Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looked a good all rounder as a youngster but can't say I've seen much of him since. Certainly far from being in the mix for the NT with Valverde, Bentancur, Vecino, Torreira and Nández all ahead of him.

Doubt he could be any more than a decent squad player for us. Cheap and good value sounds about right.
Thanks for the feedback guys. @mazhar13

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looked a good all rounder as a youngster but can't say I've seen much of him since. Certainly far from being in the mix for the NT with Valverde, Bentancur, Vecino, Torreira and Nández all ahead of him.

Doubt he could be any more than a decent squad player for us. Cheap and good value sounds about right.
That sounds about right to me and in line with my observations. The only thing that stood out for him was his ability to cover the ground quickly and pressure the opposition. Other than that...meh.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That sounds about right to me and in line with my observations. The only thing that stood out for him was his ability to cover the ground quickly and pressure the opposition. Other than that...meh.
To be fair, after watching how we shat the bed in possession time and again today, I wouldn't be averse to it.

Scholsey2004

Anyone know much about this guy?
He's on Juventus books till 2025. On loan at Atalanta. He has 10 yellows in 27 starts! If they have an option to buy it doesn't look like their exercising it. Cheaper option. He looks proactive and that takes him out of the backline leaving it potentially exposed. Good in the air but gives a few too many fouls away for me. Here he is against Ajax last October:

You can see why hes picking up yellows. Watched his Youtube video and it was a series on clips of him bundling players over.

Steve Bruce

Difference is everyone had heard about Bruno by the time we were interested. Had you heard about Arambarri before today?
I never heard of Kante until Leicester signed him. For that matter who was Vardy?

The point is, you can't just write off a player because of the league he plays in, club he plays for & whether or not we've heard of him. Scouts have been looking at him & if they recommend him, then we have to trust they know what they're talking about.

We can flip it & talk about a lot of signings that where we'll known & expensive that didn't work out.. Veron, Falcao, Di Maria, schweinstegger, lukaku, sanchez etc etc.

Liverpool signed Robertson from the championship for pennies, coutinho from the bench in series a for pennies etc. Who where they?

I'm not saying this player is a smasher, I'm just not writing him off based on the team he plays for. I'll judge him by how he plays if/when I see him play.

There are hundreds of undiscovered players hidden in Europe & if we're able to unearth a few it can only be a good thing.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I never heard of Kante until Leicester signed him. For that matter who was Vardy?

The point is, you can't just write off a player because of the league he plays in, club he plays for & whether or not we've heard of him. Scouts have been looking at him & if they recommend him, then we have to trust they know what they're talking about.

We can flip it & talk about a lot of signings that where we'll known & expensive that didn't work out.. Veron, Falcao, Di Maria, schweinstegger, lukaku, sanchez etc etc.

Liverpool signed Robertson from the championship for pennies, coutinho from the bench in series a for pennies etc. Who where they?

I'm not saying this player is a smasher, I'm just not writing him off based on the team he plays for. I'll judge him by how he plays if/when I see him play.

There are hundreds of undiscovered players hidden in Europe & if we're able to unearth a few it can only be a good thing.
Exactly.

Most of us on here had never heard of Fofana a year ago.

Now we all want to spend big money on him.

Red_toad

Exactly.

Most of us on here had never heard of Fofana a year ago.

Now we all want to spend big money on him.
I don’t think he’d get away with his diving antics at United. Never seen a centre half fall over so easily. He’d need to toughen up at a better club.

jderbyshire

I don’t think he’d get away with his diving antics at United. Never seen a centre half fall over so easily. He’d need to toughen up at a better club.
That's what I'm saying - don't sign Fofana.

Find our own Fofana.

But people would be moaning if we signed a CB from France/Germany/Italy for £30m.

Then again, people would be moaning at anything.

Nick7

That's what I'm saying - don't sign Fofana.

Find our own Fofana.

But people would be moaning if we signed a CB from France/Germany/Italy for £30m.

Then again, people would be moaning at anything.
Didn’t really work with Lindelof or Bailly though, did it?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Shock horror we're linked with Varane again the day after a shocking defensive performance. I don't think we'll get Varane.

