Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Raiola's Blitz: in the past few hours in Turin
Summary (thanks to this Reddit post):
[Romeo Agresti] Raiola will become the protagonist of the Juventus market in terms of arrivals and departures this summer with names like Pogba, Donnarumma, Bernardeschi, Romagnoli & Pellegrini in the discussions leading to potential negotiations. No offers will be considered for De Ligt.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Varane would be an exceptional signing. Still think it is worth considering a straight swap for Pogba, if the latter is determined to leave.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ed is a fan of Varane though, that's old news. Just like how he wanted us to get Cavani years ago. No need to have a fit over it.
He’s a multiple CL winning and World Cup-winning centre half. I imagine he has quite a few fans.

SATA

I would think Varane is coming to play with Pogba rather than the latter leaving? Two world cup winners in the same team why not? This team need more winning characters

OmarUnited4ever

Varane story does not look believable at all, he is looking to get his new contract with a new salary and be on par with the likes of Ramos & Marcelo, most likely he will renew and accept a slightly improved salary, he does not have Ramos' influence in Madrid.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s probably through the lack of a true DM in the squad other than an ancient Matic who has the turning circle of a cruise liner.
If the manager believes lone DM is critical for his system, he would have sign one and making it priority. But in reality, it's been 2 seasons, he didn't make this as priority because the manager's system doesn't require lone DM as critical component. The hybrid one is more than enough.

RUCK4444

If the manager believes lone DM is critical for his system, he would have sign one and making it priority. But in reality, it's been 2 seasons, he didn't make this as priority because the manager's system doesn't require lone DM as critical component.
I'm not saying it's what Ole want's but it's what many would prefer.

It could easily be due to the fact that elite DM's are few and far between. I mean who could we have signed for that role in the last two summers?

IMO I think Ole would like to play Pogba in a midfield two with an elite DM covering for Pogba's limitations defensively. Like how Pogba plays for France alongside Kante. Whenever Ole get's excited and fields an attacking team against a lesser side he tends to partner Pogba alonside Matic or McTominay, with full strength attackers in front of them. If we can improve that DM alongside him that's how I think Ole would like to field the team (and how I would like to see it also.)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm not saying it's what Ole want's but it's what many would prefer.

It could easily be due to the fact that elite DM's are few and far between. I mean who could we have signed for that role in the last two summers?

IMO I think Ole would like to play Pogba in a midfield two with an elite DM covering for Pogba's limitations defensively. Like how Pogba plays for France alongside Kante.
Why would it matter about what many would prefer? The post you replied is about what the manager wants, why we are looking for hybrid one not a DM. The reality is that we have been playing hybrid midfield and the manager's system does not require lone DM as critical component. If the hybrid one is cheaper and still working for the manager's system then there is no reason to spend more expensive one like DM when there is other priority.

People opinion can consist bias. Thus, we need to think first why we are looking for a hybrid midfielder but not DM. And when you think about it, there is a valid reason.

RUCK4444

Why would it matter about what many would prefer? The post you replied is about what the manager wants, why we are looking for hybrid one not a DM. The reality is that we have been playing hybrid midfield and the manager's system does not require lone DM as critical component. If the hybrid one is cheaper and still working for the manager's system then there is no reason to spend more expensive one like DM when there is other priority.

People opinion can consist bias. Thus, we need to think first why we are looking for a hybrid midfielder but not DM. And when you think about it, there is a valid reason.
It requires a true DM to get the best from Pogba in a midfield two. If we plan on retaining Pogba he has to play in a midfield two unless you think it's better to play him off the left instead of Rashford.

To balance this team with Pogba remaining an integral part we need a top level defensive midfielder. It doesn't matter if we label that a 'hybrid' or whatever you want to call it. Basically a midfield partner who sits more than Pogba and is defensively top level (better than we have.)

