Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I never said that they will. I said that United would be okay with going as low as 15 million Euros. Whether AC Milan will want to pay that is a whole other story, and I've reiterated this multiple times in my previous posts. I've also mentioned that AC Milan will have a tough time finding depth and strengthening their overall squad if they're only looking to spend up to 10 million Euros. Options like that are not necessarily easy to find, and that's without considering the wages that the players could demand.
If it’s another story then you shouldn’t reply to the original post. The original post was about Milan and Dalot.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If we sell Pogba who do we realistically replace him with? Seems to me there hasn't been a standout available midfielder for a few years now.
You're right, there aren't too many good options available of someone who'd be close to being as good as him. There are the obvious well-known players like McGinn, Milinkovic-Savic, Zakaria, and Camavinga, but then there are also somewhat lesser-known yet highly promising options like Yacine Adli and Xaver Schlager. Because of a lack of rumours regarding a capable Pogba replacement, I don't know who United would have in mind.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If it’s another story then you shouldn’t reply to the original post. The original post was about Milan and Dalot.
My reply was originally on that, too, especially in highlighting his value as a left back this season.

I get this feeling that you're not interested in having a fair discussion with me. If I'm wrong, or if you have something personal against me, then let me know via a PM.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
My reply was originally on that, too, especially in highlighting his value as a left back this season.

I get this feeling that you're not interested in having a fair discussion with me. If I'm wrong, or if you have something personal against me, then let me know via a PM.
I’m not sure why you have a feeling like that. If anything I find it strange why are you forcing me into discussion that I wasn’t even in it. You were replying to my original discussion about Milan and Dalot, then you should stick to the discussion not end up talking about something else. If you stick to the topic then it will become fair discussion not waste of time and miscommunication, right? How do you feel if I reply to one of your post talking about Paul Pogba but after 10 posts I told you that I was actually talking about Pogba’s brother? :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

My brother told me that Ceballos went on a Spanish media outlet somewhat recently and talked about how he was a better fit in La Liga. His performance against Villareal flared up stories about his future, and I'm not surprised at him deciding to go back to Spain at this stage.
Is he the transfer tweet aggregator guru for Spanish football? Like how they have Opta Joe and Opta Jose, is he the transfer forum expert on Madrid Cafe? :D

SAFMUTD

My brother told me that Ceballos went on a Spanish media outlet somewhat recently and talked about how he was a better fit in La Liga. His performance against Villareal flared up stories about his future, and I'm not surprised at him deciding to go back to Spain at this stage.
He's shit, I remember wanting him to join us when he was a Betis player. Thank God I'm not a scout for ManUtd.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT (because I forgot to include this earlier): This seems to be in direct response to what Anton Meana said in El Larguero.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You're right, there aren't too many good options available of someone who'd be close to being as good as him. There are the obvious well-known players like McGinn, Milinkovic-Savic, Zakaria, and Camavinga, but then there are also somewhat lesser-known yet highly promising options like Yacine Adli and Xaver Schlager. Because of a lack of rumours regarding a capable Pogba replacement, I don't know who United would have in mind.
If I am going to make a guess, it's probably Grealish. Camavinga or Rice would come in for double pivot. Garner could replace Matic in 2 years.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I’m not sure why you have a feeling like that. If anything I find it strange why are you forcing me into discussion that I wasn’t even in it. You were replying to my original discussion about Milan and Dalot, then you should stick to the discussion not end up talking about something else. If you stick to the topic then it will become fair discussion not waste of time and miscommunication, right? How do you feel if I reply to one of your post talking about Paul Pogba but after 10 posts I told you that I was actually talking about Pogba’s brother? :lol:
Let's continue this in our PM. I don't want to derail this thread any further.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Everybody get their sources out and slap them on the table and see who's got the best
Speaking of which...

Apparently, Leah Smith of CaughtOffside and StrettyNews mentioned that Raiola's threatening Dortmund to move Haaland over to Bayern Munich in 2022 if they don't allow him to leave the club this summer. Raiola responded with this:

Leah with a rebuttal:

In the end, Florian Plettenberg has acknowledged Bayern's interest in Haaland:

Source:

Mr Smith

fecking where, hiding between the cushions!?!?!
I've heard a few pundits explain that basically because of the size of Real Madrid as a brand, Perez can go to most banks in Spain and ask for a loan, and make the argument that a signing like Haaland will bring in revenue commercially that will ultimately make it a sound investment with a strong return. I don't fully buy that, but I have heard it more than once.

Infra-red

More on Haaland:

Haaland should be on the front page, not that fat, talentles slug. Something needs to be permanently done about these agents - they add absolutely nothing to the game and some sort of cap on their earnings would be extremely welcome.

