Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Sancho trained has shipped, and let's face it, he is a tad overrated.

Varun1

Sancho trained has shipped, and let's face it, he is a tad overrated.
If the ADT transfer goes through (subject to medical, personal terms and work permit) with a reported cost of up to £40m (or Euros?), there's no way we'll consider spending that much on a player in the same positions. So yeah, the Sancho ship has sailed.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If the ADT transfer goes through (subject to medical, personal terms and work permit) with a reported cost of up to £40m (or Euros?), there's no way we'll consider spending that much on a player in the same positions. So yeah, the Sancho ship has sailed.
I doubt that very much, one transfer won’t affect the other.

Diallo wasn’t a replacement for Sancho by any means especially if (what his previous club says is true) we were negotiating with them for up to a year

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don’t believe that for a second. They won’t get €120m from anyone else in this climate so they won’t turn it down IF it was offered. Which it won’t be
They turned down what ever we offered in the summer so I dont think its unreasonable to expect they wont sell in Jan.

RUCK4444

I don’t believe that for a second. They won’t get €120m from anyone else in this climate so they won’t turn it down IF it was offered. Which it won’t be
I remember saying this all through the last transfer window :(

I think they are more invested in embarrassing us than they are in maintaining their own finances.

ShinjiNinja26

Sick of this shite now. No one cares, hopefully young Diallo turns out to be an absolute baller and we can put this one to bed and concentrate on other areas. That would be the ideal scenario with Dortmund left with egg on their face and get nowhere near the sort of money we were offering in the summer. :)

RUCK4444

Sick of this shite now. No one cares, hopefully young Diallo turns out to be an absolute baller and we can put this one to bed and concentrate on other areas. That would be the ideal scenario with Dortmund left with egg on their face and get nowhere near the sort of money we were offering in the summer. :)
Yeah this would be great, but the latter (in bold) would be devastating as that would mean a PL rival would have gotten him for peanuts. :( :(

Cliche Guevara

We reportedly bid 110 million right at the end of the window and it wasn't considered by Dortmund. I doubt they will accept any bid in January.. would we accept a bid for Rashford even if he wanted to go?
feck sake - imagine even thinking this comparison.

CG1010

feck sake - imagine even thinking this comparison.
Sancho is as important to them as Rashford is for us. We will never consider selling an important player in January even if the player pushed for it. Similar will be the case with Dortmund. Or is Dortmund still the selling club who will wilt under the pressure of the combined weight of our bid?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sancho is as important to them as Rashford is for us. We will never consider selling an important player in January even if the player pushed for it. Similar will be the case with Dortmund. Or is Dortmund still the selling club who will wilt under the pressure of the combined weight of our bid?
Just wait and see the economic impact on clubs first. BD have already made a loss and that’s unsustainable

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Racing Club president Victor Blanco has his say on Sergio Romero.

Original source: Radio Colonia (via Olé)

I dream of bringing Chiquito, but he has to come with the conviction of wanting to return, knowing that he’s not going to earn in dollars or the amount of money he earns in Europe. But Racing opens the doors to everyone who wants to return. In Tita there’s a court with his name, obviously we want him to come, but it’s his decision and I understand if he wants to stay there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Lucas Torreira's father doesn't rule out his son staying at Arsenal after the loan spell.

Source: Libertad Digital

It was a very nice feeling, but it’s true that it wasn’t an easy transfer to arrange because we’re talking about two big clubs like Arsenal and Atlético de Madrid. That whole month was complicated because at times it seemed that it wasn’t going to be closed. Now Lucas will have an opportunity to show what he’s as a player and his codes as a professional. We’re very happy. As for Arsenal, Lucas did everything possible to give the best to the club, but there’s the possibility of returning and also with new knowledge and new experiences to contribute.

