Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Have they? Like what?
Unless something has changed dramatically with Caught Offside recently I wouldn't lend any credibility to anybody associated with them .
Nothing this Leah character has done sofar to prove otherwise This Source should be on banned List .
Hence why I'm not looking at the CaughtOffside site or their other journalists. Anyways, to start off:
Leicester is targeting Robin Gosens of Atalanta.

This was corroborated by Fabrizio Romano (via his Italian connections, I'm guessing).
Then, Patrick Berger of Sport1 name-dropped Leah Smith in his article:

If you're going to point out Raiola's response, it's all covered here:
Speaking of which...

Apparently, Leah Smith of CaughtOffside and StrettyNews mentioned that Raiola's threatening Dortmund to move Haaland over to Bayern Munich in 2022 if they don't allow him to leave the club this summer. Raiola responded with this:

Leah with a rebuttal:

In the end, Florian Plettenberg has acknowledged Bayern's interest in Haaland:

Source:
In the end, I'm not aiming to post just about anything coming from Leah, which is why I've ignored stuff linked from her about Dybala, Camavinga, Pedri, Bertrand, etc. Whist she may have become more active again after the Super League, this account was created on April 5 after she deleted her original account a while back.

Conclusion: don't worry, I'm not planning to post anything and everything coming from her. As always, I will check to see if her stories are corroborated by others. My goal here is to ensure that the original sources are attributed to the stories that come up.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Conclusion: don't worry, I'm not planning to post anything and everything coming from her. As always, I will check to see if her stories are corroborated by others. My goal here is to ensure that the original sources are attributed to the stories that come up.
Source A writing "btw source B is writing this" is not corroboration. Sport1 just picked up a juicy clickbait headline and named that Twitter account as the source in their article to distance themselves from the message. It's the opposite of corroboration.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Source A writing "btw source B is writing this" is not corroboration. Sport1 just picked up a juicy clickbait headline and named that Twitter account as the source in their article to distance themselves from the message. It's the opposite of corroboration.
@mazhar13 is doing such a great job aggregating these tweets for us, that too for free I might add. If you don't like the source don't believe the story. You don't have to whine over it to someone basically trying to help all of us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah, it's not straight-up corroboration, but I'm wondering why this would get singled out. I haven't seen reliable sources do this in a long while (if ever). Note that this doesn't mean that it hasn't happened, just that I haven't observed it, personally.

In this particular case, they could've picked up the story in order to add further context to Raiola calling this fake news, so fair enough.

EDIT: CaughtOffside have written way, way more rubbish that hasn't been singled out by any of the reliable sources. The fact that Berger did this with his Haaland story is the reason why I had to pay more attention. Even if I didn't trust Leah one bit, I'd post it here just for the original source to be attributed and referenced.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@mazhar13 is doing such a great job aggregating these tweets for us, that too for free I might add. If you don't like the source don't believe the story. You don't have to whine over it to someone basically trying to help all of us.
Don't worry about it. He's good. I also appreciate some of those posts in order to ensure that I'm not going too out of hand, but if I feel that a particular Tweet is coming from a reliable source, then I'll be happy to support it.

cyberman

Im not having a go, its a new twitter account who suddenly has all this information about international transfers. Its important to filter out who is who or this place become a mess with meltdowns.

King7Eric

Don't worry about it. He's good. I also appreciate some of those posts in order to ensure that I'm not going too out of hand, but if I feel that a particular Tweet is coming from a reliable source, then I'll be happy to support it.
You're too good man. But I just don't like it when people complain over something that's being given to them for a free. Plus it's very to just ignore the news if you don't trust the source.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Im not having a go, its a new twitter account who suddenly has all this information about international transfers. Its important to filter out who is who or this place become a mess with meltdowns.
I understand your concerns, and I share them too, but honestly, even the most reliable sources cause meltdowns with their stories. Any little scoop that offers even a bit of hope seems to get extrapolated to a near-guarantee (vice versa for the negative stories).

King7Eric

Fair enough and I apologize to you and @do.ob if I came across as confrontational. But as I said we are getting all this news for free, so should be more appreciative than critical. Can easily ignore stuff if we don't trust it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, it's not straight-up corroboration, but I'm wondering why this would get singled out. I haven't seen reliable sources do this in a long while (if ever). Note that this doesn't mean that it hasn't happened, just that I haven't observed it, personally.

In this particular case, they could've picked up the story in order to add further context to Raiola calling this fake news, so fair enough.
Because Raiola/greed, Bayern and Dortmund are the holy trinity of click generators for a German sports site. They don't even give an author as far as I can see. So it's someone from their online staff spotting this on Twitter and their only genuine contribution to the story is that their editor called up their transfer guy who supposedly contacted Raiola directly, who supposedly told him it's nonsense.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Because Raiola/greed, Bayern and Dortmund are the holy trinity of click generators for a German sports site. They don't even give an author as far as I can see. So it's someone from their online staff spotting this on Twitter and their only genuine contribution to the story is that their editor called up their transfer guy who supposedly contacted Raiola directly, who supposedly told him it's nonsense.
Yeah, that's true, the article isn't attributed to a particular journalist. Maybe this could have just been a quick article that was written up to highlight this particular scoop. With that said, shouldn't we have been seeing more of this in the past? Why now, particularly from an outlet with decent sources?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Come on you guys, did you really, even for a minute, think United would ever start working on a transfer before the window opens?
Clubs can work on transfers all throughout the season & deals can be accepted, just can’t move until the window opens.

