Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cengiz Under talks about his current spell with Leicester in the Premier League.

Translation:

I am where I dreamt to be. I am happy to be at Leicester City. Hopefully, I will be permanent in the Premier League.

Stretender

Unpopular opinion. I think he’s better than Upamecano.
Sorry mate, I watched our semi final with Sevilla and did not see any Performances in their back four that looked like it was Upamecano's

Definitely think they’ll get Upamecano. It’s frustrating that we didn’t move quicker for him this summer.
Mengi will end up a better defender than Upamecano.

The kid is a baller. Our central defence will be fixed soon and people will be surprised that Mengi and Tuanzebe are the reason. It won't be long.

Stretender

No one is going to pay Dortmund 120 million in 18 months time let alone January.

They will have to enjoy the benefits of Sancho in their team until he runs down his contract and walks away for free.

There is no money in Football. No one is going back to Stadiums this whole season.

I am chuffed to bits that we managed to get Facundo Pellistri and Diallo for decent prices. This boy Facundo reminds me of David Silva who is the only player I ever wanted from that City line up. He moves effortlessly on the pitch.

Greenwood, Pellistri and Diallo. It's like Christmas guys. Add 600 goals legend Charlie McNeill Iam in heaven!

And then there is Mengi and Tuanzebe. Looks like the plan is coming up nicely.

We need to beat teams like Dortmund at their own game by signing these crown jewels before they make it big. We won't be able to sign everyone of course but it's a market we can easily dominate.

Last edited:

R77

The most irritating 'saga' ever? Despite how good the player may or may not be, does anyone care anymore? In true 2020 fashion it's also exposed more than ever the sheer amount of b*llsh*t out there. Feck off.

ti vu

Suppose this knocks out the idea that he was a panic buy.
How?

Atalanta side is saying United was very indecisive on this deal, until last minute of this summer window. Diallo nearly went on loan to Parma even. When we failed to land other targets, then we decided to pull the trigger on this deal, leaving it so late that he couldn't get to join the squad until his work permit get sorted (rumor to be January).

So another who can't contribute immediately due to late approach in transfer, missing few months not doing anything even if it's with other clubs to condition himself. If not panic buy, I don't know what is.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sorry mate, I watched our semi final with Sevilla and did not see any Performances in their back four that looked like it was Upamecano's
That’s why I said it’s unpopular opinion.

Unlike Kounde, Upamecano plays in back three with solid protection in front of him hard working midfielders. Sevilla was 3rd best defensively last season and based on the Europa league matches, Kounde looks like the better defender and ball playing than his partner who received more hype in La Liga.

Upamecano has incredible speed and strength which makes him above Koundé in those two aspects. But imo, Kounde is better in reading the game.

prateik

That’s why I said it’s unpopular opinion.

Unlike Kounde, Upamecano plays in back three with solid protection in front of him hard working midfielders. Sevilla was 3rd best defensively last season and based on the Europa league matches, Kounde looks like the better defender and ball playing than his partner who received more hype in La Liga.

Upamecano has incredible speed and strength which makes him above Koundé in those two aspects. But imo, Kounde is better in reading the game.
We had the 3rd best defence in the league last season.. conceding just 3 more than the best defence in the league..

And we dont have any competent defenders and Matic cant move.. Pogba doesnt defend.. instead he gifts the ball to the opposition outside our own half.. our wide forwards dont track back apparently .

Either our defenders are not as bad or that stat is meaningless.

Micky Targaryen

No one is going to pay Dortmund 120 million in 18 months time let alone January.

They will have to enjoy the benefits of Sancho in their team until he runs down his contract and walks away for free.

There is no money in Football. No one is going back to Stadiums this whole season.

I am chuffed to bits that we managed to get Facundo Pellistri and Diallo for decent prices. This boy Facundo reminds me of David Silva who is the only player I ever wanted from that City line up. He moves effortlessly on the pitch.

Greenwood, Pellistri and Diallo. It's like Christmas guys. Add 600 goals legend Charlie McNeill Iam in heaven!

And then there is Mengi and Tuanzebe. Looks like the plan is coming up nicely.

We need to beat teams like Dortmund at their own game by signing these crown jewels before they make it big. We won't be able to sign everyone of course but it's a market we can easily dominate.
:eek: Not even KDB and Aguero?

CG1010

Easy to say when they know we won't bid that high.
We reportedly bid 110 million right at the end of the window and it wasn't considered by Dortmund. I doubt they will accept any bid in January.. would we accept a bid for Rashford even if he wanted to go?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We had the 3rd best defence in the league last season.. conceding just 3 more than the best defence in the league..

And we dont have any competent defenders and Matic cant move.. Pogba doesnt defend.. instead he gifts the ball to the opposition outside our own half.. our wide forwards dont track back apparently .

Either our defenders are not as bad or that stat is meaningless.
Our defenders are not as bad. Any defense will look so much worse without protection from midfield and there is zero protection with Matic & Pogba in front of them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How?

Atalanta side is saying United was very indecisive on this deal, until last minute of this summer window. Diallo nearly went on loan to Parma even. When we failed to land other targets, then we decided to pull the trigger on this deal, leaving it so late that he couldn't get to join the squad until his work permit get sorted (rumor to be January).

So another who can't contribute immediately due to late approach in transfer, missing few months not doing anything even if it's with other clubs to condition himself. If not panic buy, I don't know what is.
Agree, I think we kept it on the long finger until the penny finally dropped that we couldn’t complete sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.