Nero

Haaland should be on the front page, not that fat, talentles slug. Something needs to be permanently done about these agents - they add absolutely nothing to the game and some sort of cap on their earnings would be extremely welcome.
Nothing more than a gluttonous pimp who whores his players around.

A football agent should not be splashed across the front page of a newspaper running his mouth. I'm also assuming the chess pieces are symbolising the game of him moving his players about.

Blood Mage

If we sell Pogba who do we realistically replace him with? Seems to me there hasn't been a standout available midfielder for a few years now.
Camavinga will be as good as him if not better in a few years, but there's no ready made replacement around that I can see.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Explained in #TuDiràs:
- Neymar, Barça's number one target this summer
- The Brazilian is ready for anything to return
- There have already been Barça-PSG contacts. The first answer was NO.
- Barça, however, are convinced that the player can leave Paris for less than the offer of two years ago (130 million plus 3 players)
There's no way Barcelona can think that they can get Neymar for less money than what they were paid, especially since PSG have mentioned time and again that he's not for sale. Barcelona seriously can't make him their number one target unless they are getting some signs from Neymar that he's interested in returning (which, despite what the Tweet says, is not the case).

rotherham_red

Yeah, I think all of the hope is stemming from the fact that Pogba seems happy enough to play for United at this time, and he isn't sulking on or off the pitch. I think that both parties will be okay with moving on as long as United are able to get a good fee for him.
I think the issue with this line of thinking is that I don't think the likes of Juve and Real are in any decent financial position to actually be able to afford him, at least not this summer, whereas we most likely will be able to afford a big contract for him after we sold or let go so many big first teamers. I think at the very least he's staying past this summer, and with the way this team is developing and how much Real and Juve are in need of a proper and major rebuild, I'd give us more of a chance of keeping him than letting him go.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think the issue with this line of thinking is that I don't think the likes of Juve and Real are in any decent financial position to actually be able to afford him, at least not this summer, whereas we most likely will be able to afford a big contract for him after we sold or let go so many big first teamers. I think at the very least he's staying past this summer, and with the way this team is developing and how much Real and Juve are in need of a proper and major rebuild, I'd give us more of a chance of keeping him than letting him go.
There are two sides to this. On one hand, we're getting better on the pitch, and everyone's starting to play for the club and fighting for each other. There's a chance for Pogba to seal his legacy by being a part of the first post-Fergie title-winning side. On the other hand, whilst Juventus and Real Madrid are in a bit of a relative slump (Juventus way more so), Pogba has the chance to make a major name for himself at either of those clubs and continue to grow his brand. Whilst the latter notion seems quite flimsy, I always think back to Cristiano Ronaldo and how he wanted to move on whilst we were at the top.

You might be right, though. With their worse financial positions (compared to last time around), we have a good at keeping Pogba and getting his best years with us.

Corwin

18 year old winger Dario Sarmiento is joining Manchester City on 1st July as reported by his club Estudiantes de La Plata. (Sorry but I'm not allowed post tweets)
The winger was the second-youngest player to make a debut for Estudiantes when he went on as a sub against Huracan in 2019, aged 16 years and seven months.
The deal is reportedly worth around £5.2million, with add-ons, while the Argentine club will receive 20 per cent of any future transfer fee for the player.
A right-winger, 5ft 6in tall, who favours his left foot, Sarmiento has drawn the inevitable comparisons with Lionel Messi, due to his close control, and dribbling ability.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-transfer-dario-sarmiento-20505680

Very talented youngster. Very good transfer for City. I wish United made more such reasonably priced transfers of top South American talents.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If shit hits the fan and he wants to leave, I would take Kroos for Pogba.
I dont think he will chose Juve as things stand unless they offload Ronaldo.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Speaking of which...

Apparently, Leah Smith of CaughtOffside and StrettyNews mentioned that Raiola's threatening Dortmund to move Haaland over to Bayern Munich in 2022 if they don't allow him to leave the club this summer. Raiola responded with this:

Leah with a rebuttal:

In the end, Florian Plettenberg has acknowledged Bayern's interest in Haaland:

Source:
That Bayern are 'observing' Haaland as a potential signing in 2022 is non-news. Every big club is.

However, I'm rather sure that the journalist for CaughtOffside got the inspiration for making up that "Raiola has threatened BVB that if they don't sell him now he will join Bayern" thing after reading the respective threads on German football on RedCafé. Unbelievably silly story :lol:

Falcow

After communicating with his family? Does he write home once a month or something? Or maybe goes to the phone box every Sunday evening and makes a reverse charge long distance call to Uruguay?

Dve

Cavani offered a two years contract?

"CAVANI WAS CLOSING WITH THE MANCHESTER UNTIL JUNE 2023"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.