Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nobody has enough sterling for Erling this summer.

I wonder if this might present an opening to get Tielemans.
They paid about £35m for him themselves, it’ll take too much to prise him. Maybe in a year or two when he has fewer years on his contract.

Pavl3n

Crazy he is playing first team football in La Liga while 35m Diallo plays same role as a 16 y/o Shola and has ten minutes to his name (even though he managed to score an important winning goal)
Yeah, I know. I think it's because of the way the deal was struck. He came here in January. Not sure if we had the deal signed in the summer window and he stayed in Italy on loan or it was a straight transfer in Jan - just that the papers were signed some when in Sept. I guess we didn't want to get him here and get him loaned out right away. Whereas Pelistri had a half a season here before he moved out. That's the only logical reason I can find behind it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is this guy reliable?
Ehh....at best, he's a mixed bag. He's one of the more reliable journalists out of Sportitalia, but is he reliable enough? I can't say for sure.

Typically, if a journalist puts their name on a story, then they're receiving some sort of info from someone connected to football. This also includes typically unreliable or worse journalists like Nicolo Schira. Then again, they also receive a bunch of speculative info from their sources. The good ones filter out the rubbish in one way or another.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Vazquez at right back, eh? Given their existing defensive problems, bringing in a defensively weak right back shouldn't really be up there for Bayern (unless they're hoping to get him for a low cost).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

It's important to reiterate firmly that no one outside of Milan can decide who plays or who renews their contract. Certain decisions are up to the manager regarding the pitch and the club regarding contracts.

From now on, every single contract negotiation will be frozen until the end of the season to allow players to solely focus on the league.
I don't know if that's necessarily a good idea as it'll allow both Calhanoglu's and Donnarumma's entourages to talk to other clubs in the meantime.

OmarUnited4ever

In response to what's coming out of Raiola's mouth, Zorc responds:

We'll see how far Raiola will go with this, but I suspect that it'll depend on how far Haaland would want Raiola to go.

From The Athletic, they said the below: (couldn't find a relevant Tweet).

What has been said?
“We already had a gentlemen’s agreement with Jadon last year that he can switch under certain conditions,” Zorc said.

“He’s been with us for a couple of years. However, this agreement does not exist with Erling (Haaland).”

The 58-year-old later added the agreement was almost activated last summer when Manchester United tried to sign Sancho.

However, Zorc added: “In the end, the requirements were not met.”

It is understood these requirements refer to Dortmund’s £110 million asking price for the mercurial talent
The info from your tweet says BVB are willing to sell for less than €100m while The Athletic say BVB still want £110m, a bit of contradicting reporting in terms of the fee BVB would demand.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The info from your tweet says BVB are willing to sell for less than €100m while The Athletic say BVB still want £110m, a bit of contradicting reporting in terms of the fee BVB would demand.
That part seems to refer to what was required last summer. The German media have been reporting for a while that Sancho's for sale, which implies that they might let him go for a slightly smaller fee. Berger's Tweet also refers to what the conditions could be this summer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • (Likely) Deadline for the gentleman's agreement: the start of Dortmund's training camp (possibly end of July)
  • Teams interested: Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United
  • Dortmund have yet to receive an offer
  • Sancho's successors: both Memphis Depay (wages) and Donyell Malen (transfer fee) have been ruled out
Alternate possible deadline:

Last edited:

Infra-red

• (Likely) Deadline for the gentleman's agreement: the start of Dortmund's training camp (possibly end of July)
  • Sancho's successors: both Memphis Depay (wages) and Donyell Malen (transfer fee) have been ruled out
£74m - £78m. That's reasonable (not cheap, but a fair price) - I hope we get him ahead of Liverpool.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This shouldn't be a problem this
summer then :)
It will

Varun1

Who's the EPL player that they're looking at to replace Sancho?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Who's the EPL player that they're looking at to replace Sancho?
Leah didn't reveal the winger in the comments, unfortunately. She did, however, rule out two options:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Dortmund linked to Wilfried Zaha? Besides Zaha, other wingers that I wouldn't be surprised for them to go after are Hudson-Odoi and Saka.

cyberman

Leah didn't reveal the winger in the comments, unfortunately. She did, however, rule out two options:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Dortmund linked to Wilfried Zaha? Besides Zaha, other wingers that I wouldn't be surprised for them to go after are Hudson-Odoi and Saka.
Not exactly a great source though

cyberman

CaughtOffside and StrettyNews as websites, no. Leah's scoops, however, have been corroborated and picked up by other, more reliable journalists (like Patrick Berger and Fabrizio Romano).
Have they? Like what?

gajender

Have they? Like what?
Unless something has changed dramatically with Caught Offside recently I wouldn't lend any credibility to anybody associated with them .
Nothing this Leah character has done sofar to prove otherwise This Source should be on banned List .

cyberman

Unless something has changed dramatically with Caught Offside recently I wouldn't lend any credibility to anybody associated with them .
Nothing this Leah character has done sofar to prove otherwise This Source should be on banned List .
Thats why im asking. She literally created her account during ESL week and knowing Dortmund transfer news smells like bullshit.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Hes a good keeper especially for his age but hes been nothing but a headache for Milan. Is already the highest paid youngster in Italy and now leaves for nothing. The true cost of dealing with Raiola players

Varun1

Good shout, could be CHO. Unlikely to be Saka imo, they won't be able to afford him. Zaha is another good shout, I too remember them being linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.