Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can actually see no club signing Haaland this summer. With the impact of Covid, it would be hard to economically justify spending 120-150 million on him this year when you could get him for a much-reduced price next year, owing to his release clause. Barca is probably the only club stupid enough to buy him this summer by plunging themselves further into debt and taking loans to fund this signing.

He may want to move if Dortmund don't get the CL but who will buy him realistically? Bayern have already said no, I don't see City breaking their structure for him either. Utd won't pay this much money when we could get him for cheap next year, same as Liverpool. Italian clubs don't have this kind of money and if Real break the bank for someone it will most likely be Mbappe. So that just leaves PSG, Chelsea and Barca as potential destinations this summer. Would he really want to go to PSG (who will only probably want him as a Mbappe replacement if he leaves)? Chelsea might be an option but don't really see it. Barca, with Laporta desperate to throw his weight around, might be the only ones stupid enough to go for him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We were never signing Halaand for 135m anyway

Devil may care

The main thing with Haaland is we don't want him at another PL club, especially Liverpool or Chelsea. I mean going into next season with Martial and Mason as our striker options isn't very inspiring but something has to give between striker and RW because our board won't address both issues imo.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
"It's beautiful"

He's off to city.

Imagine we got through our CL group and drew Dortmund and what Haaland would say.

"The paint is peeling off the walls ay? And is that a leak over there?"

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The latest Torreira quotes come from the Uruguayan media.
Riquelme called me after the interview, I always talk to him. He thanked me for speaking well about the club and sent greetings to my family at this time. I never considered coming to Uruguay, it’s not an idea that I have, my intention has always been very clear of coming to Boca.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Southampton are interested in acquiring Brandon Williams.

Let's see how much they offer. If they're offering ~15 million Pounds, I'd accept the offer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Olé claim that Cavani told Murtough and Woodwards that he "promised to communicate" his decision on whether he'd stay or go by the end of April.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sky Italia
  • Talks between Calhanoglu and Milan have stalled.
  • Milan are offering no more than 4 million Euros and do not intend to improve on that.
  • Calhanoglu wants 5 million Euros guaranteed (i.e. bonuses should take it above that amount), and that's as low as he can go.
  • Juventus, Arsenal, and Chelsea are all interested in him.

Last edited:

Infra-red

• Milan are offering no more than 4 million Euros and do not intend to improve on that.
  • Calhanoglu wants 5 million Euros guaranteed (i.e. bonuses should take it above that amount), and that's as far low as he can go.
He would not be a bad Fernandes backup on a free transfer. We do need someone as cover, because there is a serious dearth in creativity in the squad and we would struggle badly if he picked up an injury.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

• Calhanoglu wants 5 million Euros guaranteed (i.e. bonuses should take it above that amount), and that's as far low as he can go.
Would take him on a free

BlackShark_80

Juventus and Milan are thinking about the possibility of swapping Bernardeschi and Romagnoli.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: UOL

This comes in response to rumours from Portugal's newspaer Record that Telles might get used in a swap deal to land Sporting's left back Nuno Mendes. Afterwards, O Jogo referred to a social media message from Telles's sister indicating that Porto will be his only Portuguese club to deny the rumours.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sky Sport Austria

I’m planning another three years at Southampton because I still have a three-year contract. At the moment, there are not many scenarios at the moment where I can imagine ending this. For me, the Premier League feels like a whole year in the Champions League. When you see our games, you play at Manchester City on a Wednesday evening – those are games some would be happy about. It’s a lot of fun as a manager because you can and must always assert yourself at the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.