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Varane story does not look believable at all, he is looking to get his new contract with a new salary and be on par with the likes of Ramos & Marcelo, most likely he will renew and accept a slightly improved salary, he does not have Ramos' influence in Madrid.
Ramos days are numbered though, he knows this and he knows this is the time for his big big contract. He's right to seek it out and get it, it is much deserved on his part.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It requires a true DM to get the best from Pogba in a midfield two. If we plan on retaining Pogba he has to play in a midfield two unless you think it's better to play him off the left instead of Rashford.

To balance this team with Pogba remaining an integral part we need a top level defensive midfielder. It doesn't matter if we label that a 'hybrid' or whatever you want to call it. Basically a midfield partner who sits more than Pogba and is defensively top level (better than we have.)
In the weekend Pogba was performing brilliant and it didn't require a true DM to make him playing like that. Not only that, we also won the game and he was part of big influence in our victory. Thus, it doesn't require a true DM to get the best out of Pogba and to make us win a match together. You need to understand and think rationally of any possible alternative or reason why we are targeting players that is not DM but more hybrid one because our system can still be operated without a DM and to get the best out of Pogba also does not require a DM.

Adamsk7

In the weekend Pogba was performing brilliant and it didn't require a true DM to make him playing like that. Not only that, we also won the game and he was part of big influence in our victory. Thus, it doesn't require a true DM to get the best out of Pogba and to make us win a match together.
He said in a midfield two. Pogba played off the left at the weekend.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He said in a midfield two. Pogba played off the left at the weekend.
It does not matter, the point is we can get the best out of Pogba and winning a match without spending huge on DM and without forcing Pogba to play in midfield two. If this is what the manager wanted why we are aiming for hybrid midfield but not DM then that's valid reason. Let's not being picky how you want to win the match.

AgentSmith

It does not matter, the point is we can get the best out of Pogba and winning a match without spending huge on DM and without forcing Pogba to play in midfield two. If this is what the manager wanted why we are aiming for hybrid midfield but not DM then that's valid reason. Let's not being picky how you want to win the match.
What system gets the best out of Pogba, Bruno, and Rashford without Pogba playing in a two?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: BT (Denmark news outlet, not BT Sport)

I think the same news outlet also reported that his representatives will visit Spurs next week.

AgentSmith

Go watch the Spurs vs Man United, did Pogba play in a two? It will answer your question and your future questions.
Righty-ho, that’s me set then if all my future questions are answered.

I don’t believe playing Rashford on the right gets the best out of him and I think that’s been proven pretty comprehensively this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Righty-ho, that’s me set then if all my future questions are answered.

I don’t believe playing Rashford on the right gets the best out of him and I think that’s been proven pretty comprehensively this season.
That's what you think. But what you think does not mean it's what actually happened. In reality, there is no any different in Rashford right or left. He has shown, he's capable to play on the right as effective as he does on the left. 5 goals and 1 assist in 6 games shown in below stats and he was involved in our build up for the first goal vs Spurs too. We won the match vs Spurs without a DM, without Pogba playing in a two and people consider it as one of our best match of the season. Beside, Rashford will not always play on the right or one position, you need to know the meaning of rotation as well and also understand that our front four does not operate static but operates fluid, players often swap/exchange position in the match.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is the problem with stats. The whole world can see Rashford is far less comfortable on the right than the left. Not that this is the thread to debate it :D

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Fotbollskanalen

I feel good here and I have two years left on my contract here. That’s really the only thing I think about. I want to continue to perform well at Rangers and then hope to be able to join the Euros this summer. This is where my focus lies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Relevant quotes:
[On playing under Guardiola at City]
I’m looking forward to it. I work to achieve something like that. I left Manchester with that apprenticeship: that I can play for City or for another elite club.

[On taking Fernandinho's place in the squad]
I have been in Spain for two years playing at a good level but I am ready to face any challenge if an opportunity like that is given.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Sources:

Boca Juniors are doing meticulous work to bring Cavani in, with "two main people" leading the work.

Boca have reserved both numbers 7 and 9 for Cavani. Keep an eye out for their Copa Libertadores squad list to see if they actually did save those numbers.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There is no need to discuss the Cavani transfer to this extent. If he signs, great. If he doesn't we move on. He is fecking 34+ . We are talking as if we are losing one of our star players in prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.