So in the words of Joe Rogan - “It’s entirely possible” that we could’ve done a deal.

If we’re competent to get all of our deals done super early or atleast 1 deal super early is another matter entirely, especially considering history with the club and transfers, haha!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, that's true, the article isn't attributed to a particular journalist. Maybe this could have just been a quick article that was written up to highlight this particular scoop. With that said, shouldn't we have been seeing more of this in the past? Why now, particularly from an outlet with decent sources?
Because the online staff is there to recycle reports from other outlets for clicks. If people feel there is truth to something they will run it under their name and commit to it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Because the online staff is there to recycle reports from other outlets for clicks. If people feel there is truth to something they will run it under their name and commit to it.
That's fair. I guess I was only perked up because Berger himself retweeted this when he hasn't done it with any of the other past stories, so fair enough if that's the case.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

André Silva soon to Atletico Madrid?

"The subject is very, very hot, there have been many discussions and negotiations."

But: A swap deal with [Real Madrid for] Luka Jovic is unlikely.
Basically, Atlético de Madrid are in negotiations for André Silva, and Real Madrid aren't going to offer Luka Jovic to Frankfurt to obtain him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I understand your concerns, and I share them too, but honestly, even the most reliable sources cause meltdowns with their stories. Any little scoop that offers even a bit of hope seems to get extrapolated to a near-guarantee (vice versa for the negative stories).
Just because we're criticizing some select of the tweets you post, doesn't mean we criticize you posting them, not at all. On the contrary, you're doing awesome work. But I still will call that Leah Smith a major bullshitter..
Thats why im asking. She literally created her account during ESL week and knowing Dortmund transfer news smells like bullshit.
Her claim that Raiola tried to pressure BVB into selling Haaland this summer by threatening a possible Bayern move next summer was surely pure and utter made up BS. It's how someone would make up a story that doesn't know how the people at BVB tick, at all.
Then when Raiola called her out she pretended to be all chummy and ITK with him, loads of winking smileys and all. Embarrassing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just because we're criticizing the tweets you post, doesn't mean we criticize you posting them. On the contrary, you're doing awesome work. But I still will call that Leah Smith a major bullshitter
I see no issue with you or anyone else criticising the Tweets. I've provided my reasons for why I would take it a little more seriously than I typically would. If those aren't good enough, then that's fine, and I've acknowledged as such, too.

I'll continue to keep an eye out for her Tweets and see what else she posts.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Basically, Atlético de Madrid are in negotiations for André Silva, and Real Madrid aren't going to offer Luka Jovic to Frankfurt to obtain him.
I imagine then that they will extend the loan of Morata. Perhaps the sale of Joao Félix is also being considered. The Atlético fans seem quite fed up with him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Was Dembele just an option to buy? Guessing they’re not exercising that.

Varun1

I imagine then that they will extend the loan of Morata. Perhaps the sale of Joao Félix is also being considered. The Atlético fans seem quite fed up with him
Fed up of Felix? I thought I read somewhere that he's putting in better performances.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Fed up of Felix? I thought I read somewhere that he's putting in better performances.
He started well but has been quite bad for a few months. Disappeared during matches, although it is true that he had injuries

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

I’d take him back at United, shame he couldn’t progress here, he’s become a great player!

RUCK4444

I’d take him back at United, shame he couldn’t progress here, he’s become a great player!
I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club.

He’s an embarrassing self obsessed, tacky, awful rapper and part time half-decent footballer.

Last thing we need when we are desperate for leadership on the pitch.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We have plenty leaders at the club & on the pitch:

Bruno
Maguire
Pogba

He’s an embarrassing self obsessed, tacky, awful rapper and part time half-decent footballer.

AaronRedDevil

Who's going to buy De Gea. None of the top clubs need him or have the money. I think he'd stay one more year and just play Europe and cup games
Juventus or PSG or even AC Milan might have him. 25-30m. Gigi might be leaving AC in the summer. Someone will definetly come for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Pretty much this. Absolutely not the type of personality profile we should be bringing to the club.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Juventus or PSG or even AC Milan might have him. 25-30m. Gigi might be leaving AC in the summer. Someone will definetly come for him.
AC Milan could not pay that kind of wage. United would have to pay a chunk of his wage or give him away on a free transfer. Great work Ed.

Riz

I doubt anyone would pay £25m considering his wages are reportedly north of £300k a week. Only way I see him leaving is if we sanction a very low transfer fee to a club willing to take on his pay packet, similar to Sanchez leaving for basically nothing. Now I know De Gea is far from being as useless and unhappy as Sanchez was, but he’s still not up to the same level that can command such a fee on top of his wage demands anymore.

saivet

Henderson and Johnstone would be worrying for me. Not saying they're not good enough just that right now it'd be a big risk.
If Johnstone would accept being our no.2, I'm not sure there are too many better options out there.

jamesjimmybyrondean

As it stands Gigi is going to Juventus and AC Milan have lined up Maigan as a replacement. Psg just gave Navas a new contract and has been one of their best players. Don't see any of this clubs as a potential destination. Inter maybe? Sevilla? Or Atletico if a team like Chelsea gets Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.