squad depth. We need more, no matter who the manager is.
And as the last 7 years attest, spending millions will not guarantee success if we don’t have the right man in charge, following a long term plan with a clear goal in mind. The only guy who has fit that so far is Olé.

King7Eric

Do you really think people that follow United are aware of the extent of the damage the Glazer's have caused? Obviously now it's far more mainstream, but our problems are a symptom of bad ownership that stretches way before our post-Fergie malaise. I wasn't aware that over the 15 years we as a club have spent £1.5bn in interest payments, dividends etc. It's even more stark when directly contrasted with the impact of the cost of Covid to the club. I'd far rather see this get talked about than leaked gossip that only serve to stoke transfer rumours. Horses for courses, basically.
Well yes!! I find it hard to believe that anyone who follows Utd will be unaware of the damage done by the Glazers. It is not something coming up in the public eye just now, Utd fans have bern protesting it since the days of the Green and Gold protests in 2009/10.

Maybe I'm overestimating the average Utd fan but I'd be surprised if they are becoming aware of the damage caused by the Glazers just now.

Slysi17

Simple solution is WE give him regular first team football.
Like feck. He ain't good enough. Wouldn't get into any top 6 sides first eleven. Our main problem is that we have been giving endless chances to crap players. Time to stop this rubbish.

Pavl3n

Just a few things off the top of my head which can make football transfers drag on:

- Contacting the agent to understand if their player would be interested in joining.

- Discussing agent and other intermediary fees.

- Drafting legal and compliance paperwork.

- Laying out the payment structure, how much money will be paid and when. Also loyalty bonuses, sign on bonuses, third party broker fees etc.

- Image rights.

- Shifting existing players to free up salary and space in the squad.

- Background checks and due diligence.

- Insurance costs.

- Access go credit facility to borrow money once fee agreed with player and the club. What the interest will be on this.

- An internal discussion need a to be had around external factors such as Brexit and Covid19.

- Foreign players / those outside of the EU may need to obtain work permits.

- Medical tests.

- If there is interest from other clubs in the player, we may need to convince the agent/player why they should join us - explain our 'project'.

- Sorting out the logistics of moving the player and their family members to a new area / country / education system.
Here's another one:

Matt Judge not picking his phone

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Any news today regarding us ?
I guess ,as we won yesterday, Ed and The Judge are back in their customary relaxed mode.

Varun1

For a team who apparently doesn't want to sell their player, Dortmund are making a hell of a lot of noise about Sancho.
Yes, we are poor at transfers but sounds like Dortmund are equally bad in this case.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This Dest situation is a bit confusing. Reputable sources say he is of to Barca but he seems to have been at the location where Bayern took their team photos yesterday.
According to a Sport 1 Journo based in Munich, Dest wasn't in Germany.

Withnail

Goddaman journalists doing their jobs and reporting on issues related to the club. The bloody cheek!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They are idiots. They claim ‘bemusement’ that we didn’t comply with a stupid ‘deadline’ that they made up and decided to set for us, which basically compelled us to break the transfer record before the season was even completed.

izec

good transfer. Mare against Bayern in a shitty Barca side has clouded people's perception of him. He is better than Pereira from Leicester and some really like him. If Wolves can get the best out of him, he will be a terrific signing

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
They are idiots. They claim ‘bemusement’ that we didn’t comply with a stupid ‘deadline’ that they made up and decided to set for us, which basically compelled us to break the transfer record before the season was even completed.
That Sky pundit claimed that they claimed it

King7Eric

Goddaman journalists doing their jobs and reporting on issues related to the club. The bloody cheek!
Issues related to the club that every guy and his dog have known about for years (relating to ineptitude of the upper management) and months (related to financial impact of the Covid). Excuse me for wishing journalists actually gave some news, and if they don't have it, just staying mum.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Would not surprise me in the slightest. Same with Everton under Ancelotti.
I agree. The top 6 is becoming a top 8/9. You've got City n Liverpool streets ahead but then about 6 or 7 teams who aren't all that amazing or poor either. We're one of them. Finishing top 4 the previous season is no guarantee of a repeat anymore like it once was. Genuinely worried for us this year with the amount of games we will have squeezed into a condensed season.

Status
Not open for further replies.