Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmbroDays

We should do because he's really not very good.
AWB statistically is a good player compared across the board. There are a few mistakes, but again, he’s 23

Look at the amount we have spend on midfielders to get top quality competition, we need the same approach to other areas.
We've been linked with several. At the very least as competition to awb like Telles and Shaw.
I’ll believe it when it happens but it’ll be nothing more than an older backup. AWB is the future RB for this team and youth is on his side.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

[About Alli leaving Spurs] It’s not a question that I am comfortable to answer. Of course, I would know how to answer you. But I am not ready to answer, I am not ready to make public my vision of the situation. I am sorry about that, but I’m not going to answer.

[On whether he could afford to let someone leave without a replacement] You are asking that question in a general way but you are, of course, speaking about Alli so the question that you are asking me is if would I let Alli go without getting a player in exchange and I’m not going to answer that question to you.

[About unhappy players] I think in every dressing-room are unhappy players. For sure. If any one of us, of my tribe, tells you that in his dressing-room are only happy players, I don’t think it’s true. Or somebody is so so lucky to have a miracle in his hands. I believe that in every dressing-room, there are unhappy players. Then you can have (an) unhappy professional and the unhappy professional is the one that is unhappy but feels that his duty is to work, work, work and work. And there is the unhappy (person) that believes that it’s not his job to fight and to work every minute for the squad and for the club. But unhappy players you have everywhere and in every club, I promise you that.
This kind of reads like cracks are starting to form within the dressing room.

On a side note, Harry Winks won't be leaving the club in January.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Leipzig have already signed the Upamecano replacement in Josko Gvardiol who is a left footed CB and will turn 19 next week. Simikan is a right footed CB and will likely replace Konate who I believe will move to a English club either Liverpool or United IMO.

Bondi77

Leipzig have already signed the Upamecano replacement in Josko Gvardiol who is a left footed CB and will turn 19 next week. Simikan is a right footed CB and will likely replace Konate who I believe will move to a English club either Liverpool or United IMO.
He is going to be a starting LCB for Leipzig at the age of 19?
How come we were not after him?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is going to be a starting LCB for Leipzig at the age of 19?
How come we were not after him?
He's rated very highly and Leipzig's strategic model is to buy young with the lure of first team football at a highly level and then sell so the player is better prepared for the very big clubs. It's a developmental path that is very enticing for young players who want game time.

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
So him, Depay and Garcia for free in the summer would be good business considering their financial situation.

Both him and Depay to Barca are surely tied to Koeman still being Barca coach in summer, which is more than questionable. Sounds very foolish to me, to bank on the opportunity to join Barca if that's what Wijnaldum is really doing.

cyberman

Yes if they would have a lot of money for transfers but that isn't the case therefore it would be good business.
Oh its good business for the price but overall it should be seen as a huge fall from grace.
This is 2001 level of transfers for them. Theyd be lucky to stand still with that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'd say we should forget Max Aarons, if rumours are to be believed, and go in for Lamptey, especially if Brighton go down.
Lamptey has just signed an extension till 2024/25. Will either have to wait another year at least or pay big money.

Rather wait to see how Laird develops

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bit of a strange one, Ibra is coming back to fitness and they have Leao and Rebic who can play as striker. Plus he's not played in a while, it'll take him a few weeks to get up to speed.
They really need an actual backup for Ibra, somebody with a similar skillset

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Bit of a strange one, Ibra is coming back to fitness and they have Leao and Rebic who can play as striker. Plus he's not played in a while, it'll take him a few weeks to get up to speed.
Zlatan is 39. They have to have contingency plan. The data for players at that age is incredibly minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.