Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I really hope no one takes Laurie's MUFC comment as anything more than his opinion.
Why would anyone take that comment as anything other than opinion?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You never know with the Caf and the wider Internet.
Very true - I do remember Rio speaking very highly of Godfrey, however 3 of Norwich’s back 4 have been touted for big moves and they can’t all be great talents while getting relegated.

I could still be wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The Twitter media gas-lighting for petulant transfer starved fans continues I see. 20m is not a ‘reasonable’ fee for a 27 year old full-back from Portugal with less than a year on his deal. Thiago went for 25m in similar circumstances. And he’s fecking Thiago - a Spanish international from the CL champions. And not a full-back!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Twitter media gas-lighting for petulant transfer starved fans continues I see. 20m is not a ‘reasonable’ fee for a 27 year old full-back from Portugal with less than a year on his deal. Thiago went for 25m in similar circumstances. And he’s fecking Thiago - a Spanish international from the CL champions. And not a full-back!
Thiago actually cost 30 million Euros, but your point still stands; I see nothing wrong with us negotiating for a lower fee especially since there isn't much competition for him. If another team entered the scene, I'd expect us to pay what they're demanding.

cj_sparky

Very true - I do remember Rio speaking very highly of Godfrey, however 3 of Norwich’s back 4 have been touted for big moves and they can’t all be great talents while getting relegated.

I could still be wrong.
He has some sort of link with the agency/agent Rio uses. They also represent Keane, Holgate and Bolasie.

SinNombre

Exactly.

And our fans lap it up.

SinNombre

what a strange idea!!!

Surely the logic would be to sell De Gea for a similar amount and allow Henderson to grow in to the number 1 spot.

Selling a younger, equally able keeper would be eye-wateringly stupid, IMO.

It appears we’re going to have the best of both worlds this season with an amazing no.1 and no.2.

Our issue will be moving on Romero on his wages
This is the kind of uncritical thinking that led to OP's question.

How many England goalkeepers have built a great reputation and failed in the past decade? Every one of them.

50m is way above the expected likelihood of Hendo failing. There is no evidence that he is equally capable to a guy who was in the top 3 in the world for 4-5 years in a row.

Tiber

This Demeble thing just feels like 'feck we missed out on Sancho, who is the biggest name we can sign at the last second'

Big name, big wage, injury concerns, problems on and off the field, would almost certainty prefer to stay in Spain. Feels so very Woodward.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Here's an idea for Woodward and co. Maybe, just maybe, it's unwise to leave things to the last minute. God, he is so useless. And the other guy appears to be as well.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not all clubs can spend with reckless abandon.
What has citing an issue with leaving business until the last days of the transfer window got to do with spending recklessly?

Spending early does not mean spending more, unless your chief negotiators can’t actually negotiate.

**** Caf.

adam118

This Demeble thing just feels like 'feck we missed out on Sancho, who is the biggest name we can sign at the last second'

Big name, big wage, injury concerns, problems on and off the field, would almost certainty prefer to stay in Spain. Feels so very Woodward.
We need players who will work their arses off as well as natural talent. Worried he will be another di Maria and be unsettled by Jan if things aren't going well.

pascell

He struggled to establish himself at Inter and couldn't fit in there. He then went out to Monaco where he had decent performances though wasn't necessarily spectacular. Basically, he's been like Memphis where he's looked good but hasn't been consistent enough.
Thanks, did he not have a spell at Lazio?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What has citing an issue with leaving business until the last days of the transfer window got to do with spending recklessly?

Spending early does not mean spending more, unless your chief negotiators can’t actually negotiate.

**** Caf.
Nah, I think our board are dickheads to be fair, I was just being contrary.

Santos J

Thanks, did he not have a spell at Lazio?
He struggled to establish himself at Inter and couldn't fit in there. He then went out to Monaco where he had decent performances though wasn't necessarily spectacular. Basically, he's been like Memphis where he's looked good but hasn't been consistent enough.
He was at Monaco first, only went on loan to Inter. Yeah he started at Lazio and it's where the hype started, moved to Monaco for €30m.

ChorltonReds

Boot? Ban? get a grip people.
Even if you dont agree with the comment, everyone has a right to share their opinion. right or wrong. Its a bloody forum.If everyone had the same opinion, it would be quite boring eh?

Don't ban him. He has done nothing wrong!
If you want conspiracy theories head to Blue Moon and The Agenda.
This is the kind of uncritical thinking that led to OP's question.

How many England goalkeepers have built a great reputation and failed in the past decade? Every one of them.

50m is way above the expected likelihood of Hendo failing. There is no evidence that he is equally capable to a guy who was in the top 3 in the world for 4-5 years in a row.
I have to agree with K-Stand - selling Henderson to Chelsea (even for £50m) would be an insane idea. He was the best keeper in the league last year. What does the failings of Pickford et al have to do with that? He'll be our keeper for the next decade. He'll be better than de Gea - who has frankly been no better than average for the past 3 seasons now.

ti vu

Not sure why we aren't going for him tbh! The 3 obvious options were always Reguilon, Telles and Tagliafico, all quality players, upgrades to the starting 11 at good prices while fixing depth issues.
Feel like someone is greedy trying to get Telles for real dirt cheap, thus leaving everything for last minute.

K Stand Knut

If you want conspiracy theories head to Blue Moon and The Agenda.

I have to agree with K-Stand - selling Henderson to Chelsea (even for £50m) would be an insane idea. He was the best keeper in the league last year. What does the failings of Pickford et al have to do with that? He'll be our keeper for the next decade. He'll be better than de Gea - who has frankly been no better than average for the past 3 seasons now.
based on tonight; he’ll (Henderson) be our no.1 before the season is finished

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Juve offered de Sciglio and Rugani in a package for Chiesa, but Fiorentina rejected the deal.
  • Fiorentina asked for Demiral instead, which Juve rejected.
  • Fiorentina want 60 million Euros for Chiesa.
  • Juve want to sell de Sciglio, Rugani, and Douglas Costa to fund for a loan-with-buy-option deal for Chiesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.