I reckon we'll get Pau Torres. Although I know nothing about him

jderbyshire

Didn’t really work with Lindelof or Bailly though, did it?
They were Jose signings. He was always hit and miss with transfers.

Anyway, Bailly was very good before his injuries started and Lindelof was arguably the best of a bad bunch before Maguire arrived.

Ole has a better transfer record and now has 4-5 years more advanced data analytics to work with.

Mr. Ant

To be fair I doubt that anybody was scouting those players. They were just big names so Ed signed them (except Veron of course).

We need to find players such as Kante, Maguire etc before their value skyrockets.
Our squad is not big and not good enough so we can sign more young players like Amad for example.
They will need time of course but I'd rather give them time here or on loan than to sign them from Leicester 2 years later for huge amounts of money.
I hope our scouting and planning improves.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Dont know anything about him, but he will be 26 at the start of next season. Can't be anything special if he still at Getafe at that age.
Technically looks excellent and ahead of the likes of Fred and McT. Has an eye for goal and has a good leap on him.
Don’t have any idea how he’d cope in the PL but he’s physically strong. Coped very well against the bigger teams.

If it’s only the Getafe thing that worries you, then Partey was bought from AM and looked another Vieria but hasn’t worked out. It’s his attitude to playing for Utd that is what we should be focusing on, not his club

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Technically looks excellent and ahead of the likes of Fred and McT. Has an eye for goal and has a good leap on him.
Don’t have any idea how he’d cope in the PL but he’s physically strong. Coped very well against the bigger teams.

If it’s only the Getafe thing that worries you, then Partey was bought from AM and looked another Vieria but hasn’t worked out. It’s his attitude to playing for Utd that is what we should be focusing on, not his club
Does his national team standing not worry you, sure they have a talented bunch at CM, but they are mostly on the verge of breaking out rather than established super stars.

SAFMUTD

I agree that there are exceptions, but they are very rare.

Also most of those names came from lower leagues that are not as scouted as top leagues, and they were fairly young. Liverpool signed Robertson when he was 23, Kante was 24. Also the key thing here is they were cheap punts.

I mean for Arambarri to be a hidden gem he is hidden at plain sight. Playing in a mid table team at a top league, he's almost 26, not in his national team and not one of the top teams of the leagues are interested. I mean sure there's a chance somehow he has slipped under the radar, but damn that's a slim slim chance that I don't think it's worth 35M.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

We have plenty of attitude in McTominay and Fred, we need quality.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Does his national team standing not worry you, sure they have a talented bunch at CM, but they are mostly on the verge of breaking out rather than established super stars.
ive really no idea about that. Am as in thebdark
We have plenty of attitude in McTominay and Fred, we need quality.
My point was that he’s technically superior than both but does he have the mentality to succeed in the PL? I don’t know. I just hope we do our homework on all targets because one; I don’t want to sign ‘potential’(we have that), two; I don’t want quality players to end up at Leicester or the like then we look to spend 70m in 2 years to sign them.

SAFMUTD

ive really no idea about that. Am as in thebdark

My point was that he’s technically superior than both but does he have the mentality to succeed in the PL? I don’t know. I just hope we do our homework on all targets because one; I don’t want to sign ‘potential’(we have that), two; I don’t want quality players to end up at Leicester or the like then we look to spend 70m in 2 years to sign them.
From the stats that have been thrown in the player's thread it doesn't seem he's anything more that a workhorse. He has a lower pass completion than McTominay and Fred and basically inferior in all aspects defensive and offensive besides pressing.

I mean Torreira is ahead of him in the national team and we all saw how poor he was at arsenal.

I disagree with the Leicester statement, those teams can afford to take punts and end up with average players, we can not. So if we have to pay prime fees to get the tested players then so be it. Taking this punts results in having deadwood more often than unearthed gems.

Also I don't trust our scouting system at all, we bought Darmian, Blind, Depay, Dalot, VVD, Rojo, Fred, Bailly, etc I mean we don't have the sharpest scouting team to say the least. This signing would scream average.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Be interesting if Lingard was presented with the choice regular UCL football but move to Germany or stay in England with midtable West Ham what would he choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.