Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

R77

Trippier is 30. Not the right age to sign a fullback.
Someone will be along any minute to say Laird should be the backup and we don't need anyone else.
I think he's a good age and level of experience to compete with AWB and leaves a decent window of time to see if Laird kicks on. He may not be ready now, but has been highly rated for so long, signing another young fullback at this time may seem to block him entirely. Trippier would be a good option for a couple of seasons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think he's a good age and level of experience to compete with AWB and leaves a decent window of time to see if Laird kicks on. He may not be ready now, but has been highly rated for so long, signing another young fullback at this time may seem to block him entirely. Trippier would be a good option for a couple of seasons.
Or we'll get stuck with another average player like Telles on decent money. Lets see. Maybe it'll work out if goes through

NYAS

Didn’t realize Trippier only has a year left on his contract.

Get him on a 3-year contract. He’ll be cheap, experienced, lad from Bury. Back-up to AWB.

Laird has missed a lot of football over the past few years through injury and only in the past 6 months has really played consistently. He needs playing time. Send him on loan again to the Championship. But he’s very talented - when he’s back, I could see him eventually pushing AWB out of the team if he keeps developing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Provides very very able back up to AWB for a couple years until Laird is ready to challenge Bissaka for the RB slot.

Edit: I've seen your replies to others. No need to reply here.

NYAS

Or we'll get stuck with another average player like Telles on decent money. Lets see. Maybe it'll work out if goes through
Decent money? Why would you think he’s on expensive wages? He was bought for like £12m with a year left on his contract. He’s a back-up. That’s what you get. Our squad would be weaker without him in it and I’m not sure a better LB would be happy to be Shaw’s reserve.

Jaxa

Man City release all time goal scorer Sergio Aguero to focus on younger more suited players for there team,

Man Utd willing to extend 33 year old Juan Mata’s contract who gives us absolutely feck all to first team apart from hugs,

The levels is staggering, I am so so envious of how well that club is run, fxking night and day contrast to how we’re run,

I could list so much more examples but we’d be here all night

NotQuiteManc

No to Trippier
Why not? He is the perfect backup RB to AWB. Experienced in both EPL and playing Europe, a different, more attacking type of RB and more suitable for the backup role compared to Williams, as it has clearly shown that with lack of consistent game time, Williams has been regressing and taking more time to get into the standard playing form when needed.

AWB has been excellent, but like Maguire, if he is injured I would not have the same confidence in Williams (or Laird like some mentioned, even though potentially both are good) as in Trippier. At least, on paper. Having said that, only if the price is cheap/fair, like the Telles deal. Both Williams and Laird need consistent game time, and I don't think both are ready for it at United, yet.

Number32

Telles is a good back up for Shaw, we don't stuck with him because he plays in the cup games, so shaw can rest. He also influence Shaw to practice his crossing and taking corners, something that we wouldn't imagine in the past.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Man City release all time goal scorer Sergio Aguero to focus on younger more suited players for there team,

Man Utd willing to extend 33 year old Juan Mata’s contract who gives us absolutely feck all to first team apart from hugs,

The levels is staggering, I am so so envious of how well that club is run, fxking night and day contrast to how we’re run,

I wouldn't go by press conferences here. Mata will be gone by season's end.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Trippier would be great addition to AWB. He won't be coming here to take the RB spot and even if he does, then fair play, it will be on merit.

Devil may care

I think Ole is just being respectful of Mata, he isn't talking like he sees him as part of the future and even mentions next chapter, I'm guessing a smaller La Liga side like Silva did.

Scholsey2004

Why not? He is the perfect backup RB to AWB. Experienced in both EPL and playing Europe, a different, more attacking type of RB and more suitable for the backup role compared to Williams, as it has clearly shown that with lack of consistent game time, Williams has been regressing and taking more time to get into the standard playing form when needed.

AWB has been excellent, but like Maguire, if he is injured I would not have the same confidence in Williams (or Laird like some mentioned, even though potentially both are good) as in Trippier. At least, on paper. Having said that, only if the price is cheap/fair, like the Telles deal. Both Williams and Laird need consistent game time, and I don't think both are ready for it at United, yet.
I dont think Trippier gives up first choice right back at Athletico to be AWB's substitute. Hes only 30. I think if he comes here its under the understanding he'll be getting at least as much game time as AWB who he's ahead of in the international set-up. .

The United

I thought the headline is a bit misleading.

I thought ole was saying that Mata would not get playing time and since it is what Mata wants, it is up to him what he wants to do. Ole just didn't want to say outright that we are not renewing his contract.

OmarUnited4ever

Trippier won't accept to come here play as a backup option to AWB, he is 30, very experienced and an England international.

Spurs might take him if Aurier leaves, or he might extend with A.Madrid.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Not really. Mata despite his extension last time hasn't played much. So stop overreacting. It's probably his dressing room influence that he is being asked to stay back.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Trippier won't accept to come here play as a backup option to AWB, he is 30, very experienced and an England international.

Spurs might take him if Aurier leaves, or he might extend with A.Madrid.
I was expecting Spurs to be strongly in for him, too. They don't have a good right back (Doherty has struggled so far), and with Aurier being linked to other clubs, Spurs are in dire need of a good right back.

SAF is the GOAT

— Manchester United are holding talks today in Denmark about signing FC Nordsjaelland sensation Kamaldeen Sulemana. A club delegation has jetted out to Denmark to negotiate a deal. A package of £15m will be enough to secure his signature

Withnail

Not really. Mata despite his extension last time hasn't played much. So stop overreacting. It's probably his dressing room influence that he is being asked to stay back.
That made sense the last time we renewed his contract. At this stage, with even less playing time, it would be a bit mad to keep him on as a cheerleader on footballers wages.

SAF is the GOAT

If only we had the money for Harry Kane...

We also need at least 3 or 4 players in different key positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.