Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Was there a similar outrage when Chelsea signed Thiago Silva who is 36 ?

Or is it reserved for United ?

diarm

Signing Cavani and not Telles will feel a little bit like a waste.

Bringing in one of the best players there is in the air and finishing another window without a single player who can cross a ball.

el3mel

Well I didn't want Cavani that much but now that he's coming, I'm really excited to see what he'll do in a United shirt.

He has been linked with us ever since LVG's first season. Let's see what he'll bring to the table.

sparx99

2 years deal ? A bit too much but if he wants to come here it'll be interesting to see if he'll be happy being a bench option. Let's see. Very interesting transfer.

But ultimately will be much better than anything Ighalo will do.
He doesn't have to be a bench option. Score a hat trick in league cup game and make Ole drop Martial. That's how its supposed to work.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well I didn't want Cavani that much but now that he's coming, I'm really excited to see what he'll do in a United shirt.

He has been linked with us ever since LVG's first season. Let's see what he'll bring to the table.
Sure he is Ed's fantasy. :lol: :lol:

Ole90+3

You know fine rightly where these reactions about Cavani are coming from? It’s the outrage that we’ve not signed players in key positions that are in badly need of improvement. Chelsea made those signings and to some effect as well.

The Cavani signing in isolation however is a good one imo

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Some laughed at it. Don’t think anyone wanted him. Just like none of those celebrating this signing would have batted an eyelid had he gone to Benfica. It also currently looks like he’s one of two major signings. Chelsea have actually shown ambition so bit of a silly comparison.

prateik

I dont think anyone expects Cavani to be first choice.. and if we dont sign anyone else, this wont pacify anyone..

Its just a signing for the squad.. the same way we have signed 4-5 players for the reserves ..

The over reaction is hilarious..

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I dont think anyone expects Cavani to be first choice.. and if we dont sign anyone else, this wont pacify anyone..

Its just a signing for the squad.. the same way we have signed 4-5 players for the reserves ..

The over reaction is hilarious..
Ole wanted another striking option recently so he now has one. Happy with that, but still could do with a LB. Think Sancho is off the menu at that price. Good scouting would have had top class alternatives for us to chose from.

Falcow

Why don’t you wait until he actually plays a game for us.
Exactly.

Good signing if true provided we are not paying him anymore than 250k pw. We desperately need experience up front.

Martial can play left and Rashford right surely if/when needed.

Dazzmondo

Silva was signed in the position Chelsea most needed to strengthen. We need a rw, cb, lb and dm more than we need a striker

prateik

Silva was signed in the position Chelsea most needed to strengthen. We need a rw, cb, lb and dm more than we need a striker
So you think we wont have funds for other transfers because we spent money on this?
If that is the case, then sure, I understand why people would be upset.

I just dont think there is any reason to believe signing Cavani would have anything to do with us signing a LB, CB or a DM

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You think we can rely on Ighalo to be the backup striker all season? It was ok for 6 months and thats it

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pereira, Dalot and Smalling salary will likely go to Cavani. No cash outlay. At least Cavani could be a game-changer and a great option of the bench.

Dazzmondo

So you think we wont have funds for other transfers because we spent money on this?
If that is the case, then sure, I understand why people would be upset.

I just think there is any reason to believe signing Cavani would have anything to do with us signing a LB, CB or a DM
I think he's being signed solely because the board have decided not to pay the money to sign Sancho and we don't have enough depth for the front 3 positions without Sancho so we signed a big name who was easily available. So I believe his signing is directly related to that specific transfer at the least. If we end up getting both Cavani and Sancho I'll be more open to the move.

Flytan

I'm not against this transfer.
The problem is we need more than just another striker.
Exactly. If this was the cherry on top of Sancho/Telles or something, great. Way better than Ighalo, only two years too. But without anything good inbetween, it reeks of panic/desperation.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My memory is not great. However, I vaguely remember Cavan playing games on the right whilst Neymar played on the left and Mbappe played in middle. Can someone with more knowledge of PSG confirm?

Cassidy

We should have signed Sancho
Hopefully we still can. If not we hopefully get another RW. Thats nothing to do with needing to replace Ighalo who Ole clearly doesnt trust

AsonUnique

This and Chelsea had already signed Chilwell, Werner, Ziyech and Havertz then also got another GK. Not even comparable to us signing VdB and Cavani especially when we were even on points last season.

Dazzmondo

Hopefully we still can. If not we hopefully get another RW. Thats nothing to do with needing to replace Ighalo who Ole clearly doesnt trust
It actually is. If we got a rw then we could just use Greenwood as the backup for both striker and rw

GwilDor

They already have, we've just wasted nearly every penny.
Not saying we haven’t spent money. Difference is its almost entirely been spent to remain/get back in top 4. Also, seems you’re backing the owners for not spending the clubs own earned money on its core operations? Not gonna get dragged into a Glazer discussion here, but there really is no reason not to spend the money we generate towards creating the best team possible.

Cassidy

It actually is. If we got a rw then we could just use Greenwood as the backup for both striker and rw
No we cant use a player as backup for 2 positions this season due to fixture congestion and UCL

Dazzmondo

James, Martial, and greenwood can all play very effectively on the left and replace Rashford.
James can not play very effectively full stop. He shouldn't even be at the club. I haven't seen Greenwood play lw very often so that's debatable. In any case I don't see the point in changing Rashford's position when he's gotten used to playing that role. Similarly why take Martial out of a position where he has performed his best football to date? Did the exact same thing when Sanchez came in. We moved him from the lw when he was in great form to the rw and he was terrible for the rest of the season. It's completely unnecessary and will probably end up hurting the team or at the very least hurting Martial's form. 2/3 of our front positions look extremely strong. It's clearly been the rw that has needed to be upgraded for a long time.

Cassidy

Pereira, Dalot and Smalling salary will likely go to Cavani. No cash outlay. At least Cavani could be a game-changer and a great option of the bench.
Were paying Pereiras wages

Status
Not open for further replies.