Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

Sounds like a sensible deal on a loan, so long as we're only covering a portion of his wages. Quality competition for Bruno if he hits the ground running and a much needed alternative for our Europa team.

On a permanent deal I'd be very sceptical mind you. He doesn't look like a player with much fire left in his belly these last couple of years

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Sounds like a sensible deal on a loan, so long as we're only covering a portion of his wages. Quality competition for Bruno if he hits the ground running and a much needed alternative for our Europa team.

On a permanent deal I'd be very sceptical mind you. He doesn't look like a player with much fire left in his belly these last couple of years
He would be cover for Bruno, but he is also a right winger. Or at least a player who have most of his games in the PL on the RW in a 4231.

Not sure how much is left of Eriksen, but low risk, high reward? A player with a lot to prove!

Adamsk7

He would be cover for Bruno, but he is also a right winger. Or at least a player who have most of his games in the PL on the RW in a 4231.

Not sure how much is left of Eriksen, but low risk, high reward? A player with a lot to prove!
He’s only 28, still got plenty left in the tank. He just got in to a rut at Spurs and made a bad move. He’s a quality player

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
People forgetting one issue with Eriksen. He's shite and can't even do it in a league that makes Sanchez, Lukaku and Young look good. Absolutely feck off with this idea.

OleGunnar20

That'll do nicely.

Ayye I'd go with that. Low risk high reward, and saves us having to rush through a youngster / see lingard again in the event of a an injury crisis.

I get people thinking hes shot mind, Falcao / Sanchez / Bale certainly come to mind. It's a gamble, but a reasonable one on a half season loan for me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone who thinks Solskjaer might be interested in Eriksen hasn’t been paying attention for the last couple of years.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Yeah it seriously wouldn't fit the strategy we seemingly have in place.
How?

OGS did sign Eikrem for Molde and that was a type of player he really loved. Different level and all that, but I bet OGS is a big fan of Eriksen as a player.

Canuckred64

You wouldnt think Eriksen is finished, he's only 29 next month. Great player for Spurs , though he did tail of his last year there and he hasn't done anything in Italy. A 4 month loan with Milan picking up the majority of his wages might not be a bad option.

SAFMUTD

Loan until the end of the season with the option of extending one extra season seems a good deal. We would be paying just half his wages if he doesnt work then he's off in the summer but if he does then we got ourselves a truely top player. Plus Inter helped us with Alexis we should at least try to help them with Erikseen.

Castia

On loan, why not? Perhaps he could perform well for us and,if we ask Pogba, replace him as such.

Where is he going to play? he wont play CAM because Bruno has that locked down and we rarely play with a playmaker in a midfield 2 hence why Donny cant get a kick, it's just another body we cant get into the squad.

Truth be told he seems to have done a 'Sanchez' as well he's not the same player he was 2 years ago.

Jonesno.8

Said it loads of times now on different threads. V low risk at the money for the loan being thrown around. If he gets game time it's because he will be doing something right and if not its only a loan. If managed to hit the ground running what an option to have on your bench.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Zaza's also targeted by Benevento.
  • Cagliari need to sell before they can buy.
    • West Ham is interested in Giovanni Simeone.

RUCK4444

Loan until the end of the season with the option of extending one extra season seems a good deal. We would be paying just half his wages if he doesnt work then he's off in the summer but if he does then we got ourselves a truely top player. Plus Inter helped us with Alexis we should at least try to help them with Erikseen.
Yeah I’d definitely take that option. No major outlay to affect our summer spending and if he does well we can keep him an extra year.

Sounds a no brainer to add extra depth and like you say we definitely owe Inter a favour. :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The obstacles: Milik needs to pay Napoli money for the following:
  • A restaurant opened for him in Poland
  • Fines for the player mutiny under Ancelotti

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Solskjaer:
The decision is very difficult every time with Juan. You know he has the quality. If he plays, he scores goals, he has contributed this season. Then again, you have other players who have taken his role as well. Mason [Greenwood] has done well in that position and Paul [Pogba] now.

Juan really contributes in and around the group. He is one of those I have discussions with all the time and it is difficult to leave him out but unfortunately that’s where it is at the moment. No decision has been made yet.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Additional details:
  • Sokratis is also pursued by both Real Betis and Olympiakos.
  • Genoa are also looking for a new striker.
    • Sam Lammers (Atalanta) is one option.

SAFMUTD

Solskjaer:
Sounds like we're preparing to let him free, its a smart statement by Ole praise the player but also say he's not between the first options. Mata is a class player and he deserves to be treated with respect, but definitely dont renew him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Must sell Zaza first before bringing more players in
  • Incoming targets
    • Antonio Sanabria (Real Betis)
    • Lukas Lerager (Genoa; loan)
    • Jasmin Kurtic (Parma)
    • Mehdi Bourabia (Sassuolo)
    • Amadou Diawara (Roma; not for sale)

SpanishMain

The decision is very difficult every time with Juan. You know he has the quality. If he plays, he scores goals, he has contributed this season. Then again, you have other players who have taken his role as well. Mason [Greenwood] has done well in that position and Paul [Pogba] now.

Juan really contributes in and around the group. He is one of those I have discussions with all the time and it is difficult to leave him out but unfortunately that’s where it is at the moment. No decision has been made yet.

Keep him on as a player coach.
OR
Maybe keep him on for player recruitment.
Front office job somewhere in the organization.
Well respected and shows MU is a good light.

meamth

You wouldnt think Eriksen is finished, he's only 29 next month. Great player for Spurs , though he did tail of his last year there and he hasn't done anything in Italy. A 4 month loan with Milan picking up the majority of his wages might not be a bad option.
Not yet finished, but steadily declined.

Read somewhere his work rate has decreased a lot in recent years, and that was one of the main reasons why Poch got fired.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Where is he going to play? he wont play CAM because Bruno has that locked down and we rarely play with a playmaker in a midfield 2 hence why Donny cant get a kick, it's just another body we cant get into the squad.
He'd be a Mata replacement as a back up — they have very similar attributes, but Eriksen should still be a bit fitter/faster (although he hasn't been in a good form for a while now). They even share preferred positions, and it's more than likely that if he'd come in, he'd mostly start on the right. He'd also be a more natural back up for Bruno as he's a genuine playmaker (not like Donny) who is comfortable in that exact role (not like Pogba).

Who knows. We've signed some old/supposedly washed up players on loans and on a free like Ighalo & Cavani under Ole's management.

pacifictheme

Anyone who thinks Solskjaer might be interested in Eriksen hasn’t been paying attention for the last couple of years.
While i sort of agree, ighalo and cavani suggest its not unthinkable at all.

A loan to the end of the season wouldn't be the worst idea.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
While i sort of agree, ighalo and cavani suggest its not unthinkable at all.

A loan to the end of the season wouldn't be the worst idea.
I‘m talking attitude and motivation rather than age. Cavani and Iglaho have had exemplary attitudes and application since they arrived, Eriksen has had nothing but question marks about his for the last couple of years.

pacifictheme

I‘m talking attitude and motivation rather than age. Cavani and Iglaho have had exemplary attitudes and application since they arrived, Eriksen has had nothing but question marks about his for the last couple of years.
Yeah that's fair I guess. Good point.

red_de_pologne

As much as I'm glad we didn't sign Eriksen a couple years back a cheap loan would surely do no harm, just hope there's no talk of letting VDB the other way

Status
Not open for further replies.