Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

The transfer is official.

Key info: Base fee of 68 million Euros + 3 million Euros in add-ons

Is the €68 million including the value of Otamendi or separate?

Either way, amazing how the Leicester result has made them spring into action :lol:

Chairman Steve

Well that was quick :lol: I guess they wanted to appease their long-suffering, angry fanbase.

All 60 of them.

croadyman

Wasn't Koulibaly being mooted for a similar kind of figure not long ago,looks like they really do have a bad relationship with Napoli after the Jorginho stuff.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wasn't Koulibaly being mooted for a similar kind of figure not long ago,looks like they really do have a bad relationship with Napoli after the Jorginho stuff.
Napoli wanted more for Koulibaly (90 million Euros if I remember correctly). Because Napoli weren't willing to compromise on their stance, City decided to pursue other options.

Adamsk7

That is steep! Is that a record from the Portuguese league? Pretty sure Bruno was less guaranteed money

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Personally feel like he’s just covering his arse in case Telles doesn’t sign and we sign someone else; then he’ll come out and say he knew it all along.
Would be strange. Why not do it for every transfer tweet?

I think he's predicting we'll go for this mystery option, that's why he's not revealing it yet. I still think it's Tagliafico, it makes a lot of sense, we have a good relationship with Ajax, he's not got long left on his contract and we've already been in contact with them this summer due to Donny.
I wouldn't be averse to that either.

Red_toad

They should have just paid up for Maguire. I don't see Dias as being good enough to sort out their issues, I don't think he's any better than Lindelof to be honest.

diarm

I'm not convinced Dias and Laporte is a Premier League partnership. I've been going on all year about United needing a Ferdinand to partner Maguire but those two feel a little too much Rio, not enough Vidic for my liking.

Surely City can realise that it is Kompany they need to replace in that defence? I really don't think Dias is that player.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t agree that Liverpool get quoted the same as United. You were quoted 15m for their leftback and didn’t go for it. He went for the same price to Newcastle
No before Newcastle bid we offered 10m but Norwich valued him at least double with add-ons included hoping it would trigger a bidding war because we were the first and only team to bid at that time. We sacked it off and bought Tsimikas instead for a lower fee. Norwich reluctantly accepted Newcastle's improved offer because no one else came in for him a month later.

croadyman

Am I right in assuming this Kante stuff which is mentioned in the tabloids tomorrow is total BS seeing as it involves him taking a wage cut

Fox outside the box

I agree

Knowing the board, he will get a big fat contract, end up retiring at 34 years at United, get into a coaching role leading to him becoming the united manager, end up being our director of football, and then finally an ambassador over 60. Which is still very very young.

That will be our Jesse, young and united forever.
I'd rather this happen and a bunch of our so called fans go and follow some other clubs to be honest. Such a large part of our fan base is embarrassing, far worse than anything Jesse has ever done. This is a guy who has lived, breathed and experienced the club more than anyone on this site, who the feck are you to feel you have the right to be like this?

Just leave it as saying we need better in the squad, that's enough. All the pathetic insults and vile abuse thrown is noise, pointless noise. Would I be OK with him being sold? Yes, no real issue there but I'll never openly and consistently abuse the guy, I've more respect for him than pretty much any Internet fan of ours I see. This club has been his life, why can't you lot just call for him to go respectfully?

Because you're fecking children, that's why. Parrot each other, too lazy and/or stupid for reasonable, original thoughts.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So much wrong with this post, it's hilarious.

He updated our abysmal Sancho chase way before any UK media outlet did.

Regullion was simple we would pay for him but wouldn't accept the buy back clause. So spurs swooped in and accepted the clause we wouldn't, nowhere did he say we had signed him (I checked his tweets) simply the fact we had a clause issue that still remained as a stumbling block.

Bang on with Van de Beek at every step.

Third LB? Have you considered that he genuinely doesn't know who it is... Maybe we just have a backup for Telles, make sense to have several potential targets for one position.

Intrigued at your 'badly wrong' claim, I'm far from his fanboy but you seem to hold a personal dislike for him.
Actually didn't tweet anything about VDB until Ajax coach confirmed there was a bid. So do your research. He had no idea.

Said we'd agreed terms with Sancho and his agent in June. We didn't.

Didn't know Sancho had extended his deal last summer.

Hahahahahahah. How silly do you look now.

He's had no inside info on United at all.

Maureen-yo

You can't upset the Romano fanboys with facts like this mate. They will have you killed.

Exactly why is he refusing to name this mysterious third target? It makes no sense at all. He's absolutely full of crap. He said we were signing Reguilon on the day he joined Spurs and apparently it never even got close to us as Utd were never entertaining the release clause from the very off.

He's got United news wrong all summer. Badly wrong in fact.
I do expect a backlash!

He has used really vague wording at times so he can wriggle out if it doesn’t come off or vice versa.

red_de_pologne

Actually didn't tweet anything about VDB until Ajax coach confirmed there was a bid. So do your research. He had no idea.

Said we'd agreed terms with Sancho and his agent in June. We didn't.

Didn't know Sancho had extended his deal last summer.

Hahahahahahah. How silly do you look now.
How would you know this?

Maureen-yo

Would be strange. Why not do it for every transfer tweet?

I wouldn't be averse to that either.
Why would he not reveal it? It’s literally his job. He’ll talk about Sancho, Telles etc but this player shall not be named? Why?

Fooza

I'd rather this happen and a bunch of our so called fans go and follow some other clubs to be honest. Such a large part of our fan base is embarrassing, far worse than anything Jesse has ever done. This is a guy who has lived, breathed and experienced the club more than anyone on this site, who the feck are you to feel you have the right to be like this?

Just leave it as saying we need better in the squad, that's enough. All the pathetic insults and vile abuse thrown is noise, pointless noise. Would I be OK with him being sold? Yes, no real issue there but I'll never openly and consistently abuse the guy, I've more respect for him than pretty much any Internet fan of ours I see. This club has been his life, why can't you lot just call for him to go respectfully?

Because you're fecking children, that's why. Parrot each other, too lazy and/or stupid for reasonable, original thoughts.
I have been for years, a long time ago. But err thanks for that?

Just on a side note if you think what I said was bad, I suggest you stay away from any jesse related on social media. I wouldn't dare imagine what your reaction will be to an insult that is far worse than he's young... deary me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How would you know this?
How do I know what? He didn't know about VDB before Ajax coach spoke out. Nobody had a clue about that deal in the press it seemed. Definitely caught everyone out that one.

As for Sancho there was a very obvious brief to the UK press only 3 weeks ago that there was a breakthrough with agent and contract. Romano said we'd agreed in June. He clearly didn't have a clue and just guessed.

And on the day Reguilon agreed to go to Spurs somebody tweeted him and said 'Spurs or United? And he replied' United'.

He's been wrong with almost everything United related. Its so funny at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.