Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzy

Give it a few months and they can agree a pre-contract and have him for free again.

(Unless of course we activate the extension or agree a new deal, the chatter about this has gone awfully quiet)
There's no way we wont extend his deal even if we plan on him leaving. It would be a colossal waste of money if we didnt

ti vu

• Rudiger wasn't interested in joining either Spurs or West Ham on loan.
    • Roma were interested but eventually got Smalling.
  • Everton got Godfrey in instead of Tomori on loan.
  • Lampard reluctant to let go of Tomori as he expected Rudiger to leave.
  • On Deadline Day, Tomori was allowed to leave on loan.
    • Fulham couldn't get a 2nd Chelsea player on loan.
    • AC Milan did not make a serious offer.
    • West Ham didn't give Tomori much confidence.
Of course he felt that way. Not even Rio and Vidic can handle the legendary Phil Jagielka tape.

jesperjaap

So United apparently enquired about Chiesa.
Sounds like we made enquiries for him and Tonali from some reports I have read. Both always sounded like didnt want to leave Serie A but certainly no harm enquiring that is what an enquiry is to see if club and player have interest after all, as long as we didnt spend lots of time on these enquiries which doesnt seem to be the case. Both woul d have been very good signings

jesperjaap

Maybe the original plan was Pogba out and Sancho in?
Being half empty think that will be a real shame this happened as the season progresses as \i still expect a mediocre season this year though I am more hopeful longer term. I still expect another season of brilliant and awful moments from Pogba, basically consistently mediocre to decent over the season. I found it concerning watching him against SPurs, his body language that second half was as bad as anyone else on the pitch, he got frustrated and gave up......just cant rely on Pogba to lead this side and be a huge player consistently this season or ever....love to eat my words but for me though more talented its just like watching Anderson all over again, but I loved Anderson as he always tried and had the right attitude and I actually think he was consistently very good for us the first 18months.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Of course he felt that way. Not even Rio and Vidic can handle the legendary Phil Jagielka tape.
The exact reasons were because Moyes couldn't guarantee match time, and Tomori and his family were not given much info on West Ham's plans for him.

Highfather_24

Hot take :

We should have sold Dan James to finance the Jadon Sancho deal.

Apparently Utd were willing to pay upto 93M for Sancho, but not 108M as Dortmund wanted. We should have sold James for 20M(Leeds wanted him), to finance the deal.

Cruel? yes. But I know who I'd rather have in the squad.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Hot take :

Apparently Utd were willing to pay upto 93M for Sancho, but not 108M as Dortmund wanted. We should have sold James for 20M(Leeds wanted him), to finance the deal.

Absolutely inept.

edcunited1878

Hot take :

In addition, United were pursuing Sancho before the start of last season and that is confirmed in the Amazon Prime series about Dortmund plus strong media rumors around that time. So you know ahead of time, a full year ago, that Sancho was going to cost at least, at least 80 million quid, but probably much more. So Woodward is budgeting on this enormous transfer for more than a year. As the year comes and goes, don't you think you're making calculated financial moves to ensure that you have enough budget for your primary transfers?

And that's where the lack of movement for complete deadwood like Romero, Lingard, Pereria, Rojo, Jones, and Dalot come and bite you in the ass. Same with DDG or Sanchez wages. Their wages don't give you any flexibility to move off your books.

Romero gone for 8M, Lingard gone for 5M, Chong for 7M, Dalot for 5M. That's 20M to 25M in sales...and those are very conservative. So the fact that you cannot move these players on permanent transfer deals because of their wages or just indecision... starts and ends with Woodward.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
there is so much negative news around us these days.
It's hard to criticize the club as at least half of the tweets needs to be false
It's just an open goal for clicks. We're playing extremely poorly and we missed our main target. You can basically say anything you want and people will believe it if it paints us in a bad light. Negativity and confirmation bias are extremely powerful these days.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
IF (and that’s a big ‘If’) that’s true, then we can surely seal a summer move in the January window.
As you say, big 'if'.

I hate the clubs owners and structure and I'd safely say that it's challenging to put the contempt I have for this lot into words.

That being said, any one of us could write that sort of nonsense...it's open season on United and it will be widely understood that it won't take much to pour petrol on the flames.

It all seems alot of noise right now with little evidence to support it. Not that I don't think the summer window was an absolute fecking joke.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Paul Pogba was interviewed by RMC after the friendly against Ukraine.

[On his future]
I’m at Manchester. A lot has been said, but I haven’t. I heard a lot of noise like I was going to leave and that I should go to this or that club. Today, I’m still in Manchester, and I’m fighting to bring the club back to the highest level.

[On his contract renewal]
I prefer to focus on the ball and especially my comeback. I haven’t been told anything. I haven’t spoken with Ed Woodward. We haven’t spoken about a renewal. For now, I’m in Manchester and I’m especially thinking about coming back to the best of my ability. I think there will then be a time when the club will come to speak to me and maybe offer me something, or not. For now, nothing has happened. I can’t tell you something I don’t know. I’m thinking about myself, coming back and putting good performances for my club.

