Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

OK so when did this start because that certainly didn't happen in the last feckin transfer window!?

That would be ideal if they did aim for three major signings, we don't need a huge amount of players to add into the squad now, just a handful of key signings in problem areas.

If we did sign a top CB, DM and one of Grealish/Sancho that would more or less fix every position on the pitch with the exception of a top level striker.

Personally I think we should go all out for Haaland purely because he won't be available for long and strikers like that do not come along often.
Presumably you are talking about going for Haaland next summer as surely we need to prioritise CB, DM and either Grealish/Sancho in this summer window, so would you take

CB Konate £55m

CDM Zakaria £50m

RW Sancho £80m

So I reckon it would take around £185m to sign those three but maybe my predicted prices are way off

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Dagbladet

Josh King was also interviewed by the same newspaper:
The status is I’m a Bournemouth player and want to help the club back into the Premier League.

To be honest, I don’t think much of it [move to another club]. If there’s a bid and something concrete happens, we’ll have to take it then. But now I’m focused on playing well and staying healthy. Then time will tell you what’s going on. I stay calm, do not stress and respect the contract I have. I’ll give my best for Bournemouth as long as I’m here. I also believe that what is happening is happening for a reason. So, when there was no transfer last year, I think there’s a meaning behind it.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Lingard to Sheffield United?
For some reason, he thinks they're beneath him. For some reason they think he'll be the answer to their problems. Both wrong.

I thought he was a good manager, why would he swap potentially the (next) best player in the World who has 10 years ahead of him, for 2 players in their mid 30s?

RUCK4444

The last transfer window was affected by Covid but it's been reported for a while by many reputable journos that our strategy is 3 in, 3 out..
Yeah I've heard it reported a few times, just haven't seen.

Last window should have been our chance to capitalise on the situation, we were best placed to make the most of it.

Mihai

For some reason, he thinks they're beneath him. For some reason they think he'll be the answer to their problems. Both wrong.

I thought he was a good manager, why would he swap potentially the (next) best player in the World who has 10 years ahead of him, for 2 players in their mid 30s?
Because Poch has 18 months to deliver the CL.

RUCK4444

Presumably you are talking about going for Haaland next summer as surely we need to prioritise CB, DM and either Grealish/Sancho in this summer window, so would you take

CB Konate £55m

CDM Zakaria £50m

RW Sancho £80m

So I reckon it would take around £185m to sign those three but maybe my predicted prices are way off
Yeah. Those players would tick a lot of boxes for us.

I still think a top striker is a must. Can't be relying on Martial when Cavani doesn't play.

Alemar

Why doesn’t Lingard want to join them? It’s just a natural transition to the Championship where he belongs

Nick7

Doesn’t Mbappe want out?

crossy1686

career ending

CB, DM, Grealish or Sancho.

The DM should be someone who can transition play to a good level so I would personally hope we go for someone with the ability to pass the ball to a high level whilst resisting the press because we need someone like that IMO.
Fecking ONE would be a great start!

Borussia Teeth

Because Mbappe is approaching the final year of his contract and has made no secret if his desire to join Madrid. I'm sure Poch would rather keep him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

CB, DM, Grealish or Sancho.

The DM should be someone who can transition play to a good level so I would personally hope we go for someone with the ability to pass the ball to a high level whilst resisting the press because we need someone like that IMO.
Similar was said 12 months ago and yet where were our 3 big signings this past summer? They didn't happen

prateik

OL in financial trouble?
Not getting anything for Depay.. letting Dembele go on a loan..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Similar was said 12 months ago and yet where were our 3 big signings this past summer? They didn't happen
Tbh with you I think Covid put paid to that and will likely affect us in the summer too. So i'm hoping we identify one big signing with another two additions that will be value signings.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
OL in financial trouble?
Not getting anything for Depay.. letting Dembele go on a loan..
It's more so the players wanting to leave Lyon but not getting too many suitors. Juninho alluded to Dembélé losing his desire to play for Lyon recently, and last summer, we were well aware of Memphis talking about leaving Lyon and not willing to stay past his current contract.

In contrast, Aouar never made his desire to leave public, and he has way more competition for his signature.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I wouldn't rely on Vickery as a reliable source for transfer news. He's probably basing this off of the fact that the has been spreading among the not-so-reliable sources in England, Italy, and Spain.

Sources:
See this and this for a summary of their reports.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Is this guy on Twitter Poch?

King Kendrick

CB Konate £55m

CDM Zakaria £50m

RW Sancho £80m

Can’t confirm about the other two, but unless a massive bidding war starts in confident Zakaria would cost less than 50, probably around 35-40. Been a lot of noise about Neuhaus’ release clause and how it’s too high in covid times so theyll let him go for cheaper.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What do they say in the article? It requires subscription to read it:(
  • Ighalo will leave at the end of January.
  • United are open to offers for both Romero and Rojo.
  • United received no offers (loan or otherwise) for Lingard.
    • Solskjaer still sees a role for Lingard this season, so he's not being pushed out.
  • United will also want offers for Phil Jones, though his wages will make him difficult to move on (120k Pounds/week, apparently).
  • They're also seeking permanent sales for both Diogo Dalot and Andreas Pereira.

Alemar

• Ighalo will leave at the end of January.
  • United are open to offers for both Romero and Rojo.
  • United received no offers (loan or otherwise) for Lingard.
    • Solskjaer still sees a role for Lingard this season, so he's not being pushed out.
  • United will also want offers for Phil Jones, though his wages will make him difficult to move on (120k Pounds/week, apparently).
  • They're also seeking permanent sales for both Diogo Dalot and Andreas Pereira.
Many thanks. It’s sad Ole still sees a role for Lingard if true ...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Independiente del Valle general manager Santiago Morales:
We are talking with Brighton about the transfer of Moisés Caicedo. It’s not signed yet.

Moises Caicedo approached the embassy on Monday to get his visa. I still can’t say that he will play in the Premier League.

croadyman

Can’t confirm about the other two, but unless a massive bidding war starts in confident Zakaria would cost less than 50, probably around 35-40. Been a lot of noise about Neuhaus’ release clause and how it’s too high in covid times so theyll let him go for cheaper.
Should be all over Zakaria for that sort of figure then if he can prove his fitness between now & May

Status
Not open for further replies.