Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Or Zlatan...
One can dream, but I don't get the vibe that he'll be anything near Zlatan. I'm preparing for disappointment.

Is he always injured?
No idea, just expecting him to not be that amazing. It's a classic United last minute 'try and keep the fans happy' panic deal. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been doing much lately to warrant a ridiculous wage.

sparx99

This Cavani deal is clearly done. At least it's only a 2 year deal. Still very unhappy with it and felt we had enough cover for striker with Rashford and Greenwood. Dreading the reveal of Cavani's wage. If the Sancho deal doesn't get done after completing a deal like this then I don't even understand what the board are thinking.

Hope this isn't like Sanchez where he takes Martial's preferred position and completely destroys his form like last time.
Makes sense to me. Ighalo is gone in January and there are tons of games in a short period. We'll need to rest Martial at times and Cavani is a better option than Ighalo.

prateik

What wages does the caf think Cavani will be on? He was linked with benfica..and briefly with Leeds..

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why did we extend Igahlo's loan to January and then go sign Cavani too?

Clearly wasn't planned this and Cavani is meant to be some sort of damage control saving face move.

This club can get fecked.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'm actually glad we're getting him. He'll obviously be a bench option and mostly play in the Cups, but unlike Ighalo should offer us some much needed quality in the box. Don't see much wrong in giving him a 2-year deal and why should we care what wages he'll be on?

sparx99

Not really interested I already know the outcome. 34 year old crock on 200k a week.
Cavani hasn't been crocked though? It's not remotely like Falcao who was coming off a terrible injury. Low-risk free agent signing which adds depth is fine. It should be in addition to Sancho and Telles but who knows if they get done.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Uruguay media reporting it now.

Edinson Cavani and Manchester United, deal closed. The forward travels at night to England for a medical check-up and signing the contract until June 2022. The turns of life and football will put him face to face with PSG in this Champions League. Closed novel.

Heading to Manchester. Edi Cavani travels to England to sign with United and will rival Psg for the Champions League.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Why did we extend Igahlo's loan to January and then go sign Cavani too?

Clearly wasn't planned this and Cavani is meant to be some sort of damage control saving face move.

This club can get fecked.
January is only 3 months away mate. The opportunity has come up for Edinson (who was very close to Benfica earlier in the summer I believe) and I think we're right to pull the trigger on it.

Dazzmondo

Makes sense to me. Ighalo is gone in January and there are tons of games in a short period. We'll need to rest Martial at times and Cavani is a better option than Ighalo.
Doubt Cavani is going to be brought in as a backup or rotation option somehow. Pretty certain he'll be moved up front, Martial will be moved to left and Rashford to the right while Greenwood will be benched. People are massively overrating how much rotation we're going to have.

Gomes

There would have been riots if Mourinho would have signed him. 3 years ago.

Litch

If we had signed others and this added some cover and experience fine, but so late and in isolation smells of desperation and will not appease many fans. The shite is def going to hit the fan

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
January is only 3 months away mate. The opportunity has come up for Edinson (who was very close to Benfica earlier in the summer I believe) and I think we're right to pull the trigger on it.
Opportunity come up? Hahahahaha

He's been free to talk to clubs since January.

Dazzmondo

I'm actually glad we're getting him. He'll obviously be a bench option and mostly play in the Cups, but unlike Ighalo should offer us some much needed quality in the box. Don't see much wrong in giving him a 2-year deal and why should we care what wages he'll be on?
Because overpaying on wages is one of the major reasons we haven't signed a world class player in a position we needed to strengthen who would improve our team for the next decade. That's why we should care.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Opportunity come up? Hahahahaha

He's been free to talk to clubs since January.
Probably signing him last few days of the transfer window to save a few million. I'm not sure what to make of the signing. Very neutral.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Probably signing him last few days of the transfer window to save a few million. I'm not sure what to make of the signing. Very neutral.
You think he's been on the list all along then?

I certainly don't. We renewed Igahlo's loan for no reason then. Could have just signed Cavani and sent him back to China.

This screams panic signing because other deals have failed.

AsonUnique

Neutral is a good word. He is an upgrade on Igahlo and a better plan B. But Cavani is not going to look great if we don't get a RWer that can set him up.

Reactions: Sultan

NJM78

I like Cavani and don't care about his wages. We need someone to score from a cross once in a while, think he will do well and a damn sight better than Ighalo.

Still an absolute shit show of a window.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Because overpaying on wages is one of the major reasons we haven't signed a world class player in a position we needed to strengthen who would improve our team for the next decade. That's why we should care.
He will be here for basically a year and a half. Signing him would not impact our "ability" to get Sancho now or next summer at all.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
One can dream, but I don't get the vibe that he'll be anything near Zlatan. I'm preparing for disappointment.

No idea, just expecting him to not be that amazing. It's a classic United last minute 'try and keep the fans happy' panic deal. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been doing much lately to warrant a ridiculous wage.
Cause negativity is in vogue innit.

el3mel

2 years deal ? A bit too much but if he wants to come here it'll be interesting to see if he'll be happy being a bench option. Let's see. Very interesting transfer.

But ultimately will be much better than anything Ighalo will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.