Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Olé

Lucas's father Ricardo Torreira:
Lucas doesn’t know Argentina, but he’s a Boca fan as a boy. Obviously it’s the first option for him, but I have already received other calls from Brazilian teams in case Boca does not happen.

Lucas is suffering a lot being alone there in Europe, we’re seeing how we can accompany him this month and a half that he has left until the end of the season. When you lose a person as it happened to us, so dear, you realise that life passes you by elsewhere. If Lucas wants to come to Boca, let him come.

We want to resolve the exit from Arsenal first and then sit down with Boca. If they think it’s convenient that Lucas is the player, they’ll exhaust the resources to reach an agreement. It’s obvious that Boca will have to spend, Arsenal will want something in return, although it’s not that Lucas is going to lose value by coming to Boca.

Chairman Steve

Torreira is to Arsenal what Schneiderlin was to us. On the paper it looked shrewd business but in reality they were distinctly crap and not at all suited to the team they had joined.

Nick7

He was fine for the most part. These recent developments have been due to his mother dying from COVID, so now he's really missing his family and wants to spend more time with them.
Sure. I really just wanted to have a dig at Arsenal.

Mark Pawelek

He would not be a bad Fernandes backup on a free transfer. We do need someone as cover, because there is a serious dearth in creativity in the squad and we would struggle badly if he picked up an injury.
He won't get much game time if he comes here. Ole loves playing Bruno. At 27, Çalhanoğlu is also at his ceiling and isn't getting any better. So we should add a young attacking midfielder with a very high ceiling to the squad and play him instead when Ole wants to sub off Bruno. Oh ..., wait a minute, we already have one; he's called Hannibal.

Infra-red

Interesting. You often hear about the lengths to which clubs go with analytics to ensure that a player is a good fit for the existing team - you don't often read about players picking the club that best fits them based on similar analysis.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Interesting. You often hear about the lengths to which clubs go with analytics to ensure that a player is a good fit for the existing team - you don't often read about players picking the club that best fits them based on similar analysis.
The Athletic did an interview with Johnathon Barnett, the head of the agency that represents Shaw, Grealish among others and he mentioned that his agency's analytics department is as big if not bigger than most clubs. De Bruyne negotiated his deal without an agent, so I guess he paid for one on his own from a firm.

Falcow

The Athletic did an interview with Johnathon Barnett, the head of the agency that represents Shaw, Grealish among others and he mentioned that his agency's analytics department is as big if not bigger than most clubs. De Bruyne negotiated his deal without an agent, so I guess he paid for one on his own from a firm.
I hope it didnt cost him much seeing as the output from the analytical research seems to have been........wait for it....his current club.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I hope it didnt cost him much seeing as the output from the analytical research seems to have been........wait for it....his current club.
pretty sure he was able to negotiate a good pay hike. If he paid an agency 25k for it, it’s a drop in the bucket compared to his weekly wages.

Falcow

pretty sure he was able to negotiate a good pay hike. If he paid an agency 25k for it, it’s a drop in the bucket compared to his weekly wages.
Ah yeah, I'm just kidding. I respect him even more for not having an agent. How I wish he played for us. Compare that with the Riola circus.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ah yeah, I'm just kidding. I respect him even more for not having an agent. How I wish he played for us. Compare that with the Riola circus.
In this case, it wasn't his choice; his agent was arrested a while back, so he had no choice but to negotiate without one.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm pretty sure he could've gotten a replacement
He could've, but finding someone who you'd be comfortable with on such short notice is easier said than done. He could have gone with another former intermediary, but he was also under police investigation, so de Bruyne basically ran out of instant options.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Sky Italia

When you live at Napoli, you can never forget. I had a wonderful experience and I am very fond of the city and the fans. Now honestly, I’m not thinking about it because my concentration is all on Chelsea. However, if there is the possibility, one day, you don’t know when, to return, of course, I’d like it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport

The price drop is mainly based on the fact that Milenkovic chose not to renew his contract, so his value is apparently dropping as a result of that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Former United scout Javier Ribalta will now be Parma's technical directer after previously spending time at Zenit as their sporting director.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Possible to post the text for those who aren't subscribed? Or at least tell curious little me about the £4m we're maybe getting from the loan :)
Unfortunately, I'm not subscribed to the Athletic, so I can't give any particular details. However, Roshane Thomas's Tweet reads like a nice summary; I don't see what else would be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.