Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

First of all, Diego Costa earns €16million (£14m) gross every year. It's the first thing that we should recognise.

I received a WhatsApp message from an unknown number telling me that Diego Costa wanted to come to OM. I thought it was a joke. He's one of the best strikers in the world, [but we are] going to look for something else. We cannot pay his salary.

Giggsyking

“He’s beginning to click again,” said Honigstein on Sky Sports’ Transfer Talk podcast. “He looks really sharp, he looks up for it.

“But everybody in Dortmund knows nothing will happen in January, the player is not agitating for a move, there’s a very clear agreement that transfers of that magnitude at Dortmund will only happen in the summer.

“There was a big transfer announced in January 2019. That was Christian Pulisic [to Chelsea]. But remember, even his deal was the deal for the summer.

“So no one’s stopping United, if they went out, and felt really confident, to say, ‘let’s do this deal now, let’s make sure we get in now’. And maybe then announce it at the end of January. That’s inherently possible.

“We just haven’t seen or heard anything to suggest that they are indeed ready and willing to come back to that negotiation at the moment. I think everyone at Dortmund is under no illusions that the player wants to leave.

“But they think that the offers and the real negotiations will start closer to towards spring when clubs are perhaps in a better position to understand how much money they’ll have available for their transfer window in the summer.”

Sancho’s asking price could even be reduced from last summer, Honigstein added, but Dortmund still hold all the aces when deciding what fee their player, who’s contract expires in June 2023, should go for.

“United are saying ‘you’re quoting us prices that are pre-corona prices, but come on, that’s not realistic’,” Honigstein added.

“And I think there will come a point where the player will also feel that his value needs to be realistic in order for him to be able to move.

“So Dortmund cannot now come back and say, ‘you know what, actually, he’s had another great season, he’s one year older, let’s make it €160m’.

“That’s not going to happen. But they want to wait, they want to see how much money will Barcelona have this year? How much money will Real Madrid spend, a club that haven’t spent any money in the last two years? Are they keeping their powder dry, for a big move?

“If it’s not Kylian Mbappe, maybe they’re going to go after Jadon Sancho.

“So all these things make Dortmund fairly confident they can still achieve a higher valuation. But of course, it’s also mixed up with him performing really well. So I don’t think it’s inconceivable that the price might go down a little bit, but not that much.”

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It must be horrible dealing with Dortmund as a business, all they do is publicly spout bollox, for them to even utter €160m is laughable (I know he's saying they won't get it, but it doesn't even need to be said it's so unfathomable).

There's going to come a point where youngsters are going to see them as a club to avoid unless they get release clauses in their contracts like Haaland.

Hopefully Bellingham's agent had the smarts to put some sort of release clause in his contract.

SAFMUTD

Kicker are also throwing United's name into the Alaba cooking pot.

For the sake of your blood pressure, don't get too invested into this.
He'll be a great great addition who can cover 3 positions, but unfortunately I don't think he'll move here unless we're willing to pay him a lot more than other clubs.

His movement doesn't seem to be about money but about new challenges specifically Madrid.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC

Strange one this, Jean-Philippe Mateta looks to be incoming to Palace on an 18 month loan deal, £2.5m initial fee and £13m if he plays in more than 15 games. Scored a fair few goals for Mainz this season, seems odd they’d go for this deal.

saivet

I doubt it will happen (and I don't necessarily think it's the best thing to do anyway) but I do wonder if the club is or would pursue signing him early, a bit like Chelsea did with Zyiech and Pulisic.

That said the Pulisic signing may have been pushed early because I think their transfer ban was on the horizon and they would have known Hazard was leaving.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: press conference (via Le10 Sport)

Lens manager Franck Haise is asked about the Medina to United rumours.
Can we lose Medina this winter? We can lose any player at the moment because it’s an open transfer window. This goes beyond me.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Strange one this, Jean-Philippe Mateta looks to be incoming to Palace on an 18 month loan deal, £2.5m initial fee and £13m if he plays in more than 15 games. Scored a fair few goals for Mainz this season, seems odd they’d go for this deal.
Palace have been chasing Mateta for a while, so for them to get him will be a big boost for them.

On the structure of the deal, I think that has to do with COVID-19 and its impact on the finances more than anything else. Besides, if it doesn't work out for Mateta, Mainz would be able to keep a useful player in their side, so it's a win-win.

Fridge chutney

Ronaldo just started following United on Instagram. That means he's 100% certain to join us in the summer, right?

dev1l

I'd take him on loan for the Europa League to give Bruno a break, I suppose? Unless he's truly burnt out now. Sounds like an utter load of shite though.
That's not a bad idea.The schedule from now till end of the season is quite hectic.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Conti has played 3 league games this season, so no.
Yeah, that has already happened this season. What this does mean, however, is that Milan might actually be serious about buying Diogo Dalot from Manchester United. With this sale + the fact that Dalot is still young, we might be able to fetch a decent fee for him.

OleGunnar20

Sounds like a sensible deal on a loan, so long as we're only covering a portion of his wages. Quality competition for Bruno if he hits the ground running and a much needed alternative for our Europa team.

On a permanent deal I'd be very sceptical mind you. He doesn't look like a player with much fire left in his belly these last couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.