Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Some more info on Neuhaus based on the Bild report linked earlier:

Basically, whilst they'd like to keep him around, they'd be open to a decent offer (in this case, starting at 40 million Euros).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There's no chance of André Silva joining Atlético de Madrid for now. Apparently, he's not the kind of striker that Atlético want in their team.

Devil may care

Who are you referring as side
Nice little winger. ;)

Source: Bild

Apparently, Neuhaus will become a key player for Mönchengladbach next season with the likes of Thuram and Zakaria expected to be sold. Bild have linked Liverpool to him alongside Bayern Munich.
If we are intent on buying Rice then Neuhaus would be a good partner for him to pick up the attacking slack in the double pivot.

There's no chance of André Silva joining Atlético de Madrid for now. Apparently, he's not the kind of striker that Atlético want in their team.
Odd, he seems very much like the type of striker Simeone likes.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Some more info on Neuhaus based on the Bild report linked earlier:

Basically, whilst they'd like to keep him around, they'd be open to a decent offer (in this case, starting at 40 million Euros).
Don't think he's quite ready for the EPL. He's a really good player but don't think he's physically strong enough for the EPL yet, similar to how Goretzka was before he moved to Bayern.

If he does move to an EPL team, they should gradually try to build up his muscle as he has the technical skills to succeed. Would love to see him sign for Dortmund though.

Btw haven't seen any rumours of Thuram being sold, which clubs are interested? Rumours for Zakaria have died down as well

Last edited:

Sting

I like how these European managers/club presidents ask the questions themselves and then proceed to answer them.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like how these European managers/club presidents ask the questions themselves and then proceed to answer them.
My favourite is the “oh, player X? I love him, he’s a great player, who wouldn’t want him? But I don’t talk about players from other clubs”.

manuchamp88

My favourite is the “oh, player X? I love him, he’s a great player, who wouldn’t want him? But I don’t talk about players from other clubs”.
I think it's just a device that lazy/rushed journalists use, to be honest. Simpler to write that instead of writing something like, 'when Conte was asked about buying another Manchester United reject in Phil Jones, he said, "Yeah, I would love to work with him..." '

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think it's just a device that lazy/rushed journalists use, to be honest. Simpler to write that instead of writing something like, 'when Conte was asked about buying another Manchester United reject in Phil Jones, he said, "Yeah, I would love to work with him..." '
What manuchamp88 said is correct, and I want to add on that I've mostly seen this from Italian journalists (maybe they're the only ones doing it).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Going the Inter route, buy all our off casts and succeed. Any chance he can take Dave and Jones as well?
You could be onto something there, can't remember what DDG's relationship was like with Jose but Roma may start to look attractive to 'certain' players now Mourinho is there

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Roman newspaper Corriere della Sera are going the extra mile when it comes to linking Roma to United players.

They're basing that link on the fact that de Gea is benched at United as well as Mourinho having formerly managed him. Expect to see more of these kind of rumours in the next few days.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Roman newspaper Corriere della Sera are going the extra mile when it comes to linking Roma to United players.

They're basing that link on the fact that de Gea is benched at United as well as Mourinho having formerly managed him. Expect to see more of these kind of rumours in the next few days.
Yup. Only been one day and already linking Matic, Mata and DDG to Roma. Lazy journalism.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Because the Twitter translation is quite rough:
  • Barcelona want to reduce Agüero's salary to their level.
  • Agüero's keen on joining the club.
  • Barcelona are not actively negotiating as they're focused on the league campaign.
  • Agüero's likely to end up at Barcelona.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

PSG has made a right back a priority for next season. His profile will depend on that of the other [right back] who'll remain in the team (Florenzi or Dagba), and a list has been established with different profiles. Serge Aurier is one of them.

We are heading more towards Florenzi's departure. [Because he's] very attached to the club, Dagba wishes to stay at PSG next season.
  • Florenzi's currently on loan with an option to be purchased for 8 million Euros.
  • The Serge Aurier link is originally from Le Parisien.
  • Both AC Milan and Atlético de Madrid are also in the hunt for Aurier
    • Atlético's possibility depends on Trippier leaving.
EDIT: This Tweet reveals his price - 10 million Euros.

pascell

• Florenzi's currently on loan with an option to be purchased for 8 million Euros.
  • The Serge Aurier link is originally from Le Parisien.
  • Both AC Milan and Atlético de Madrid are also in the hunt for Aurier
    • Atlético's possibility depends on Trippier leaving.
EDIT: This Tweet reveals his price - 10 million Euros.
Aurier and they want to improve their defence :lol:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
What manuchamp88 said is correct, and I want to add on that I've mostly seen this from Italian journalists (maybe they're the only ones doing it).
Exactly this. It seems to be some kind of Italian reporting shorthand convention. The bit with the question mark is always the question/topic the quote is refering to.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Where have you got that info? Everywhere else says Dzeko is paid closer to €300k a week
Roma don't have that kind of money – anyone who says Dzeko is on €300k a week doesn't know Serie A finances.

I think the ~100k figure that's been quoted above is from reports in Italian print media around the time there were talks of players taking pay cuts to ease the club through the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.