[On Zidane/Real Madrid]
Zidane? We all heard it, things were said. My reply? Yes, every football player would like to play at Real Madrid. It may be a dream. It’s a dream for me, why not one day. As I said, I’m in Manchester and I love my club. I’m performing in Manchester, I’m enjoying myself and I want to do everything to put the club back where it deserves to be. I’ll give my all, just like my teammates.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he'd obviously want to go to Madrid, it's not exactly a secret. He also didn't actually shut the door on a contract extension either.

GBBQ

BVB won't get 120 for Sancho. If things continue this way, the next summer window will have even less big money signings than this year.
Its annoying how its reported as he says a lot of positive things about United (where in previous seasons he might not have been so complimentary) and wanting to get back to where we should be.

As I said, I’m in Manchester and I love my club. I’m performing in Manchester, I’m enjoying myself and I want to do everything to put the club back where it deserves to be. I’ll give my all, just like my teammates
Obviously it would be even better if our player didn't talk about dreaming about other clubs but I don't think we're at the toxic level where he's agitating to get out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think he'd obviously want to go to Madrid, it's not exactly a secret. He also didn't actually shut the door on a contract extension either.
Yeah, the messages that he's sending out sound like the sort of things that Raiola would say word-for-word. The part that stuck out to me was this:
I haven’t been told anything. I haven’t spoken with Ed Woodward. We haven’t spoken about a renewal.
Raiola said this himself almost word-for-word when he was asked about Pogba a couple of months back. It seems to me that the club themselves haven't started talks yet even though Pogba's okay with sticking around.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah, the messages that he's sending out sound like the sort of things that Raiola would say word-for-word. The part that stuck out to me was this:

Raiola said this himself almost word-for-word when he was asked about Pogba a couple of months back. It seems to me that the club themselves haven't started talks yet even though Pogba's okay with sticking around.
Seems like an odd move on our part. Or does it? What's even normal for us anymore.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Seems like an odd move on our part. Or does it? What's even normal for us anymore.
We tend to leave contract extensions somewhat late, but it's just us; even AC Milan held out on contract renewal talks until their transfer business was done.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Also:
  • Aston Villa were interested in the forward previously.
  • West Brom are also interested in King.
    • They are also monitoring Huddersfield's Karlan Grant.
  • West Ham are also interested in Joe Rodon.
    • Spurs are ahead in the race.
    • Swansea want 18 million Pounds and a one-year loan (loan request for Spurs only).
  • West Ham could also approach Watford's Craig Dawson (cost: 4 million Pounds).

dev1l

Now that Juventus move is off, Raiola wants a new contract for Pogba including a fat fee for him. Interestingly , in the summer he told the Italian media that Paul will stay at United and will sign a new contract. But he said, they (Raiola and Pogba) were in no hurry and will take things "slowly slowly" .
Perhaps Ed is calling his bluff?

dev1l

We tend to leave contract extensions somewhat late, but it's just us; even AC Milan held out on contract renewal talks until their transfer business was done.
Donnarumma is a Raiola client too

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Now that Juventus move is off, Raiola wants a new contract for Pogba including a fat fee for him. Interestingly , in the summer he told the Italian media that Paul will stay at United and will sign a new contract. But he said, they (Raiola and Pogba) were in no hurry and will take things "slowly slowly" .
Perhaps Ed is calling his bluff?
From the English translation of those quotes (via Gianluca di Marzio), it seemed like Raiola himself was okay with taking this slowly rather than setting the pace himself. He, personally, wanted to get talks started sooner, but he understood both AC Milan and United's slower paces on his clients.

On our end, I'm guessing we're waiting to see how our finances are impacted before we approach Pogba for a new deal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sounds a lot better given the whole context of what he says. But regardless of whether we sell or not, we probably do need to extend his deal to preserve some value. We shouldn't be taking a loss on a player like Pogba.

Borussia Teeth

Hot take :

I think we made that bid knowing it would be rejected and can just claim BVB are unrealistic. The glazer's were never buying Sancho this summer. Selling James would have made no difference.

Did we really need VDB when we have Bruno/Pogba? Would we need the 2 young RWs if we got Sancho? Did Cavani really need to be added to the wage bill? That's probably over half the Sancho fee right there.

If Sancho was really our primary target then we could/should have got him. Woody and the glazers have strung us all along all summer pretending we're in for Sancho only to end shopping in Poundland on deadline day.

C3Pique

Pogba might dream of playing for Madrid but he's nowhere near good enough for them. That said if they want to chuck us 90m for him to pull off the occasional Youtube clip against some Spanish farmers I'd welcome it.

Nero

Pogba might dream of playing for Madrid but he's nowhere near good enough for them. That said if they want to chuck us 90m for him to pull off the occasional Youtube clip against some Spanish farmers I'd welcome it.
Exactly. At least he can dream, because that's all he has.

Madrid have moved on to Camavinga now for their midfield, and any marquee signing will be someone like Mbappe.

C3Pique

Who's buying? His form for the last year has been absolutely toilet, and his wage demands will be enormous. Only Woodward will be daft enough to pay him, and he'll celebrate it like he did with the Rooney and De Gea extensions, i.e not realising they're completely fecking us in the ass.

fezzerUTD

Sevilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.