Lucas has a huge heart and puts a lot of effort into everything he does. That’s why he’s not one of the players who likes to be on the bench waiting for minutes. He needs to show what he can give on the pitch. He’s encouraged with the game. And that happened at Arsenal. Lucas is honest and wants to leave his soul on the pitch, but that is defined by the coaches and for the current Arsenal manager he didn’t count. Lucas wasn’t on the bench because he wanted to be there, but by decision of his coach. For a 24-year-old boy, recognized in Uruguay and around the world, the most necessary thing is to play. Arsenal decided that he wouldn’t have minutes, but we promise, God willing, if everything goes well and if there’s a coach at Arsenal who loves him when his contract with Atlético ends, he’ll leave his soul there again if they want him.

[No buy option in Torreira's contract with Atletico de Madrid] That clause wasn’t placed and the that’s the reality because that’s how business is. I’m very supportive of Lucas. If he made the decision to go to Atlético, it’s because he’s going to leave everything at Atlético. Then the clubs will decide. He made the decision not to go to Italy to go to Madrid and in Spain he’ll feel very good about the language, the way of life, the customs, the game… that’s why he has left other opportunities aside that were economically better than Atlético. Lucas wants to give everything and that the fans applaud him for the work he has done. Then we’ll see what happens between clubs. Despite the aforementioned about returning to Arsenal, it doesn’t mean that we’re not going to stay at Atlético. If Cholo continues to want him to stay at the end of the season and we once again have the opportunity to choose Atlético, it will be seen, but for now let time pass and we’ll see what happens because everything is uncertain today.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bayern director Hasan Salihamidzic on Hudson-Odoi:

Source: SportBild and Bild

There are transfers that get to the point where you have to say we’re out now. This makes it all the more important to think about alternatives or alternative ways from the outset. We negotiated with Chelsea but there was no agreement. That’s what happened.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Lucas Torreira's father doesn't rule out his son staying at Arsenal after the loan spell.

Source: Libertad Digital
Fair enough, hopefully he has a good season and manage to find his place in their midfield. Arteta clearly prefers big and strong midfielders. He will either stay at Atletico or sold back to Italy.

jesperjaap

Now we have signed two right wingers there is no way we would go back in for him in January anyway. Diallo and Dembele were obviously the other options and Pellestri we probably moved for when Dembele wasnt happening.

Id rather spend £120m on two defenders now as much as I like Sancho and wanted him.

COuld it turn out a blessing in disguise. Have been several occasions we have missed out on players and ended up signing a gem instead, happened with Cantona for example, would we hav esigned Ronaldo if ROnaghino didnt fall through. Only time will tell but I am excited to see Diallo

jesperjaap

Because we haven't just had 2 months to try...
Yes, five signings and no centre back I find astonishing. No surprise a lot of future transfer talk is of centre backs already, horrific error by the club in my opinion. Nearly every pundit interviewed about what we needed said a centre back yet no reports of us even moving for any I have seen

jesperjaap

We reportedly bid 110 million right at the end of the window and it wasn't considered by Dortmund. I doubt they will accept any bid in January.. would we accept a bid for Rashford even if he wanted to go?
Personally of we recieved a bid anywhere near that figure I would snap there hands off regardless of whether he wanted to go or not

chicha14

Yes, five signings and no centre back I find astonishing. No surprise a lot of future transfer talk is of centre backs already, horrific error by the club in my opinion. Nearly every pundit interviewed about what we needed said a centre back yet no reports of us even moving for any I have seen
IMO it was number priority along side a RW. We needed a minimum of one defender being a CB and anything additional in terms of defenders would have been a bonus. Our last couple of games are highlighting this dilemma early on. We are then going to pay over the top for someone in January just for the sake of getting a defender in OR Ole is going to rely heavily on Tuanzebe...

The United

It's just that they can't get rid of enough CB first. We still have shit loads of CB who are just sitting around.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Good, I hope he does.

I hope Man Utd (aka Glazers) continue to lose money left, right and center.
We should demand 120m Euros and wait until the last minute...in a relaxed state of course. Then watch him leave for free

Status
Not open for further replies.