Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

But we're 100% not getting a fee from Portadown in Northern Ireland. We'd be lucky if there's even any wage contribution. :lol:
Doesn’t sound good - so we give them our talented goalkeeper prodigy for free?)

stu_1992

Doesn’t sound good - so we give them our talented goalkeeper prodigy for free?)
This is just an assumption on my part that we're getting nothing. Portadown are a semi-pro team, I don't think it's very likely they're paying Manchester United anything for the loan of thier player. If there are, it's going to be absolutely nominal. So yeah, the experience at a senior level is probably worth it in the clubs opinion. I have no idea if this is a player that is rated highly as I'm not sure I've heard of him.

SAFMUTD

Sources: Olé (newspaper) and Marca

Estudiantes join the race for Marcos Rojo.
What race? I mean I don't think any club is willing to offer us any fee for him. Maybe race with the player himself to see which club he preffers.

ShinjiNinja26

Sounds good to me.

Sounds all well and good but I’ll wait and see come the summer. I just really hope for once we actually go out and sign our first choice targets and really make a statement of intent, especially if we can mount any sort of serious title challenge this season.

Sanche7

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good. Add a CM to that if Pogba leaves, preferably Grealish. I think with a proper RW, DM and CB, we should be doing better than this year provided our forwards can start scoring more goals. And if Martial continues to struggle even next year, we should try our best to get Haaland in 2022

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Sounds good to me.

I feel like such reports always seem to raise up hopes for massive signings only for people to feel underwhelmed at the end. Until I see reports on our activity for such players, reports like these don't mean too much to me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not sure about CB but I think Ole's ideal signings for the other 2 positions would be Rice and Sancho.
I think a new CB is very important if Ole wants to successfully implement a high risk approach which he has spoke about and also implemented at Molde. That prospective CB is also gonna carry a huge burden on his shoulders on the turn over and signing one that fits the bill is gonna be very important if Solskjaer is successful in transitioning from defending with 6 and attacking with 4 to attacking with 6 and defending with 4 with the two CBs high up the the pitch in isolation.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I feel like such reports always seem to raise up hopes for massive signings only for people to feel underwhelmed at the end. Until I see reports on our activity for such players, reports like these don't mean too much to me.
Tbh with you he's reporting what Ole wants, which make a lot of sense as far the roles he's mentioned and the needs of the team. But what Ole wants, doesn't mean Ole gets.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tbh with you he's reporting what Ole wants, which make a lot of sense as far the roles he's mentioned and the needs of the team. But what Ole wants, doesn't mean Ole gets.
Yeah, the integrity or genuineness of the report isn't an issue for me. What you said in your last statement is why I don't like reading such reports, though. Ole may have ideas on how to improve the squad, but there are so many variables at play that could affect not only his transfer plans but also our ability to execute them. The Sancho saga last summer was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me.

Matt851

Sounds all well and good but I’ll wait and see come the summer. I just really hope for once we actually go out and sign our first choice targets and really make a statement of intent, especially if we can mount any sort of serious title challenge this season.
Exactly, would be nice if we could do some business quickly and efficiently rather than another long drawn out saga

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Napoli continue to shortlist more good full backs.

Napoli want to purchase him (though are determining whether selling Kevin Malcuit would make this feasible). Barcelona, however, prefer a loan.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Scamacca
    • Sassuolo want a loan with an obligation to buy.
    • Juventus would only agree to an option, not an obligation.
  • Giroud
    • Apparently, Giroud wouldn't mind moving to Juve despite saying that he's happy to remain with Chelsea.
    • Juve are willing to offer a contract until June 2022.
    • Chelsea want 5 million Euros.
      • Juve want him for free but are okay with paying money to Chelsea depending on certain variables.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The conversations I had with Ruben earlier in the season were that he wasn’t feeling as sharp as he wanted to be on the back of a really bad injury. He felt he needed games and maybe he could get regular games elsewhere. Seeing him play recently, I see him looking fit, fresh and strong. We know he’s an obvious talent so it’s great. If he can keep that up hopefully through the season, and if he can get back to where he was and more, then I’ll be very happy and he’ll come back as our player, for sure.

I thought he played well and I was really pleased to see that because when Ruben was getting fit and was with us, I felt like we missed him last year. And when Ruben was getting fit, I was excited because I know the attributes he has and I wanted those attributes at the club.

jeepers

I think a new CB is very important if Ole wants to successfully implement a high risk approach which he has spoke about and also implemented at Molde. That prospective CB is also gonna carry a huge burden on his shoulders on the turn over and signing one that fits the bill is gonna be very important if Solskjaer is successful in transitioning from defending with 6 and attacking with 4 to attacking with 6 and defending with 4 with the two CBs high up the the pitch in isolation.
I’ll defer to your diligence and knowledge as I’ve no idea what Ole’s system was before coming to United, and what he eventually wants to implement on this team.

BUT

IF he does want to eventually implement this system you described, why did he buy Maguire?

Genuinely curious, not looking for a fight. You’re a prominent figure with excellent posts hence my question to you.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’ll defer to your diligence and knowledge as I’ve no idea what Ole’s system was before coming to United, and what he eventually wants to implement on this team.

BUT

IF he does want to eventually implement this system you described, why did he buy Maguire?

Genuinely curious, not looking for a fight. You’re a prominent figure with excellent posts hence my question to you.
I've questioned Solskjaer's decision to sign both Maguire and Wan Bissaka, because from the evidence at hand both players aren't suited to playing the style of football, Solskjaer wants to implement. Solskjaer has stated several times that he wants to press high and push the back line high up the pitch and also expects his fullbacks to contribute in offensive transition. So when you weigh up what he said, it's understandable to come to the conclusion that neither player suits the style of football he spoke about implementing. I even said at the time we signed Maguire that we'll be looking to sign another CB in the subsequent seasons due to him not being a fit for Solskjaer long-term. So it's not a surprise to me that the Manchester press pack is reporting or has reported that we're now looking to sign a commanding CB who can defend 1v1 when the fullbacks are caught upfield. We could've signed that CB instead of Maguire and even saved a wad of cash in the process IMO which would've helped Solskjaer transition a lot quicker to his desired way of playing which he spoke about and even implemented for several years at Molde. But what's happened instead is that we've had to adopt a reactive approach instead and used the counter attack to our advantage and defended deep which suits both Maguire and Wan Bissaka.

I sadly can't answer your question because it's a question that's been bugging me for a long time. But if I was to speculate, i'd say that due to his inexpierience when he first got the job, he took on board suggestions from from someone who didn't understand his style of play, and he (Ole) didn't understand the short comings of both players in his way of playing the game.But to his credit he has adapted his tactics to the strength of the players he bought and has been getting results. But I do think he's still looking for a CB with a particular profile and unless Eric Bailly changes his mind, I do think he'll prioritize the signing of one and will want to play a high risk attacking game next season.

sparx99

Bailly has shown what we are missing at CB. A shame he’s never been able to stay for and Tuanzebe had a chance to stake a claim but again injuries have taken their toll.

stubie

We aren’t going to spend more money on an RB when we just shelled out £50m on a 22 year old.
Look at the amount we have spend on midfielders to get top quality competition, we need the same approach to other areas.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Look at the amount we have spend on midfielders to get top quality competition, we need the same approach to other areas.
The approach is there though. We also signed Dalot before signing AWB for 19m if I’m not wrong. Which didn’t turn out well at all. We first need to get rid of him before we sign any backups for RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.